The One Stop TileZed Mapping Shop

RingoD123

14 hours ago, BigZombieMonkey said:

So I've made a lot of progress with my building a custom building but now I've hit a bit of a wall. I have two questions.

1) Where can I get the tiles that appear to be missing from my Tilez? In the image below a lot of tiles are red and appear to be missing?

issue.png

I think they're either unreleased or simply unimplemented tilesets. I could be wrong, but I don't think they're actually intended to have tiles since I remember having a few like that for the last couple releases of the tileset definitions.

14 hours ago, BigZombieMonkey said:

and

2) Is when it comes to creating, for example, a shelf, how can I make sure when there are items added it shows a certain stock on the shelves? I'm trying to make a custom video store and whilst I have the shelves ready I want them to fill up with video tapes when they have items in them? I don't know how to go about this but this would be a massive help for the current store I am working on as without this tile it will look very odd with shelves full of random items instead of VHS tapes?

You can set up your building's room definitions to pull from one of the predefined loot tables as described here:

I'm not sure which room definition handles VHS tapes specifically, but you can probably look at Distributions.lua and ProceduralDistributions.lua in Zomboid's media/lua/server/items folder to find out. You can also create custom room definitions to fully customize the loot that spawns there using this guide:

Hey, I'm new to Zomboid modding. Does anyone know where I can find this segmented sidewalk tile? I'm having a really hard time searching for it. I'd also like to know where I can find road paint, like these parking lot lines.

1421008379_Screenshot2022-01-24113631.png.c8bf4c37a8a54e3113dc533f9d9a0381.png

39 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Hey, I'm new to Zomboid modding. Does anyone know where I can find this segmented sidewalk tile? I'm having a really hard time searching for it. I'd also like to know where I can find road paint, like these parking lot lines.

1421008379_Screenshot2022-01-24113631.png.c8bf4c37a8a54e3113dc533f9d9a0381.png

Those floor tiles are in Floors_exterior_tilesandstone_01 and the white lines are in street_trafficlines_01

2 hours ago, RingoD123 said:

Those floor tiles are in Floors_exterior_tilesandstone_01 and the white lines are in street_trafficlines_01

Thank you! I can use sidewalks and traffic lines now, but I've come across a new problem. Sorry to bother with more questions haha.

How can I get 3d curbs like this?445585308_Screenshot2022-01-24153242.png.abbfae6a3a5e1a76021ddc6480bf3b74.png

There are options for 3d curbs in street_curbs_01, but none of them face the direction that these ones do. There are flat ones that do, however. From how it looks in-game, I assume I'm supposed to layer one part of the curb on top of the sidewalk, and the other on the road, but I'm not sure how to do that. What I'm trying in TileZed just overwrites the sidewalk underneath. I did try making a separate building just for the sidewalk, so I could use the sidewalk as the floor and place the curb tiles on top that way, but it doesn't look like TileZed lets me use the sidewalk tile as the floor. Any tips?

6 hours ago, Rollo said:

Thank you! I can use sidewalks and traffic lines now, but I've come across a new problem. Sorry to bother with more questions haha.

How can I get 3d curbs like this?445585308_Screenshot2022-01-24153242.png.abbfae6a3a5e1a76021ddc6480bf3b74.png

There are options for 3d curbs in street_curbs_01, but none of them face the direction that these ones do. There are flat ones that do, however. From how it looks in-game, I assume I'm supposed to layer one part of the curb on top of the sidewalk, and the other on the road, but I'm not sure how to do that. What I'm trying in TileZed just overwrites the sidewalk underneath. I did try making a separate building just for the sidewalk, so I could use the sidewalk as the floor and place the curb tiles on top that way, but it doesn't look like TileZed lets me use the sidewalk tile as the floor. Any tips?

Sidewalks should be on the ground layer and curbs go on one of your overlay layers, all of the needed curbs are in street_curbs_01.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 12:06 PM, RingoD123 said:

-----Base Map Colours----
Dark Grass | 90 100 35 
Medium Grass | 117 117 47 
Light Grass | 145 135 60 
Sand | 210 200 160 
Light Asphalt | 165 160 140 
Dark Asphalt (main roads) | 100 100 100 
Medium Asphalt | 120 120 120 
Gravel Dirt | 140 70 15 
Dirt | 120 70 20 
Dark Pothole | 110 100 100 
Light Pothole | 130 120 120 
Water | 0 138 255 

Before I say anything, just know that I appreciate this guide more than it is likely you could know.  Having said that, my autism and OCD prevent from seeing this without pointing out that "Asphalt" is always dark.  Due to the crude oil product (bitumen) used to bind the aggregate materials (sand/gravel) together, asphalt is black.  As it gets dirty, it can get lighter, but it will always be on the darker side of the spectrum.  Conversely, your "Light Asphalt" would be referring to "Concrete" which can vary in color, but is usually a pale gray due to the cement, which is white, used to bind the aggregate.  You could, however, use the term "Pavement" instead to refer to both "Asphalt" and "Concrete" as pavement is merely the hard, top layer of a road, walkway, parking surface, etc. which could be stone or brick as well as asphalt or concrete.  I realize this information bears no relevance to anything having to do with the game at present but, the list IS, technically, incorrect.  :p

Though, with the "Bag of Concrete Powder" item in game with no current use, this information COULD be relevant to someone.  I really hope any new paving mechanics aren't too simplified.  The science is simple enough that we've been doing it for thousands of years (or longer by some theories).  It's just binding agent and a filler material.  Cement is usually made from the calcination of limestone, which can be done in a charcoal heated clay kiln.  "Plaster" also, will usually contain lime and/or cement.  The addition of ceramics and masonry would would be a GREAT addition for Project Zomboid.  This would, however, require the addition of, not only, new skills and new items, but also new map layers representing the soil and stone layers of the Earth, which varies considerably from area to area.  Soil types could even affect farming mechanics, along with the weather.  This would mean that players wanting to resume production of certain materials would need to find:  clay for kilns, bricks, pottery, ballistic armor, etc.; limestone for lime; gravel and sand for concrete; bitumen for asphalt; and the list goes on.  This could also lead to mining, smelting and smithing with layers of various ores with would be an awesome addition to the already present Metalworking.  Plus, this would also allow for areas with layers of minable salt, one of the most valuable commodities in history.  Maybe even leading to the ability for players to refine various types of petroleum deposits.  And let us not forget coal... or peat.

Anyway, just food for thought.  I could keep typing on the subject and every tangent thought that goes through my head, but I need to finish getting ready for work.

Until next time,

- NNG

• 1 month later...

Hello, new to mapping. Having an issue. I am able to successfully load my map into BuildingEd and even load in into my world, but when trying to edit the cell/building function the whole map is just red question marks, like I am missing tiles even though the map is loading correctly in the game. 

(correctly loaded into WorldEd)

71xESfn.png

(what happens when I go to view the cell)

vgaF7VU.png

any help would be great, I'm having a lot of fun learning! 

1 hour ago, goodpig said:

Hello, new to mapping. Having an issue. I am able to successfully load my map into BuildingEd and even load in into my world, but when trying to edit the cell/building function the whole map is just red question marks, like I am missing tiles even though the map is loading correctly in the game. 

(correctly loaded into WorldEd)

71xESfn.png

(what happens when I go to view the cell)

vgaF7VU.png

any help would be great, I'm having a lot of fun learning! 

In WorldEd, click on Edit and then Preferences, then in the Tiles Directory part of the preferences window, navigate to and select your tiles folder (make sure it is the tiles folder you select and not the 2x folder inside of it). After changing the setting, close worlded and tilezed and then re-open.

11 hours ago, goodpig said:

When placing tile objects using the tile feature in BuildingEd is possible to place the tile and not have it overwrite whatever was already there? This feels very limiting. 

Simply select what layer you want to place the tile on by selecting it on the right hand side of the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: found solution, went to building menu and clicked Grime, selected none. This applies to all external walls for the rooms painter. 

hello, i'm having trouble removing the wall grime layer on external walls that are part of the rooms in iso mode for the building editor. When I select "none" for grime in the rooms screen, it only affects the internal walls. When I attempt to select the grime and delete it, nothing happens either. I want to have grime located on certain external room walls, but not all of them. the trims are blank too.

it would be nice to use iso mode, but in order to resolve this, do i have to simply use tile mode instead?

