RELEASED: Build 37.14

RobertJohnson

since someone mentioned trapping a few posts ago, would it be possible to add berries to the list of things that can be used as bait? i mean all the trappable animals in thegame eat berries in real life so it would make sense. Plus once you've harvested your crops there isnt much of a point in wasting them as bait.    

Ran into an odd bug today. While following up on 3 annotated maps I had laying around the game freezes up when I get in the area of the target house. Before I can even see it while fully zoomed out. Two out of three different target locations do this requiring I restart the game (it respawns me back a little from where game froze). Have tried several times per location with the same results. 

The third froze for about 20 seconds then allowed me to continue. What I found in the house was that the entire floor is covered with hundreds of dufflebags each containing 1-3 boxes of shotgun shells, 6-24 loose shotgun shells, and an unmodified shotgun. I'm guessing so much stuff is being added in the other houses that the game can't load it. After I managed to get into this house the game no longer freezes in that location. Might try a fresh install to see if that helps. Checking files through steam doesn't show any file errors.

Zomboid1.jpg

Edited by joe206
correction- dufflebag not hiking bag

17 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Hey,

So if i get this correctly, you had 3 differents stash map, an one of them did this? Did you by any chance still have the console.log when it happend? Or do you remember which stash map it was?

Sorry for delayed reply but it's been a long day and I just got home. As of right now neither of my saves will load. First time for that issue. I have the maps in my inventory but unless I can get it to load I'll do my best here. Crash on loading save:

\Arthur\erosion.ini
1491269187846 Loading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.lua
1491269187914 Loading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.lua
1491269187941 map_meta.bin world size (1196250189x108) does not match the current map size (25x30)
java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
    at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(Unknown Source)
    at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.load(IsoMetaGrid.java:646)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1623)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:246)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:221)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
1491269209954 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown

I'll load up a jpg showing locations where issues popped up. I had probably 12 maps but only 3, which I had on me, in West point where I lived. #1 I'm 95% sure on house. #2 and #3 I'm 100% sure. Only tried to approach location #1 a couple times because the zombies were kinda thick in the area and the reload starts were a little iffy on survival.

If I manage to load my say I'll post the actual maps but for now this is the best I can do.

Sorry, I do not have that console log. At least I couldn't find it. Game was played for a while after I got into that house. If I can get my saves to load I'm pretty certain I can recreate the freeze at the other locations.

Bugs.jpg

Edited by joe206
added info

6 hours ago, joe206 said:

Sorry, I do not have that console log. At least I couldn't find it. Game was played for a while after I got into that house. If I can get my saves to load I'm pretty certain I can recreate the freeze at the other locations.

I'm sure the console log would've been handy, but as a bug report this is grade A stuff. I'm sure it will be of use to RJ. Many thanks :)

6 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

I'm sure the console log would've been handy, but as a bug report this is grade A stuff. I'm sure it will be of use to RJ. Many thanks :)

I've been enjoying this game for a couple years and it just keeps getting better. So my thanks goes to you folks! I'm just trying to do what little I can to pitch in.

No luck getting the saves to load last night. Did a fresh install just to be sure but it's the saves that have been corrupted it seems. Just the two involved in the bug. I'll start running a more serious string of saves for these kinda of adventures..lol. Not that it bothers me to lose the character. I restart every time a major update goes up anyway just to play it out. But I'd be better prepared to investigate bugs encountered.

The maps I had were on the opposite end of town from my main fortified position so I didn't bother looking into them for quite a while. With this next character I'll pursue them quicker to see what happens. And have a better save pattern just in case. Not like I don't have the disk space.

Still have the saves if there's any part of those you'd want to see. Maybe pull the inventory to see the maps involved?

Just for consideration. Add a visual effect for when the digital watch alarm is going off. Make the time flash red or something perhaps? I'm a little hearing impaired and don't hear the upper ranges. Never have. The pitch the digital alarm uses is right on the line for my hearing. One day I can hear it but not the next.

So there I am strolling through Zomboid WestPoint attracting a crowd. Sure, I'm a conspicuous clutz but sheez.. Aha, just the alarm going off. Yeah by now I'm pretty good about keeping tabs on the alarm situation but maybe a visual aid would help others in the same boat. Just tossing the idea out there.

I know they said this build is coming out this week. One question since it is not in the logs here. Do Composters still work as an indestructible barrier?

Yes yes I know it is not realistic. On Single player,  would not do it. but there is a high incidence of logging off for the day on a server, only to log back on and find all your walls smashed in, all your ropes gone, etc, because some griefer had been shooting around your house, and you logged off safe inside walls and log on swarmed.

The relative strength of walls in this game is low. very low. metal walls are weaker than Wooden walls. Log walls are tough, and reinforcing them with 3x stacked crates on a double log wall is good in theory, but 100 zombies can knock through that in seconds(proven, tested).

Zeds ripping down ropes even when you are not around has lead to living on 2nd floors being much more difficult if a horde lure happens when you are not home. You literally need to stop and build stairs to get back in, drop ropes again, and destroy stairs before they follow you in.

On 4/3/2017 at 6:15 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Hey,

So if i get this correctly, you had 3 differents stash map, an one of them did this? Did you by any chance still have the console.log when it happend? Or do you remember which stash map it was?

