RELEASED: Build 37.14

RobertJohnson

Dear. Perfectly I understand and I appreciate your efforts on development of a game. However, it does not seem to you that with the admission of everyone before modifications, it loses the color.... As I understand, desire of developers was to make the standing project, the closest to reality.... and school students dirtied everything that is possible and it is impossible.... On a multiplayer there is nothing to do..... thousands of dull homemade products. Bring order. Yours faithfully. Forgive for machine translation.

Allow to explain. Today, wanted to relax in a multiplayer, and you know what gives out? Put darling of 30 more spendthrifts differently in any way.... Well and why such happiness? To clean them then, the benefit 99prts to put it mildly. It

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 0:18 AM, RobertJohnson said:

They won't be attackable by zombies.

TV/BBQ/Compost at least as they are different classes, but i'll make them hoppable so they won't block zombies.

As for roadblocks, what you mean exactly?

Just curious, why will they not be made attackable? If they are hoppable-only does that not mean that a compost bin with an adjacent wall is an insurmountable obstacle to zombies? Still seeing these compost forts around so it appears this still blocks them...

17 hours ago, critical jim said:

@RobertJohnson can magazine racks be made movable? and how are the visual contents of the glass display counters decided? default appears to be jewellery, but I would love it to be weapons

edit: and ty for the deer heads

Moveable are for @turbotutone :)

As for glass display yeah, they're only used as jewelry in the game... I'll see if Mash want to do more so i can detect type of items in it and display correctly

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

As for glass display yeah, they're only used as jewelry in the game... I'll see if Mash want to do more so i can detect type of items in it and display correctly

MULTIPLE DISPLAYS FOR FILL WOULD BE AMAZING

I have a "bread basket" full of worms, a "bookshelf" full of guns, a "tool shelf" full of food... guns/food/book/odds and ends differentiation would be fantastic.

3 hours ago, trombonaught said:

MULTIPLE DISPLAYS FOR FILL WOULD BE AMAZING

I have a "bread basket" full of worms, a "bookshelf" full of guns, a "tool shelf" full of food... guns/food/book/odds and ends differentiation would be fantastic.

This sounds way better than my idea lol... I'm hoping for now mash can implement a lil code for existing graphics, but if it gets sorted this could def be something later on down the line - maybe even modders could do the legwork once the system is in place.

7 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

My bad, fingers crossed for turbo then, and all due credit for one of my favorite new features.

The graphics exist for "weapons" displays, in the gun shop and shooting range. I would be perfectly fine with maybe those displays being a different tile altogether,  but as I said above - could open up a ton of new windows for customisation. Metal shelves with paint cans, a bookcase filled with electronics components.. and maybe a bread basket filled with worms @trombonaught.. after literally everything else hahaha

@turbotutone since we're on the subject, the cherry-finish looking desk, along with the larger versions, would be a lovely movable 

Edited by critical jim

Is there some rule that governs antique oven placement?  If I place it in the middle of the room, it works, but if I stick it up against a wall (ideally to vent to the outside, right?) or even up against an open window, it doesn't act like an oven.

screenshot_18-03-2017_13-08-44.png.9662a8f60f50c1eb6eebd59a30ceb856.png

55 minutes ago, steiger said:

Is there some rule that governs antique oven placement?  If I place it in the middle of the room, it works, but if I stick it up against a wall (ideally to vent to the outside, right?) or even up against an open window, it doesn't act like an oven.

screenshot_18-03-2017_13-08-44.png.9662a8f60f50c1eb6eebd59a30ceb856.png

I currently have one in that same position but it works fine. Someone is going to ask you... are you running with any mods?

5 hours ago, trombonaught said:

I currently have one in that same position but it works fine. Someone is going to ask you... are you running with any mods?

No mods.  Pick yours up and place it again?  I know when antique ovens got broken a few releases back, mine worked fine where it was until I picked it up and placed it again.  Just not sure if this is a feature or a bug, since it _will_ work in the middle of the room, just not up against any of the walls I've tried so far.

NEVERMIND -- I was unaccountably not holding something burnable when testing against the wall, but was when testing in the middle of the room.  I find it hard to believe too, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Edited by steiger
I'm a fool.

IWBUMS 37.4

[NEWS]

• Added a "Make Small Metal Sheet" recipe, done from a metal sheet + blowtorch/welding mask, gives 3 small metal sheets.
  • Added new server option "HoursForWorldItemRemoval": Number of hours it takes for items left loose on the ground (not in containers) to disappear. Intended to prevent item build-up putting unnecessary strain on servers.
  • Added a new Forage UI, when foraging it'll let you choose what you're looking for (mushrooms, berries, plants, animals, materials...). Also intended to prevent item build-up putting unnecessary strain on servers.
  • Added Portuguese Brazilian community translation by HiveFuse.

[BALANCE]

• Lowered the floor creak sound volume.
  • Improved the loot distributions for the annotated map.
  • Crafting a metal roof now require 1 use of the blowtorch.

[BUG FIX]

• Fixed 64 bits version non working when loading a 37.2 to 37.3 version.
  • Fixed floor creak sound playing on containers other than floorboards.
  • Fixed some fish having wrong weight value calcul (pikes too heavy, etc..).
  • Fixed thunder being heard by deaf characters.
  • Fixed a crash caused by a zombie night event during player sleep.
  • Added code check to avoid doing fall damage when running down stairs on laggy servers. Death by stairs averted.
  • Fixed having bleach in inventory stopping you from eating evolved recipes with more than 3 ingredients.
  • Fixed a crash due to burning IsoCompost item.
  • Fixed blowtorch being removed if it is emptied.
  • Fixed "e" context key not working to climb down a sheet rope.
  • Fixed server crashes when removing a non-pvp zone.
  • Fixed a bug in the calculation of reanimate time making every reanimation to zombie almost instant.
  • Remove bush is now possible with a stone axe.
  • Fixed metal door fences blocking the vision.
  • Fixed vision not updating when barricading player made construction.
  • Now walking to the ashes when doing "clear ashes" action.
  • Fixed a wrong calculation of the non pvp zone size when creating it.
  • Fixed wrong properties on Lettuce.
  • Fixed clicking "Details" on the main screen opening up multiple UIs multiple times.
  • Fixed duplicating factions.
  • Remove plants + erosion data when placing floor
  • Server options for radio tranmission staff members/invis players
  • Some tiledef fixes
  • Fixed oven and microwave can not be controlled from joypad
  • Fixed do not stop alarm if alarm clock on the ground. Player can not activate alarm clock from joypad.
  • Fixed 'Buffs/Debuffs in 4p overlap each other'

54 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

IWBUMS 37.4

[NEWS]

• Added new server option "HoursForWorldItemRemoval": Number of hours it takes for items left loose on the ground (not in containers) to disappear. Intended to

Wow i like this futction, but there any plan to add SP support?

edit: compost box will still not be attacked by zombies!

Edited by Sky_Orc_Mm

@RobertJohnson I see that two of my latest issues also made to the build at the last time, just weren't mentioned in the changelog :) That's nice and thanks for fixing it so soon ^^

EDIT: Oh, and currently the game Details window still shows only the old patch log for 37.3, lacking the newest additions listed in this thread for 37.4 - not sure if it's intended or not

Edited by Faalagorn

@RobertJohnson First of all ı want to apologize for my bad english , but ı wanted to ask some question. My PZ is still on 36.4 so there is any problem with me or is 37.4 not released yet ?  And how could ı play the ıwbums versions ? 

*I found the way btw :-D

Edited by GaramoLLa

On 3/22/2017 at 6:53 AM, RobertJohnson said:

• Added new server option "HoursForWorldItemRemoval": Number of hours it takes for items left loose on the ground (not in containers) to disappear. Intended to prevent item build-up putting unnecessary strain on servers.

When you see you actually have to make containers for stuff instead of throwing it on the floor.

*Autistic screething ensues* REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aw man i wont be able to throw my stuff all around the floor anymore, actually having to make containers! We hate this, he said, this sucks, he said!

11 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

When you see you actually have to make containers for stuff instead of throwing it on the floor.

Aw man i wont be able to throw my stuff all around the floor anymore, actually having to make containers! We hate this, he said, this sucks, he said!

You're not forced to use it on your server, it's more an option for bigger server :)

14 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

If we are ever on the same server I will come and MAKE you a container, if it means I no longer have to play Garbage Patrol :P