'All in Zomboid Map Pack' Enhancer & Enhanced mods (and TWD Prison Door fix) V1.2

ddraigcymraeg

Hi,

Have another mod that I think is worth sharing. I play with the 'All in One Zomboid Map Pack' (my own version of it), and I noticed how many maps overlaying the default map were completely disconnected (or 'nearly' connected) from the default map, and each other.  Thanks to  ethanwdp and his Cheat Menu V2.5.1 mod, I saw a way to make persistent road tiles to connect all these maps without editing map data. This mod adds road tiles to the map in different areas to better connect these map areas, so players can find them easier. Details are in the mod archive. It is MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE, but please see the notes.  Also, this is not the most efficient way to change map data, so I added tiles where needed, and is not meant to be a professional mapping job. 

The other part of this mod, is that it attempts to fix the TWD Prison map crashes with some of the doors in that map, which caused it to be OUTDATED. I have not been able to reproduce the crash (probably because I'm still a newb at all the gameplay nuances of PZ), but I ran a script that found bad door data. When playing with this mod, when right clicking on the 'bad' doors, will either fix them by giving them a proper key, or simply remove the doors, depending on the mod setting. *This part really needs some testing to see if it fixes the crash for people.* There are 3 settings, if one setting doesn't work, try the other.  

This mod is mean to be played with 'All in Zomboid Map Pack'  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655062253 

or the The Walking Dead Prison map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524066677

or other maps in the map pack that overlay the default map.

Also note that these other mods are also changing, so no guarantee how this mod will work with them in the future,

Updated to V1.2:

AIZ Enhancer.zip

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

Updated to version 1.1 :-

Added another connecting road from Drayton to California, so now California is connected with rest of map(s) by road. Whereas before you had to take train tracks. 

Added a road connection on boundary of Muldraugh and Phoenix map that goes west from railyard road to open up where this mod is: La Casa Del Lago / Lagoon's House https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565639459

Asked maintainer of the 'All in Zomboid Map Pack' to add La Casa and West Point Strip map mods to the map pack as well. Also found a fix for New Denver. The maintainer removed that map, since New Denver was covering the Rosewood Prison, cell 25x39. 

If you are playing with New Denver or an older version of 'All in Zomboid Map Pack', just remove: 25_39.lotheader, chunkdata_25_39.bin & world_25_39.lotpack from 'maps/Kentucky' (if playing with map pack) or 'maps/New Denver'. Tested this and it seemed to work fine. 

Let the maintainer know so that they can put New Denver back in.

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

My pleasure, thanks for such an awesome map. I assume the fix worked. :-)  Helped a little with Nolan's Survivors mod by adding some preset spawns for it, and there will be some nice surprises with that map now when playing with that mod (or that area of the default map as well). 

Also, posted all my mods including this one on steam workshop. The maintainer of the map pack does not seem to be as motivated as used to be. So I may post a version of the map pack later in the week, with my enhancer included in the mod, as well as fixed New Denver, Homely House, West Point Strip Center & La Casa Mansion added. EDIT: as well as hilltop and blockade maps from Survivors, so players can get the full Survivors experience with the map pack.

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

'All In Zomboid Map Pack Enhanced' uploaded. Includes everything mentioned in this thread. Including support for Survivors! mod

New link with new maps and other various tidyup: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866374030

accidentally deleted my old workshop item when editing the steam overlay :-o

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

• 3 weeks later...

@ddraigcymraeg >
Thank you for this awesome AiO-Map-Pack. You a the best.

I tried the same (for my personal use) before you started with it - I learned from the others AiO`s about the structure and started to merge all maps into one.
But what you did is much better >
Fixes for TWD and you moved 0_0 maps with "fixed" objects.lua - just awesome...

BUT...
I looked on every map and Map-pack on Steam-Workshop.
And I miss some maps/cells in your mod :P

524301139 - South Muldraugh >>> You took it from the "old" AiO - but "678778880 - Kaputt, PA" overrides 3 cells/chunks of "524301139 - South Muldraugh"
And I would move it 3 cells down too - otherwise it overrides some houses on "678778880 - Kaputt, PA". (see map at imgur)

860479137 - Valley Station Military Outpost >>> You took it from "786130456 - Survivors! - UPDATE YOUR ZOMBIE.zip" but i think if you use the "860479137 - Valley Station Military Outpost" map you have a "newer" ones.
Just because when there is a map update, you have to wait that the new update gets into "786130456 - Survivors! - UPDATE YOUR ZOMBIE.zip" first.
Just a suggestion.

Cooper's Peanut Packaging Plant, KY - Viceroy_Cooper >>> You have it on your map (below "514427485 - Phoenix") - but not listed ;)
Found this one in "822745981 - TEK" and theindiestone-forums too.

Orell, KY (Alpha 0.1.1) >>> I found this one in "822745981 - TEK" (but cutted) and in "706723474 - TerminusPZ" (better ones I think) - but I cant find anywhere else.
Maybe it can be combined with "860479137 - Valley Station Military Outpost" (roads fits - but must be moved - see map at imgur).

"Asylum, KY - Insane Asylum - Viceroy_Asylum" >>> Found this one in "822745981 - TEK" and theindiestone-forums. I think the building itself is integrated into "522891356 - Bedford Falls" - but it looks different in design.
A maybe map ;)

Survival Island v 0.1.0 >>> I found this one in "822745981 - TEK" - but I cant find anywhere else (got deleted ? in theindiestone-forums...
Would fit into the sea of "532252577 - New Denver, BC" (see map at imgur). Maybe a "Bridge/Road" can be made for this too?

836865041 - ND Maps >>> Thought this is just a AiO-map too. But this are 2 maps that border on "532252577 - New Denver, BC" (see map at imgur).

772777521 - South Wuxburg, US >>> The last map from Steam-workshop that is missing - looks half-done but maybe a building site/area...
I put it on the imgur-map too.

656317317 - McDonalds, Westpoint >>> A FastFood into the wilderness ^^
Maybe somewhere closer to a town when possible.

Here is a map i made for suggestion >
http://imgur.com/a/xoyqV

Other AiO`s (maybe for compare) >>>

706723474 - TerminusPZ by Grumpy  <<< http://imgur.com/a/Mzxa4
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822745981

822745981 - TEK by Hunter <<< http://imgur.com/a/qvqEZ
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655062253

655062253 - All in Zomboid Map Pack by Atlas1205 <<< http://imgur.com/a/it9Ox
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866374030

Again > Thank you for your great and hard work to make this nice AiO-map-pack ;)

The maps i made can be used if you want.

Greetings
Sitte I. von Strolch

Edited by Sitte I. von Strolch

Hi, saw your in depth analysis on steam as well. Thats a lot for the feedback, really helped a lot. I made an update earlier today after chatting with some mappers, to include their updated maps, and I also added credits to all the authors.  Something that was remiss in the original AIZ map pack and for my version as well, so I apologize for that! 

I did another update with most of your suggestions and added some of my own tweaks: 

Muldraugh moved south 3 cells, to not overlap Kaputt buildings on far west. Had to cleanup and re-overlay the maps as well. Uggh this was a pain, but worth it.  

ND:Maps south and north of New Denver added, cool maps but no zeds spawn. So I added initial zeds like for Grove Beach, also some road tiles to connect them better. 

Orell Ky map was added North of Valley Station, and Valley Station Military Outpost shifted North 2 cells and it fits in perfectly. 

Asylum added next to McDonalds :-) And they joined very well, so McD's is no longer technically in the wilderness. 

Survival Island added (I guess you could just build a ginormous pier to get to it?). Or maybe fly to it with the plane in the Drive Cars mod? (just realized that lol).

objects.lua updates for new/shifted maps, bad spawn points for South Muldraugh fixed. 

The MP spawn point code in the Readme.txt has been updated adding and removing maps. Since one had problems with MP re-spawning.

I tried to update steam workshop, but my rig blue screen'd again when doing it in PZ. Not the first time it has happened with PZ workshop items. Typically I can boot back up, and complete what is left over (Steam is cool that way), but this time it completed but would not update the item. I also tried adding a new workshop item, same status = 8. 

So for now, until I can update my steam workshop, I will share the latest update here (credits in the readme.txt):

AIZ Enhanced download (until I can update steam again): 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/85n5am9da927thu/AIZ+Enhanced.zip

phew, been a very busy last few days and I dont plan to update again, unless a map gets updated, or if someone reports an easily fixeable bug, and I am still motivated.

After talking to mappers, I will share my road tile generation mod.  Its simply a tweaked version of ethanwdp's Cheat Menu mod that also dumps lua code into the console log when terraforming. Will also end up passing the mod onto another community member to maintain, build/scavenge from, like I did with AIZ, if there is any interest.

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, trying to host the mod on my server, it crashes all and no one can log into it with the mod active.

Its giving some heap memory issues, even when i have up to 50GB, works fine if i turn the mod off.

Any hints on this? :)

Hi, 

People have had this before, and I believe fixed it with these settings. It can take a bit longer to load the world as well. Make sure you have:

Map=Kentucky,Muldraugh, KY 

or

Map=Kentucky 

for the map (try top one first), since all lots are placed in that map folder, like the original AIZ. 

in the server.ini also, you will need the workshop item ids on that line of all mods you are using. I have recommended people use 

'-nosteam' and '-modfolders mods' since that is what worked for me. 

There is a convo on the workshop thread that might help as well, related to this. 

Let me know if that worked. 

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

• 4 months later...

Oh, man...
I have slightly different problem.
The whole question is:
How to add spawn regions in multiplayer server? I mean there are 3 basic game regions (Muldraugh, West Point, Rosewood) - all with different spawn points each time, i hope you know what i mean, cause I`m a bit bad at English and coding maps.
Can i add spawn region for each city included in AIZ?

Rainbow sparkling thanks.

13 hours ago, Tellurium said:

Oh, man...
I have slightly different problem.
The whole question is:
How to add spawn regions in multiplayer server? I mean there are 3 basic game regions (Muldraugh, West Point, Rosewood) - all with different spawn points each time, i hope you know what i mean, cause I`m a bit bad at English and coding maps.
Can i add spawn region for each city included in AIZ?

Rainbow sparkling thanks.

Check out the txt file in the root of the mod folder, and read the workshop description for dedicated. I PM'd you for hosting in-game