With my new character I found a stash map to the same house where the bug popped up. So I fought my way over to check it out. This time it seemed to work fine. Only a dozen or so bags scattered through the house. I only had the one map on me this time so I don't know if having multiple maps leading to the same general area contributed to the bug or not. I'll gather up a few stash maps and test that out when possible.

1 hour ago, joe206 said:

With my new character I found a stash map to the same house where the bug popped up. So I fought my way over to check it out. This time it seemed to work fine. Only a dozen or so bags scattered through the house.

A dozen of dufflebags with shotguns and ammo instead of hundreds? This seems to be a dufflebag generating bug. I would not expect to find more than two if it works fine.

3 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

A dozen of dufflebags with shotguns and ammo instead of hundreds? This seems to be a dufflebag generating bug. I would not expect to find more than two if it works fine.

Perhaps you're right. This was my second visit to a stash location so I can only base my experiences on these two results. It did seem a little excessive but I know a (mild)  prepper type and that amount of ammo doesn't stack up to his honestly. So I didn't see it as beyond anything realistic in the second attempt. Can't say I got more ammo than a trip to the Westpoint gun store might rack up. Would help if I knew what they had in mind as far as what a stash should be but I don't.

Edited by joe206
clarity?

2 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

@Batsphinx @RobertJohnson

I've noticed zombies only have Muldraugh maps.
In addition, at gas stations the ratio of spawn of Rosewood and March Ridge maps is lower than Muldraugh and West Point.

Why?

Please fix this :wacko:

I've gotten Westpoint maps from zombies but they do seem less frequent than others.

21 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Are you sure?

I mean normal maps, not annotated maps

In Distributions.lua file only appears the map of Muldraugh...

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Well, that explains my map issues in West Point.  No civic pride!

On ‎2‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 10:14 PM, joe206 said:

Ran into an odd bug today. While following up on 3 annotated maps I had laying around the game freezes up when I get in the area of the target house. Before I can even see it while fully zoomed out. Two out of three different target locations do this requiring I restart the game (it respawns me back a little from where game froze). Have tried several times per location with the same results. 

The third froze for about 20 seconds then allowed me to continue. What I found in the house was that the entire floor is covered with hundreds of dufflebags each containing 1-3 boxes of shotgun shells, 6-24 loose shotgun shells, and an unmodified shotgun. I'm guessing so much stuff is being added in the other houses that the game can't load it. After I managed to get into this house the game no longer freezes in that location. Might try a fresh install to see if that helps. Checking files through steam doesn't show any file errors.

Zomboid1.jpg

Holy mother of god... JACKPOT!@#$

Build IWBUMS 37.6:

• [New]
  • Updated MacOS & Linux JRE to the 8u121.
  • Added new stash map for offices, restaurants, warehouses...
  • You can now rename map item.
  • Now all maps can spawn on zombies, not only Muldraugh's map.

[Bug Fix]

• Possible fix for multiplying rain collector on the ground when raining.
  • Fixed nullpointer when testing vision of a non-existent item.
  • Fixed players sleep mode logic. Player see "sleep clock", if he sleep. Each player wake up independently of other players. Each players can wake up if he press move keys.
  • Added missing sync between players: curtains, LightSwitchs, Windows, AlarmClocks.
  • Player can now select the inactive option (Sleep) from the joystick.
  • The joypad has no control on join server page.
  • Fixed coffee appearing 2 times in hot beverage recipe (Base.Coffee is now obsolete).
  • Hot beverage now give thirst reduction.
  • Fixed renaming something always put game speed at 1.
  • Context menu "Barricade (Sheet Metal)" changed into Barricade (Metal Sheet).
  • Your character will no longer auto drink from tainted water items.
  • Fixed game freeze with alarm clock and -nosound option.                                                                                                                                                             

3 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 37.6:

• [New]
  • Updated MacOS & Linux JRE to the 8u121.
  • Added new stash map for offices, restaurants, warehouses...
  • You can now rename map item.
  • Now all maps can spawn on zombies, not only Muldraugh's map. 

[Bug Fix]

• Possible fix for multiplying rain collector on the ground when raining.
  • Fixed nullpointer when testing vision of a non-existent item.
  • Fixed players sleep mode logic. Player see "sleep clock", if he sleep. Each player wake up independently of other players. Each players can wake up if he press move keys.
  • Added missing sync between players: curtains, LightSwitchs, Windows, AlarmClocks.
  • Player can now select the inactive option (Sleep) from the joystick.
  • The joypad has no control on join server page.
  • Fixed coffee appearing 2 times in hot beverage recipe (Base.Coffee is now obsolete).
  • Hot beverage now give thirst reduction.
  • Fixed renaming something always put game speed at 1.
  • Context menu "Barricade (Sheet Metal)" changed into Barricade (Metal Sheet).
  • Your character will no longer auto drink from tainted water items.
  • Fixed game freeze with alarm clock and -nosound option.                                                                                                                                                             

Nice!

@RobertJohnson

The new Foraging UI needs to be improved.
Right now it is too tedious to always choose what we want to look for, there should be a previous option for choose, and when we want to change we give it back to that option.

Why has the MP sleep system been put into SP?
I mean, what sense do the clocks have now if, when we move, the character wakes up manually?