RELEASED: Build 37.14

RobertJohnson

I start in West Point, and over the course of multiple games, I've found a dozen or so Muldraugh maps, some annotated, but not one map of West Point or anywhere else.

Also, can you disassemble walls or wall frames you've built?  You can disassemble built fences, I assumed you could do it with walls just as easily, but I'm having no luck, though I have a saw, screwdriver, and hammer.

I can see problems with servers using mods like Hydrocraft and the new items on ground removal feature.

Would it be possible of you to add something to keep certain items from going poof? (There was a clear/clean floor mod on steam that let you choose what items would be able to go away that were on the ground.)

This feature is really useful for on servers since people like to dump items all over the place. But certain items could be forgotten than lost T_T.

Or if they spent an hour chopping trees/sawing logs than had to go for some reason if they came back later it could all be gone making them sad.

Hydro uses so many items and several have a recipe that increases their weight so people can't run away with them. Also others such as potted/planters of plants for its farming are sometimes left out to look nice.

Edited by wsensor

A bug I've noticed for a long time, but just remembered to report:

If you make a salad (probably works for stir-fry and other cooking projects too), and eat half of it, then add another ingredient, the salad will add the hunger reduction of the new ingredient to the original salad total -- so you can exploit for a pretty substantial endless salad bar.

1 hour ago, steiger said:

A bug I've noticed for a long time, but just remembered to report:

If you make a salad (probably works for stir-fry and other cooking projects too), and eat half of it, then add another ingredient, the salad will add the hunger reduction of the new ingredient to the original salad total -- so you can exploit for a pretty substantial endless salad bar.

Good found! I never tested it, but if it works like that, you should probably report that in issue tracker :)

Build IWBUMS 37.5:

[Bug Fix]
Fixed If one player is wake up in MP. Other players see screen flicker black quickly.
Fixed player opening dialog window on joypad, and close on mouse will mistake the joypad focus.
Fixed if joypad contain space character in the name - The game won't save it
Fixed The players do not wake up without the alarm clock in MP.
Fixed if players wake up in MP - the second player sees black screen.
Fixed eat sounds repeated very quickly bug.

I've reported it in the bug tracker but haven't heard anything or had anyone else confirm yet.  In a multiplayer private server I have with my friends, all the window curtains and sheets keep reopening no matter how many times we close them.  Its maddening!  Even starting a new game with different settings and all, this glitch continues.

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 37.5:

[Bug Fix]
Fixed If one player is wake up in MP. Other players see screen flicker black quickly.
Fixed player opening dialog window on joypad, and close on mouse will mistake the joypad focus.

Thank you for that flicker fix! Funny how you notice these things, but don't recognize them as bugs.

Hate to keep posting, but another bug came to mind that I think is related to the window covering bug and light bug.  When I open a window, or my friends open a window, we hear the sounds, but the window only opens for the player who opened it.  It still appears and functions as a closed window for the other players.

Edited by Mr Root Beer
Update

26 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Any news on the Multi-Tile Furniture Weight Issue bug?

I saw your but report, but was reluctant to reply, maybe I should now :). The real question is, is it a bug or a feature :P. I think you are right, and judging by other items' weight, it seems that it might be a mistake indeed, but on the other hand you are eventually moving several tiles' worth of items. I think that instead of diving the weight (with would lead an issue to let's say 5-tiles object with a weight of 3 - I don't think there's any yet, but what's stopping to add it, even in mods?) the game should rather clearly show the full weight of the item in tooltip (either explicitly stating say 10*2 or simply 20 if you wish) and then adjust the weights approximately. Also on topic would be the recent thread I made, though it barely scratches how multi-tiled furniture moving could be made.

9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 37.5:

[Bug Fix]

I did not have the eating sound problems before.  As of 37.5, this is now happening to me. Another player eats food, and I hear rapid repeats of the eating noise occur.  Other player is deaf, so no noises on their end.

9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 37.5:

[Bug Fix]

Playing on IWBUMS 37.5 with friend ScarSquirrel. The above fix isn't working, we're still seeing the black screen when the other player wakes up.

12 hours ago, Mr Root Beer said:

Hate to keep posting, but another bug came to mind that I think is related to the window covering bug and light bug.  When I open a window, or my friends open a window, we hear the sounds, but the window only opens for the player who opened it.  It still appears and functions as a closed window for the other players.

Don't worry, this one is on the radar still.

On 22/3/2017 at 11:53 AM, RobertJohnson said:
  • Added new server option "HoursForWorldItemRemoval": Number of hours it takes for items left loose on the ground (not in containers) to disappear. Intended to prevent item build-up putting unnecessary strain on servers.

I hope someday they will listen to the community and add something similar for the corpses in the SP...  :unsure:

Hey RJ, love what you've recently done with foraging, however, I do have one small suggestion.

I know it might be tedious, but "materials" should probably be split up a bit. Specifically, I mean rocks.

They have very little use late game (other than your first chipped stone for making fishing spears). While logs (and twigs to an extent) have use as building/fire material, tree branches tend to be what I forage the most for to make fishing spears.

If rocks could be moved to their own category, that would be great. They tend to do nothing but clutter up the ground (like berries and mushrooms do late game pre-scavenge focus) and are a pain to deal with. At least with logs and twigs, if I have no current need for them, I can always burn them. Not much I can do with a rock (that is, until you let us throw them or beat in zed heads with them :D).

Also, I know I asked this in the past, but is there any plans to tie in basic trapping with foraging, like what was done with fishing? That would complete the whole outdoor deal if we could build some simple traps.

Great addition to forage, but could choosing the category be right click -> choose category submenu instead of modal? That would save 1 click and some time, as you can hover over desired option while your character is foraging :)

EDIT2: I actually forgot it is the multi-choose dialog, so may idea kinda makes no sense

EDIT: @Moose65 Actually I find the Chipped Stone really useful, as currently axes are harder to come by. Actually it would be nice if the Stones had some actual use. It was suggested chipping the regular stones into chipped stones with (non-stone) hammers - that would make sense,  since hammers are much more common. I genuinely like them to be throwable, too (also suggested before)! For example a really slow throwing attack with possibilty of dawning (doesn't even have to kill it) a single zombie safely from a distance - it would give a more silent alternative for safely dispatching zombies from a distance :)

Edited by Faalagorn

13 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

I would love if you can add the function to rename maps similar to renaming note books. It can be hard to figure out on which map I made my personal comments if I have them in the same container.

I actually was going to suggest that but you were quicker to write it :P. Maps should definitely be renameable, such as keys and food recipes, currently it's hard to distinguish. Other than that, maps should be able to be used as a kindling for starting fire/lighting bbqs, and as I think I suggested in small suggestion thread, the name of the city should be noted in "Annotated Map", for example "Annotated Muldraugh Map", "Annotated Wespoint Map" in addition to regular "Muldraugh Map and West Point Map" for example.

Edited by Faalagorn