Civilian Variant Assault Rifles

Kajin

Hear me out, guys. I'm only suggesting this because the game is set in Kentucky, and semi-automatic assault rifles are legal to own here. You can buy an AR-15 down at wal-mart, for crying out loud, and it's just an M16 with full auto removed.

However! These guns are pretty damn expensive and not very many people own them. Also, it uses 5.56mm ammo, which is hard to come by and expensive as all get out. I'd imagine there wouldn't be more than two or three of these in the whole game, and ammo would be so hard to find that you'd be almost guaranteed to never fire a shot. If you did end up using this weapon, you'd probably just end up giving it to an NPC with high guns skill and have them babysit the safehouse to keep hostile NPC's from stealing your stuff while you're out looting.

Only reason I'm even bothering to suggest this is because I know for a fact they're legal here, so coming across one would indeed be plausible.

I don't see why not, I suppose eventually assault rifles would turn up when the army goes through town and gets picked off by zombies etc. too. So long as it's rare to find, or at least the ammo for it. You know, not like Red Orchestra 2 where the experimental MKB42 is more common than the MP-freaking 40.

The AR-15 always was my favourite gun, and it would be a very good weapon against large zombie hordes as you could keep firing and dont have a long reloading time as in the shotgun, and if it and its ammo is very rare it would be fair enough so I totally support this idea. And if the devs wont add it in, we still have RC3's modding tools to make it possible :3.

I think this is entirely reasonable and will most likely be added by a modder before the devs get around to it. They might just add that to the official build later on.

The same goes for hunting rifles, I think.

Yeah I think this isn't a crazy suggestion. Like GSC said though, probably more than likely going to be added as a mod rather than implemented immediately to be honest.

I think if done right and made scarce enough, it's not unreasonable. I don't think that if they are implemented though that they should be found at somewhere like Walmart or any supermarket like that that sells guns because that's going to be one of the first things that's raided lets be honest.

I'd agree to that on the condition that the helicopter be surrounded by a veritable horde of zeds, meaning you'd already need to be armed to the teeth in order to get to it and whatever guns you find you'd need to use most of the ammo in order to get out of there intact.

Meaning you'd have military grade assault rifles, they'd just be useless now because you used all the ammo  :evil:

I'd agree to that on the condition that the helicopter be surrounded by a veritable horde of zeds, meaning you'd already need to be armed to the teeth in order to get to it and whatever guns you find you'd need to use most of the ammo in order to get out of there intact.

Meaning you'd have military grade assault rifles, they'd just be useless now because you used all the ammo  :evil:

But there could be a crooked army officer who will sell you parts and ammunition for army-grade weapons.

They would buy live samples of the virus, meaning catching zombies and giving them away!

This was mentioned in the old forums:

The devs want to add more gun variation to the game, but there won't be multiple guns of the same kind (example: we will be getting a hunting rifle, but we won't be getting 3 different brands and calibers). In the end we will likely have a list approximately like:

Handgun

Revolver

Shotgun

Sawed-off

Hunting Rifle

Assault Rifle

SMG (maybe)

No guns will be named specifically.

This would be an excellent time to use a distraction. But I agree, looting a military outpost (and even a police station or roadblock) would / should be very dangerous, simply because of what is likely to have gone down there in the final days / hours.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that some of the mysterious gunshots I keep hearing off screen are coming from automatic or semi-automatic rifles, submachine guns and other types of weapons we don't currently have.

We just need to find those trigger-happy NPCs and steal their weapons :)

Totally, all for it, and even though they said they wouldn't add full auto weapons, I think why not? Yes they are overpowered but no at the same time. Have you read Max Brooks zombie survival guide? What does he say about them? It's the head that counts right? So, as I said they are not and are overpowered at the same time, same with semi as well. The the full auto, it is not the ideal zombie weapon, it uses to much ammo, and it's inaccurate. As long as they are rare I think they are all fine.