Edited by anremy
solution found

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Make sure you image is 300x300 pixels or a divisible by 300 (600x600, 1500x1500 etc). Also make sure you bmp's or png's are saved as a 24 bit images.

ahh right ok the video i was following online said to do it in 8 bit so i will redo them in 24 bit

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like a moron, I followed this tutorial, and even found one on youtube. I make a 300x300 image for a 1x1 cell, I used all the colors provided for the map, but when I go to drag my image (for lets say dark grass) it gives me a round sign with a slash in the middle like a do not enter sign and will not let me drag my image to the 1x1 cell in mapedit. I'm sorry if my problem sounds stupid, but I only found 1 video series on YT showing how to make a map and then people directed me to this tutorial and for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

SideNote I'm using GImp I've also took away the alpha channel and saved it as a 24 Bit bmp

Update: I wasn't putting the _veg on my image. Not sure how to delete this post, but I figured it out. 

9MmEkUj[1].png

Edited by DuhGamingSavage
adding a picture

For some reason my thumbnail won't upgrade on my 0.4 tile but when i go to the tile I see the stuff I added. Anyone know what's gone wrong?  Thanks in advance. Top picture is what it looks like when I click the tile, the bottom image is the Map view but everytime I drag my 0.4 bmp image over it , it won't update. Is there a way to update the tile i'm not seeing? Can i erase the tile and reapply the image? Thanks!spacer.pngspacer.png

So followed this guide step by step, as a first attempt I decided to start out with a 300x300 map. When I try to load the map in game, I get an error after the "This is how you died" splash telling me to consult the console.txt, which reads:

ERROR: General     , 1658294909628> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=11702,6896,0 because the square is null at IsoWorld.init line:2670.
ERROR: General     , 1658294909628> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=11702,6896,0 because the square is null
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2670)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:262)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:219)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If I understand this correctly, the game is trying to spawn me in non-existent cells? I've played around with the spawn points, even trying just a single spawn point. Everytime I get the same error. Really hoping someone is able to advise me what I can do about this, because I'm stumped.

Trying my hand at making a map. I wanted to make my wifes hometown. But having an issue when using WorldEd BMP to TMX. Says a tile listed in rules.txt could not be found. The missing tile it called 'blends_natural_01_080'. Does anyone know what tile that is and where i can download it? Or what I need to edit to the rules document for it to work?

Don't mind me, just pointing out some reoccurring, solved themes in this thread in an effort to make the FAQ box feel less depressed

>editing/exporting the main map

>questionmarks - missing assets

>street lamps

>format and sizing of saved images

Please, delete this post after internalization. wasn't sure who's moderating this thread, hence the derail

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 2:58 AM, Meaxine said:

When in the worlded screen when I go into placing mode or cell 0,0. I get red ?? Even though I do not get them otherwise 

In WorldEd, click on Edit and then Preferences, then in the Tiles Directory part of the preferences window, navigate to and select your tiles folder (make sure it is the tiles folder you select and not the 2x folder inside of it). After changing the setting, close worlded and tilezed and then re-open.

• 3 weeks later...

After I put my basemap in and try to do BMP to TMX I get the error 'A tile listed in Rules.txt could not be found. The missing tile is called 'blends_natural_01_080'. Please fix the invalid tiles index or add the tile if it is missing using the Tilesets dialogue in TileZed. (While reading Rules.txt)' I am no good at computers so I figure I've just done something really simple wrong but I can't seem to fix this, what can I do to? 

2 hours ago, AlisterSinclair said:

After I put my basemap in and try to do BMP to TMX I get the error 'A tile listed in Rules.txt could not be found. The missing tile is called 'blends_natural_01_080'. Please fix the invalid tiles index or add the tile if it is missing using the Tilesets dialogue in TileZed. (While reading Rules.txt)' I am no good at computers so I figure I've just done something really simple wrong but I can't seem to fix this, what can I do to? 

Hi, try using the latest tools and tilesets that have just been posted: