Options to change measurement labels

Demonic_Kat

I know the USA is archaic in its determination to keep the US standard but when a gamer like me sees "80kg" of weight, it means absolutely nothing to me until I convert it.

Can there be a toggle like the watch toggle (military/standard) for the time?

This will help US players check their weight and make quick judgements at a glance.

14 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

I know the USA is archaic in its determination to keep the US standard but when a gamer like me sees "80kg" of weight, it means absolutely nothing to me until I convert it.

Can there be a toggle like the watch toggle (military/standard) for the time?

This will help US players check their weight and make quick judgements at a glance.

This would help some of the younger people playing this game but i've played so many games that have have been made in Europe, or just use military time that i can convert military to standard american in an instant.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:15 AM, Queen Glory said:

This would help some of the younger people playing this game but i've played so many games that have have been made in Europe, or just use military time that i can convert military to standard american in an instant.

The time doesn't bother me. I use military time at work. I'm just saying there is a toggle to switch it. I can't convert kg to lbs in my head though. x.x

58 minutes ago, Demonic_Kat said:

The time doesn't bother me. I use military time at work. I'm just saying there is a toggle to switch it. I can't convert kg to lbs in my head though. x.x

You can simply multiply the kilograms by 2 and add 10% of the kilograms twice and you have a pretty accurate estimate of how much your character weights.

80 x 2 = 160

160 + 8 + 8 = 176

I personally use a similar "system" to quickly count how fast I drive a car in mph (speed limits) when my car is scaled in km/h.

i.e. I see a 50 mph speed limit, I add half of that and then 10% and I have my km/h

50 + (50/2) = 75

75 + 5 = 80 km/h

Where the official conversion is 50mph = 80.46720kph. I'd say that's accurate enough :)

Edited by Geras

On 2/8/2017 at 3:14 PM, Geras said:

You can simply multiply the kilograms by 2 and add 10% of the kilograms twice and you have a pretty accurate estimate of how much your character weights.

80 x 2 = 160

160 + 8 + 8 = 176

I personally use a similar "system" to quickly count how fast I drive a car in mph (speed limits) when my car is scaled in km/h.

i.e. I see a 50 mph speed limit, I add half of that and then 10% and I have my km/h

50 + (50/2) = 75

75 + 5 = 80 km/h

Where the official conversion is 50mph = 80.46720kph. I'd say that's accurate enough :)

Thanks for the mathematical tricks! I'm sure that you shouldn't be thinking so hard when you're driving though... the conversion should be right on your dash!

I still see a use in a toggle though.