Gaia Alpha 3 "A New Beginning"

cardenaglo

7 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

What do you find to be the most tedious part?

That would be furniture placement. I hate it. Lol

5 hours ago, IndigoRebel said:

Im just making buildings. been making a building a day. It seems buildings have been dead because I rarely see people releasing anything.

Because of the way I did things I have to do like 10 buildings a day that aren't reusable. 

Progress Update:
Hello everyone! Over the last few days I've been finishing up the town area of Anabasis and right now I'm just finishing up the furnishing (still a pain in the ass). I'll be moving on to Bridgewater or Irin after, more than likely the former cause I'm lazy. 

Some of you may be wondering when I'll be doing a release and I'll tell you this; I intend on there being one soon tm and it'll have the six towns I've named so far.

m7Ye0cJ.png
The highlighted area is what be included in the next release. The thing is, the method that I'm using, to create less repetition in towns and make towns feel unique and tied together slows me down very much.  Thus I cant promise you a date. Originally I was thinking next weekend but its taken me 3-4 days just to do a small town. 

If anyone is interested in furnishing buildings please do let me know. I'd be more than happy to take people on board to help on that front. 

As always questions, comments and suggestions are always welcomed!

Playable Update:
Hello Everyone! I am pleased to announce that I am releasing an updated Anabasis along with its surrounding cells. 

VdqTQed.png

The updated version has new buildings specifically crafted for its less blocky layout.  

Currently the only POI available is the ship.

Download:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874911668

I'd like to apologize for the slow pace that I've been working on this project. I've been doing that so I don't burn myself out too quickly.  I've also gotten help from AlexHupsch, who is working on the Merill Resort Area. I am also taking in any other mappers  and builders who would want to leave a mark on the map in anyway.  Just get in contact with me on here or on steam (same name) and we can talk about what you'd like to do. 

Edited by cardenaglo

Progress Update:
I've gotten another person on steam to help with town building so maybe you'll see more rapid updates with all the help im getting. that said I'm always looking for more and im sure the other mapmakers are looking for help too. So if you're interested let me know.

Currently I'm working on a renovated Bridgewater and then will have to make my way through Hickston and Irin. Bridgwater isnt looking terrible and while one of the poorer communities the town will still have its houses and stores to loot as well as a bridge for you to setup tolls in! I've been working with some ideas for Hickston and right now it looks like the town has a major hobo problem (most spawnpoints are going to be behind trashcans with carts) and also a crazy guy propping up mannequins all over town. 

That concludes everything I've been up to.

If you've found any bugs do start a discussion on steam so that i can check it out. 

Progress Update

Hello Everyone! Im glad that everyone is enjoying the map on steam. I'll be making a non steam release in the next update. 
On to what ive been upto. Ive set up a mega account so that things can run smoother for the group helping me out. I've also laid out the plans of the order you'll likely start seeing towns not including the area im trying to finish up so that I can have a larger playable area. I'm close to finishing up bridgewater so i'm trying to push that out as soon as I can.

GnfR6t9.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I've just released a new update for the mod adding a bit more land for you to explore.  In it you will find a new town, which is the updated town of Bridgewater. There's an abandoned factory and it's titular bridge which is a spawnpoint for players. However the town is not yet done. I'm still missing two buildings and i haven't fully populated the factory to be a settlement area for the town.

moF6P6v.jpg

The main roads also now lead to the cities of Irin and Hickston, north and east respectively, but those cities are a bit off from release.  Over the next few days I will be working on the story and some planning. By planning what i mean is im going to start coloring in regions and naming stuff and also trying to see what type of POIs and cities im going to want to make. 

We're also working on a release schedule so that there's a new town every week or two. This isn't something set in stone so expect us to dance around those numbers if necessary. 

As always suggestions, comments and questions are welcomed! 

also for the nonsteam players the main topic has an alternative link to download the map at. sorry about the wait D:

Edited by cardenaglo

Progress Update

Hello everyone!

For the past couple of days I've been working on different bits of lore and some radio messages you'll hear every now and then. I've also been working on region naming but came to the realization that it's be easier just to put what towns/cities you'll be spawning in. An example would be "Anabasis; Bridgewater; Irin; Hickston". Choosing this region you'd have a chance to spawn in any one of those four towns/cities. Some regions will be 2 towns others might be 6. Some regions will be much larger than some others.

I've also started work on Hickston. There's going to be lots of shops and apartment buildings and 2-3 stories tall houses. Lots of bars and cafes and restaurants many of which will.have housing above them. It will also have a bus depot for when vehicles come this could be a potential spot to get some vehicles early on. 

That's all for now! As always questions comments and suggestions are welcome.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey! Yeah no this kinda fell off. It was highly ambitious and the small team I had sorta fell off with their own stuff. From there I lost the files and all the buildings when I lost access to my MEGA account. It was near impossible to try and restore and life happened so I wouldnt have had the time. Right now I'm working on recreating the base PZ buildings along with some other stuff out of State of Decay 2 for a much smaller map that I may share soon but for now is just a personal project.

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 4:29 AM, cardenaglo said:

Hey! Yeah no this kinda fell off. It was highly ambitious and the small team I had sorta fell off with their own stuff. From there I lost the files and all the buildings when I lost access to my MEGA account. It was near impossible to try and restore and life happened so I wouldnt have had the time. Right now I'm working on recreating the base PZ buildings along with some other stuff out of State of Decay 2 for a much smaller map that I may share soon but for now is just a personal project.

:sad: