RELEASED: Build 37.14

RobertJohnson

Donald Trump presidency made me feel like 2 years have passed XD

The whole game is janky, we have only been convinced that the new animations look so great because we have been deprived of anything above janky.

Crowbar was an example Im not going to blow smoke up the devs a%% for a cowby hat sprite. its something that should have been available already.. And as they continue on the update, the playerbase continues to be deprived of Cowboy hats.

Edited by IndigoRebel

I'd love to see a sprite animation tool added to TileZed. I think having animated sprites, would make the game feel less static than is does now. 

I'd also like to see an event manager at some point so this way mappers could setup single player campaigns or perhaps just something to create a story driven mission. As of now the only way to do that would be LUA scripts and a crap load of coding.

Which is quite a bit of work when you think about the environment mapping, building creation, custom textures(formatting) and more. 

To all lil pussies that's screaming "they do it wrong, game never be released, they just promised etc."

Dont play this game till desired feature will be add. I didn't play since the animation be promised. 

Some times ago I backed a Dead linger.

Those developers are real scumbags, they lied, they disappeared and do a lot disgusting things(maybe some of you backed this project like me)

Just give time to indie stone, they really deserve it, they make a best zombie survival game. Don't be scum, guys.

Oh, and I forgot-thank you devs:)

Edited by B33ware
Forgot to add some kind words for devs

8 hours ago, B33ware said:

To all lil pussies that's screaming "they do it wrong, game never be released, they just promised etc."

Dont play this game till desired feature will be add. I didn't play since the animation be promised. 

Some times ago I backed a Dead linger.

Those developers are real scumbags, they lied, they disappeared and do a lot disgusting things(maybe some of you backed this project like me)

Just give time to indie stone, they really deserve it, they make a best zombie survival game. Don't be scum, guys.

Oh, and I forgot-thank you devs:)

yeah i was excited for the dead linger and pretty disappointed when they ended and just disappeared like that but i guess thats the harsher side of early access backing

13 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

yeah i was excited for the dead linger and pretty disappointed when they ended and just disappeared like that but i guess thats the harsher side of early access backing

No, it's not early access problem in case of dead linger, they just shut down work on dead linger and start doing their next game on our money for dead linger.

20 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

I also backed the game, and it was not cheap just to get a broken game and they running off. As someone who does not have their own job ect this was a lot of money for me back in the day when i backed it

On 2/18/2017 at 3:48 PM, IndigoRebel said:

Something something new sprites now

So your counter suggestion is for them to waste time to create a sprite that they have already made a replacement for, wasting even further time?

How you think that's supposed to "say a lot about the developers" doesn't really mean a lot when the other option you imply is indefinitely worse.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

On 2/17/2017 at 2:18 PM, Butter Bot said:

Those of us that spend hundreds or thousands in MP or SP are effectively the 1%ers of the community.

THE 1% HAVE SPOKEN. ALL IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

@IndigoRebel , CEASE YOUR NAYSAYING. THE NEW PLAYER ANIMATIONS ARE COMING.

WITH IT, ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL.

1%.jpg

Edited by Zombadger
People shooting first and asking questions later.

14 hours ago, Zombadger said:

THE 1% HAVE SPOKEN. ALL IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

@IndigoRebel , CEASE YOUR NAYSAYING. THE NEW PLAYER ANIMATIONS ARE COMING.

WITH IT, ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL.

1%.jpg

Well this isn't childish whatsoever. 

For the second time,

Making. More. Sprites. Wastes. More. Time.

If your complaint is that they are wasting time, the solution shouldn't be to waste even more of it. Development of this game is slow. You don't need to remind anyone of that. There is 20 dollars worth of game here as - is. And if you don't think so, good news - they didn't advertise stuff that hasn't been implemented already on the store page, they don't include "fake" features in the trailer to arouse purchase. And the disclaimers are there as well.

The people whining about development are those that bought the game already and if it hasn't been said enough times, this is the exact reason why they don't talk about NPCs anymore. Every time a video is released, you think it's coming out tomorrow.

Nobody is faulting the community for being hyped for announced features, but at what point do you take responsibility for blowing it out of proportion.

Good job cutting out the rest of his quote so it looks like butter bot is just gloating. I have my own issues a mile and a half long with the staff for this game but you are just asking for it.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I respect the game enough to join a forum. Hack it at making my own map, and voice my opinion.

But im not speaking from a "bwaaaah I want hats" place

I am 100% positive just even a hat feature would have had an effect on the sales better than any of their minor updates lately. Have you ever seen how apeshit people would go for a new hat sprite in Runescape. Even if it was compulsive buyers who only put 5 minutes into the games, its still money for the game.

So i feel they wasted their time.

And Un youre right

We dont know how long they can work on this project before theyre burnt.

And I notice that there are these simple map tools and mod tools in place just in case the devs did cease development so that the game could still try to thrive through the community alone.

The U.S. president is Trump right now.... anything can happen.

8 minutes ago, IndigoRebel said:

I respect the game enough to join a forum. Hack it at making my own map, and voice my opinion.

But im not speaking from a "bwaaaah I want hats" place

I am 100% positive just even a hat feature would have had an effect on the sales better than any of their minor updates lately. Have you ever seen how apeshit people would go for a new hat sprite in Runescape. Even if it was compulsive buyers who only put 5 minutes into the games, its still money for the game.

So i feel they wasted their time.

And Un youre right

We dont know how long they can work on this project before theyre burnt.

And I notice that there are these simple map tools and mod tools in place just in case the devs did cease development so that the game could still try to thrive through the community alone.

The U.S. president is Trump right now.... anything can happen.

I would go pretty "apeshit " at being able to choose a hat

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Well this isn't childish whatsoever. 

For the second time,

Making. More. Sprites. Wastes. More. Time.

If your complaint is that they are wasting time, the solution shouldn't be to waste even more of it. Development of this game is slow. You don't need to remind anyone of that. There is 20 dollars worth of game here as - is. And if you don't think so, good news - they didn't advertise stuff that hasn't been implemented already on the store page, they don't include "fake" features in the trailer to arouse purchase. And the disclaimers are there as well.

The people whining about development are those that bought the game already and if it hasn't been said enough times, this is the exact reason why they don't talk about NPCs anymore. Every time a video is released, you think it's coming out tomorrow.

Nobody is faulting the community for being hyped for announced features, but at what point do you take responsibility for blowing it out of proportion.

Good job cutting out the rest of his quote so it looks like butter bot is just gloating. I have my own issues a mile and a half long with the staff for this game but you are just asking for it.

You misinterpret me.

No complaints here.

Let me explain my art.

As a player with over a thousand hours logged in, I consider myself part of the 1%. Poor butterbot there is just a puppet to the whims of the way things are (More of a Jesus allegory than anything you mentioned.) while Indigo is below, burning up and clutching at their face over things that wont be changed.

Eat a snickers bar, Kim.

You paint me in the worst possible light, projecting your anger onto a loyal, faithful follower of quite possibly the best game ever made.

You fat, dummy Korean dictator. >:{ Okay, now I AM mad. Imma go make art that expresses my anger in a constructive and possibly positive way.

3 hours ago, Zombadger said:

You misinterpret me.

No complaints here.

Let me explain my art.

As a player with over a thousand hours logged in, I consider myself part of the 1%. Poor butterbot there is just a puppet to the whims of the way things are (More of a Jesus allegory than anything you mentioned.) while Indigo is below, burning up and clutching at their face over things that wont be changed.

Eat a snickers bar, Kim.

You paint me in the worst possible light, projecting your anger onto a loyal, faithful follower of quite possibly the best game ever made.

You fat, dummy Korean dictator. >:{ Okay, now I AM mad. Imma go make art that expresses my anger in a constructive and possibly positive way.

Butter Bot is entitled to his own opinions, but what else do you expect - he works for the place, of course he can't slander the developers. You shouldn't mock him for doing what is expected of somebody who is paid by them to a job he more or less did.

It's a much smaller team than people realize which is what I'm also trying to get across. Just let these people work on their game. I wish people would stop squandering the potential of it because everything happens at a snail's pace. Stuff like metalworking and traps/foraging took forever to get here, but they still did. The new map was being talked about and at the midpoint of zomboids that featured it also had people saying it was all talk with no end product. I had fun with the game before then, and it got better after... and if everyone doesn't have the same opinion that's totally cool and expected, but this is something that is never going to change unless they go on a hiring spree with funds they may not have.

My whole rant back there wasn't totally dedicated to you, but the implications with your art are there entirely.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Little bit confused as to what I'm supposed to be slandering, acting as a puppet for, or what reason I'm being crucified, though.

The founders not releasing a few things incrementally and instead aiming to get a feature all out at once is of course a frustrating, but that doesn't make it an objectively bad approach. It just means that doing things in little baby steps (New crowbar animation! Now with three hats!) ain't going to happen. If that means some people get bored or decide that obviously means they'll never be released then, well, that's unfortunate, but it was a conscious choice that was made, complete with its own unique consequences. I'd just argue having such simple updates wouldn't stem the hate or people's boredom, anyway, as evidenced by how routinely the other devs "small stuff" is trashed.

It's TIS's game. They'll develop it however they like.

@Kim Jong Un My implications were explained. If the artist telling you literally what he was thinking as he made the art doesn't change your perspective on it, then I am at a loss.

But I'll try one more time.

The only complaint I have is that people complain about this wonderful game. And that you assumed very, very wrongly that I numbered among that howling pack of yahoos.

Hey @Butter Bot

Sorry if the imagery squicked you mate. It probably doesn't help, but it could have just as easy been Enigma or any of the other kind folks who have to listen to people ask for hats and crowbar animations. I see you people sacrificing your time and effort in a very thankless job. No slandering, no crucifixion but an inability to give said howling pack of yahoos their crowbars. Hands being tied.

Was it the skull and pentagrams? I feel like I triggered some folks. And certainly not for the reasons (a cheap laugh aimed at the bored, impatient masses) I was shooting for.

Just in case, I'll conceal the whole deal lest it start getting around that I think TIS are a bunch of satanists. (Lovely people that they are.)

3 hours ago, Zombadger said:

@Kim Jong Un My implications were explained. If the artist telling you literally what he was thinking as he made the art doesn't change your perspective on it, then I am at a loss.

But I'll try one more time.

The only complaint I have is that people complain about this wonderful game. And that you assumed very, very wrongly that I numbered among that howling pack of yahoos.

Hey @Butter Bot

Sorry if the imagery squicked you mate. It probably doesn't help, but it could have just as easy been Enigma or any of the other kind folks who have to listen to people ask for hats and crowbar animations. I see you people sacrificing your time and effort in a very thankless job. No slandering, no crucifixion but an inability to give said howling pack of yahoos their crowbars. Hands being tied.

Was it the skull and pentagrams? I feel like I triggered some folks. And certainly not for the reasons (a cheap laugh aimed at the bored, impatient masses) I was shooting for.

Just in case, I'll conceal the whole deal lest it start getting around that I think TIS are a bunch of satanists. (Lovely people that they are.)

No, with no context whatsoever it definitely looked like he was being puppeted by the developer demons. If I'm being honest, your explanation is a far stretch from the initial implications. Perhaps you forget, but you added this to it:

"THE 1% HAVE SPOKEN. ALL IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

IndigoRebel, CEASE YOUR NAYSAYING. THE NEW PLAYER ANIMATIONS ARE COMING.

WITH IT, ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL." [In response to a quote from BB]

This, combined with the puppet imagery, would tend to imply that the account is just repeating what it is told to repeat and holds no ounce of truth or meaning behind it. How you expect that to convey positive connotations (or somehow make him a martyr) is beyond me, but hey, what do I know? 

I don't really have to explain that simply stating something has a different meaning because you are the artist doesn't take away from what everyone interprets, especially since you clearly gave it negative connotations. It was definitely a jab at Butter Bot. I'd say "choose your words more carefully next time", but unfortunately I don't have much of a reason to believe your "telling you how it really is" description, and frankly I don't need one since you realize how thin-ice doing such a thing would be.

Regardless, there's no need to go further with this one. What's done is done.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

9 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

No, with no context whatsoever it definitely looked like he was being puppeted by the developer demons. If I'm being honest, your explanation is a far stretch from the initial implications. Perhaps you forget, but you added this to it:

"THE 1% HAVE SPOKEN. ALL IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

IndigoRebel, CEASE YOUR NAYSAYING. THE NEW PLAYER ANIMATIONS ARE COMING.

WITH IT, ALL SHALL BE WELL AND ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL." [In response to a quote from BB]

This, combined with the puppet imagery, would tend to imply that the account is just repeating what it is told to repeat and holds no ounce of truth or meaning behind it. How you expect that to convey positive connotations (or somehow make him a martyr) is beyond me, but hey, what do I know? 

I don't really have to explain that simply stating something has a different meaning because you are the artist doesn't take away from what everyone interprets, especially since you clearly gave it negative connotations. It was definitely a jab at Butter Bot. I'd say "choose your words more carefully next time", but unfortunately I don't have much of a reason to believe your "telling you how it really is" description, and frankly I don't need one since you realize how thin-ice doing such a thing would be.

Regardless, there's no need to go further with this one. What's done is done.

When it comes to defending my personal character, there is always need to go further.

You got me all wrong, Kim. And that statement isn't something that can be argued, because it is hard fact.

If you want to work this out further (I certainly don't, but you seem to like writing novels so I am willing to indulge you.), take it to private message.

Good day, you virtue signaling troll.

keep-calm-and-admit-you-re-wrong-6.png

Edited by Zombadger
Cooler heads prevailing.