The One Stop TileZed Mapping Shop

RingoD123

1 hour ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Please make sure to use version downloaded from forum link, not from steam.

I did download the one from the forum link, but for some reason I just can't import .BMP files into it? Sorry I'm not really much help on why it could be happening but I am a newb to all of this sort of thing. I make art for games but anything beyond that is witchcraft in my eyes.

edit: I just realized it may not be saved to the same place if I needed to save the folders to a specific file on my computer?

Edited by ADisturbedFox

3 hours ago, ADisturbedFox said:

I did download the one from the forum link, but for some reason I just can't import .BMP files into it? Sorry I'm not really much help on why it could be happening but I am a newb to all of this sort of thing. I make art for games but anything beyond that is witchcraft in my eyes.

edit: I just realized it may not be saved to the same place if I needed to save the folders to a specific file on my computer?

There must be two images, MyMap.bmp and MyMap_veg.bmp.  PNGs also work.
Both images must be the same size.

Both images must be multiples of 300x300 pixels (this is the size of one cell).

The color depth should be 8 bits per pixel, I think.

19 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

There must be two images, MyMap.bmp and MyMap_veg.bmp.  PNGs also work.
Both images must be the same size.

Both images must be multiples of 300x300 pixels (this is the size of one cell).

The color depth should be 8 bits per pixel, I think.

I have both MyMap.bmp as well as MyMap_veg.bmp... Could it be an error with where the files are placed? I just have everything sprawled out on my desktop because thats just my general workspace for projects like this :p Basically what I'm trying to ask is if I need everything in specific folders to be able to import it all properly?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit dumb :p

I'm just completely new to this kind of map making

Update: I'm stupid as heck xD I just checked the file names again and as it would turn out... I had MainMap_veg.bmp and MyMap.bmp

Sorry for wasting all of your time...

Edited by ADisturbedFox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When trying to set the spawn points for cars on the map (according to the guide) and test in the game itself, I was faced with the fact that the cars do not spawn. Maybe some spawn points are not functioning? If so, which ones and what to do to make cars spawn?

Снимок экрана (220).png

Edited by Yogev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 1:55 AM, NeroEx said:

need help. after creating a building and adding it to the world with worlded, it does not show up in Tailed. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think lots will show up on tileZed, it's just for doing detail and base layer work on the map and then buildings are added using worldEd as texture pieces that are drawn over the base. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's there a way to force a determinated type of vehicle like police on the parking stalls? im trying to do a checkpoint on the road and i need that cars that spawn are 100% police cars, i already tried naming the stall "police" but it spawns normal cars too.

Also im having trouble to make game load some custom tiles used on the tilezed editor, the game loads the pack file but some the custom textures used don't show ingame, on the other hand, some custom tiles used on the map like custom road signs etc work just fine. 

all the custom textures/sprites/tiles work fine on the editor :(

**I have made the.pack file placed it on the correct folder and referenced it on the mods file just in case anyone thinks not :) also the logs don't send any error related to my new tilesets as i fixed all of them**

thanks in advance 

MISSING TXT2.png

MISSING TXT1.png

Edited by asierus24

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy. When I open WorldEd it only seems to recognize .tmx files. I followed a really nice tutorial on youtube & the guy is able to simply drag & drop a png file into the editor. I've tried several times, but an error message pops up reading: Not a map file. Does the program in some way recognize .png files? If not, how do I make a .tmx file?

- edit -
wow okay. i wasnt even in the WorldEd program. false alarm

Edited by JustLith0224
i did an oopsie

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

В зависимости от дороги, которую вы собираетесь проложить, лучший способ узнать это - проверить:

https://map.projectzomboid.com/

Затем вы можете увидеть и посчитать, насколько широк каждый тип дороги на ванильной карте.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, shu307 said:

Why the trees in my map are smaller than the vanilla ones. I've tried all the colors(rules) of the vegetation map.

Both tools and tiles are the latest version.

QQ截图20211122201700.png

iirc, to have "big trees" you need to define the area as "deep forest" in the zones file.

I could be wrong on this, as I've no experience with mapping.