Radio frequencies

Patrick H

Okay, i never really looked into the radio's or used walkietalkies in general, so i decided to actually look into them.
But all i'm getting is static sounds? It's been about 6 months since i started my world. Is that why i'm not receiving anything at all?
Or am i completely missing out on something? I did use the walkie talkies to communicate with my friend though. Which was actually pretty cool.
But i just feel as though they could do so much more with this.

Random army droppings, traps, pre-generated safe house locations, information on the next helicopter's arrival (event) and so much more. All of which i'm sure are already suggested before.

Most of the radio content occurs in the first week of game time, so yeah, you're slightly ahead at 6 months in.

I do know there's a few broadcasts that are specifically timed to happen at the six months mark, due to one of the gamemodes starting there. It's a pretty specific timeframe though, and if I recall correctly one of them occurs on the NNR station, so try tuning in there. Aside from the broadcasts you'll hear at this point, radios don't serve much purpose at the moment. Ham radios and walkie talkies are pretty useful in public servers for PMing across the map, and are pretty handy in any gamemode by cranking up the volume and using it as zed-bait.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2017/01/build-36-team-up/

RJ’S KNOB

The first thing on the menu for the first IWBUMS beta release for Build 37 is a UI feature to improve the life of chef survivors – an operational UI dial that will initially be used for alarm timers on ovens, and for microwave settings.

Small thing, yes, but also one that Turbo can use when we update the radio and walkie-talkie system to have more analogue station-tracking (handy for scanning airwaves in MP, and for plans for SP survivor radio) and also for setting some timed explosive devices.

As seen here, it looks like work on radios isn't quite over yet. Personally, I'm eager to see if we can hurl profanity at NPCs from behind the relative safety of 90s technology. It's exciting to see where they'll go next with it.

There are broadcasts on "hidden" channels, other than the 4 standard ones.  One I've never 'heard' anything on, and the others also seem to have a certain timeframe for broadcasts.  If you start a new world and tune through you'll probably find 'em, eventually.  Might take a bit of persistence hehe.  Check out the wiki.  If you don't want spoilers, I (or anyone) could post some hints of ranges to check in.

Hints > spoilers ;)

Archived