RELEASED: Build 37.14

RobertJohnson

12 minutes ago, brick124 said:

Yeah, it seems like everything aside from doors reset when a cell is reloaded, and each player's perceptions don't affect one anothers.  Not sure if this is happening in all servers, but it has been in every one I've been in.  A tiny bit annoying if you have a gigantic base with many windows and/or lights, it will be a relief on my obese character not having to run around the house each morning turning off all the lights and closing all the curtains. :D  Seriously though, I'm starting to worry for his health.  And I agree, thank you for the great game, although Bricky Brickerson doesn't.

How far are you and @ColeSlawesome from the servers you're connecting to?

Just curious as that stuff should be being communicated from the server, but maybe lag or packet loss is causing it to drop.

3 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

How far are you and @ColeSlawesome from the servers you're connecting to?

Just curious as that stuff should be being communicated from the server, but maybe lag or packet loss is causing it to drop.

I forgot to mention this also happens on co-op servers that I'm hosting, which is pretty puzzling.  I've tested it with relatively nearby friends on lag free servers (aside from the occasional lag spike which has never affected this before), so I don't know if lag is the cause.  These are the same servers I've been playing on for a while, and the problem has only surfaced now.  I have no idea how any of this works so it could still be minor lag maybe?  But it's never happened before and I don't think anything has changed aside from the recent updates, so I'm just pretty confused on why it's just happening now to a few different people.

On 07.02.2017 at 8:22 PM, billwa said:

Nice job devs 

On being lazy fucks.

it's rude but let's look at this without pink glasses - game indeed becoming super boring without updates. just imagine raw game without hydrocraft and other mods? imo devs should focus on MP content more than on SP. we saw working animations long time ago - add something what already works to the game! or do a separate IWBUMS branch for animation tests people should see what's going on with anims! those short vids animations in 3d redactor is not enough

Edited by кот

7 minutes ago, кот said:

it's rude but let's look at this without pink glasses - game indeed becoming super boring without updates. just imagine raw game without hydrocraft and other mods? imo devs should focus on MP content more than on SP. we saw working animations long time ago - add something what already works to the game! or do a separate IWBUMS branch for animation tests people should see what's going on with anims! those short vids animations in 3d redactor is not enough

You forget that multiplayer is just supposed to be singleplayer but with other people, It's going to share most of the same features so you cant really work on one without working on the other. It's also been stated that animations are coming to singleplayer first for testing.

8 minutes ago, кот said:

The last couple of mondoids have given us lots of information about what the TIS are doing and why. 

Just now, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

You forget that multiplayer is just supposed to be singleplayer but with other people, It's going to share most of the same features so you cant really work on one without working on the other. It's also been stated that animations are coming to singleplayer first for testing.

yeah your forgot some things too - multiplayer is chaotic place where single player rules doesn't work and im not saying about such Doom's day tool as sledgehammer

P.s. im just rly tired of leaving and getting back into pz over and over again

Edited by кот

19 minutes ago, кот said:

yeah your forgot some things too - multiplayer is chaotic place where single player rules doesn't work and im not saying about such Doom's day tool as sledgehammer

Oh, man, you kidding me! You stole my AVATAR, thief!

Edited by VikiDikiRUS

30 minutes ago, кот said:

All games get boring eventually -- PZ is no exception, particularly with the number of hours you put into it. :|

13 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

All games get boring eventually -- PZ is no exception, particularly with the number of hours you put into it. :|

After about 1500 hours put into PZ (not all is logged on Steam), I'm not bored yet, and neither I'm playing the game now, but waiting for some big content update to start killing zombies again.

1 hour ago, Geras said:

After about 1500 hours put into PZ (not all is logged on Steam), I'm not bored yet, and neither I'm playing the game now, but waiting for some big content update to start killing zombies again.

I took a break for a good few months, without causing drama. Simply because 400 hours and doing literally everything only has a certain amount of time until it gets tedious. Forgetting completely about PZ really brought the charm back when I came back to it and since maps, watches, the new oven dials, new locations and some other small things were added I got back into it. Really just waiting for the animations now.

Anyway, I think the thread's gone off-topic. :P

5 hours ago, кот said:

imo devs should focus on MP content more than on SP. 

No, just no.

5 hours ago, кот said:

we saw working animations long time ago - add something what already works to the game! or do a separate IWBUMS branch for animation tests people should see what's going on with anims! those short vids animations in 3d redactor is not enough

SP animations were finished and ready to test per say but they wanted the MP side to get the animations too, so they worked in the MP side of the animations and now they are going back to work on the SP animation side to get some new IWBUMS.

Back on topic, what does happiness do to benefit the player? Other than counter sadness (that almost dosent harm the player itself)

2 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Back on topic, what does happiness do to benefit the player? Other than counter sadness (that almost dosent harm the player itself)

IMO unhappiness is likely better suited for future NPCs more than the player with the current system. Keeping people happy keeps them from shooting you in the back, or running off whenever you're surrounded, or shooting their head off in the bathroom at 2AM because they ate some cold beans or whatever else. I suppose it's incentive to use stuff like books and radios and cooking food, because otherwise the player is less likely to use it and just fast-forward through the game.

Personally, I'd like to have deeper consequences for letting boredom/anxiety/depression go down the shitter. Rather than slow actions, add a chance to misfire when aiming a gun whenever you're anxious and really on the edge, Accidentally drop some items when frantically looting, with deadheads at every window trying to get in. Etc etc etc.

I actually think they're sort of on track for this, since apparently being panicked is going to make tripping over fences and all that more likely? I don't know if they've got deeper plans for it, but I think it's important more severe, direct consequences on the player are implemented for ignoring unhappiness. Perhaps if players could see the affects of neglecting their needs, they'd be more apt to pay it mind. Currently? Not a lot is there to keep someone from stockpiling a bunch of food in BFE and hitting F6 until they decide to go on another looting run or water their plants.

I can confirm the Lights/Curtains bug in Multiplayer. Happened to us twice yesterday (in 2 different sessions of 2 different people hosting 2 different servers). No connection issues/packet loss were spotted whatsoever. Imagine our surprise when we all went on a looting mission yesterday and came back in our base to find lights and curtains open :P

id like to throw in that personally i find multiplayer to be completely garbage, mainly due to pretty much every server using hydrocraft and other mods and due to admins aswell as a large chunk of players being ****** so please devs dont ever even think about focusing too much on mp and keep this a mainly singeplayer game

3 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

id like to throw in that personally i find multiplayer to be completely garbage, mainly due to pretty much every server using hydrocraft and other mods and due to admins aswell as a large chunk of players being ****** so please devs dont ever even think about focusing too much on mp and keep this a mainly singeplayer game

Dislike.

My main issue with this game is the sprites havent been updated for years.

It does show a bit of lazyness that the Crowbar has been using the baseball bat sprite for years now.

Little things like that bother me.

Yet they shove in more bs to make the game more time consuming and tedious to play, like the inclusion of multistage building.

I have a job and a life, now to build something in game it takes twice as long....

And they add that stuff, but they cant update the crowbar sprite....

Little things like that kill my respect yaknow...

Edited by IndigoRebel

1 hour ago, zoeyflower said:

The game has a very severally limited SP play time.  The game has been granted a large stay of execution by MP, mods and admins. 

3 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

There's very little stuff that can be added to the game that isn't viable in both SP and MP, making it rather difficult to focus on one to the exception of the other, outside of adding tools for admins. Perhaps one day MP will even simply be SP rather than being a separate game mode, giving SP players the same tools (optionally) as MP.

1 hour ago, Paul Redeker said:

The game has a very severally limited SP play time.  The game has been granted a large stay of execution by MP, mods and admins. 

No, only 1/6 of players playing the game at any time are in MP.

The only mod that's seen widespread adaption is Hydrocraft, making up about 1/8 players (though most of this is driven by MP play over the past three years since vanilla servers are non-existant).

Most players only play the game for about 20 - 40 hours then move on. Those of us that spend hundreds or thousands in MP or SP are effectively the 1%ers of the community. It has a high turn-over.

16 hours ago, IndigoRebel said:

My main issue with this game is the sprites havent been updated for years.

It does show a bit of lazyness that the Crowbar has been using the baseball bat sprite for years now.

Little things like that bother me.

Yet they shove in more bs to make the game more time consuming and tedious to play, like the inclusion of multistage building.

I have a job and a life, now to build something in game it takes twice as long....

And they add that stuff, but they cant update the crowbar sprite....

Little things like that kill my respect yaknow...

Missing weapon models will be added in Animation overhaul update.

1 hour ago, IndigoRebel said:

Yea I know that.

But thats no excuse for not updating a simple sprite for about 5 years. And that should say alot about the development of this game.

Have you not seen just how janky the sledgehammer animation is? Why fix that system when it's being replaced?

That also hasn't been there for five years. The sledgehammer didn't even have an actual sprite back when the game was released. Even then, few other items have unique sprites, why should the crowbar?