The One Stop TileZed Mapping Shop

RingoD123

11 hours ago, throttlekitty said:

@Legoland99, that extra tile isn't extra, the walls/door/window are all sitting on the northen tip of the tile.

Ringo, I have one question about zoning that I can't dig up still. Does the game use the Nav zone for anything?

I dont think so, if it's not in the tutorial then don't worry about it. You could always ask RJ if you want/need to know exactly what it does.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 8:06 PM, RingoD123 said:

Step 6) Adding foraging and vehicle zones

I've been pouring through the forum and google for a good while now and I've not been able to find anything regarding as to what each Foraging Zone is for. I was wondering, when you can, if you could add that into the tutorial? It would help a lot. The names are mostly self explanatory for where they go, but which ones allow for actual foraging? Which ones do what? These things are still left pretty ambiguous.

Thanks in advance! The guide here is helping a lot.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there I am having an issue with how some decorations are being displayed in my the game. Here is an example I am having; In the editor (Tiled) and also in the (Building Editor)  the red rug is displayed correctly. Everything is matched up as shown in the picture below.

EditerImage.thumb.png.8eb0c66fa6e1da897402dfa2f44584e8.png

Now when I go into the game the red carpet now looks like this:

IngameImage.thumb.png.6b9db68f085434f1f6b82c8c02ef249f.png

I have no idea what is making this happen. I tried looking around but I can't find anything about it. Its not just the rugs some of the railings are messed up using other tile images that are not corresponding with the railing I would like to use, also some of the dark bar tiles seem to be messed up as well. I made sure everything is facing the correct way and they are, but when I load it in the game it just messes it up.

(On The Side Note) I am running Build 41. I doubt this would cause the tiles messing up in game only but what do I know. If anyone has info on how to fix this do tell me whats going on, I would really like to continue working on my map. This issue kinda puts a stop on things for right now as I don't want to continue and have it bite me from behind later.

-Thank you for reading

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are mapping tools expected to be overhauled soon due to animations?  I ask because I've actually just started tinkering with them, and while they seem not only super-accessible but also quite fun (for me, anyway), I don't want to bother learning them if there's about to be a reworking due to recent updates.

EDIT: Disregard this statement entirely.   After working at it diligently for the last 15 hours straight, I've gone from being completely clueless in this process to actually playing on my 1-cell test map, fully functional with houses loaded properly with loot.  Success!!

Point being this tutorial is still entirely relevant and applicable, if anyone else was wondering.  Thanks for the tut', RingoD123!

Edited by Mumbler

On 3/1/2020 at 2:47 AM, Jordan. S said:

Hello there I am having an issue with how some decorations are being displayed in my the game. Here is an example I am having; In the editor (Tiled) and also in the (Building Editor)  the red rug is displayed correctly. Everything is matched up as shown in the picture below.

EditerImage.thumb.png.8eb0c66fa6e1da897402dfa2f44584e8.png

Now when I go into the game the red carpet now looks like this:

IngameImage.thumb.png.6b9db68f085434f1f6b82c8c02ef249f.png

I have no idea what is making this happen. I tried looking around but I can't find anything about it. Its not just the rugs some of the railings are messed up using other tile images that are not corresponding with the railing I would like to use, also some of the dark bar tiles seem to be messed up as well. I made sure everything is facing the correct way and they are, but when I load it in the game it just messes it up.

(On The Side Note) I am running Build 41. I doubt this would cause the tiles messing up in game only but what do I know. If anyone has info on how to fix this do tell me whats going on, I would really like to continue working on my map. This issue kinda puts a stop on things for right now as I don't want to continue and have it bite me from behind later.

-Thank you for reading

This fixed it for me:

• 3 months later...

Tell me how to put a two-story street lamp in TilZed. There is an option for lights in the upper toolbar, but whatever you choose in the menu, nothing appears on the map. And there are 2 halves of the lantern in sets of items that I don't understand how to put on top of each other.

I hope the moderator will check my message sometime. I went through all the tabs, but I still didn't figure out how to add another Odile level to TileZed. I see object layers, tile layers, but there is no button to add another level anywhere. I see buildings with lots of floors, which I post via World... But how do I make a full-size workable post on 2 levels, I strongly do not understand.

1 hour ago, Tashendal said:

I hope the moderator will check my message sometime. I went through all the tabs, but I still didn't figure out how to add another Odile level to TileZed. I see object layers, tile layers, but there is no button to add another level anywhere. I see buildings with lots of floors, which I post via World... But how do I make a full-size workable post on 2 levels, I strongly do not understand.

In tilezed, with your cell open, on the right hand side of the screen you need to click on the layers tab (you can make sure it's visible by clicking on "view" on the top bar and making sure "layers" is ticked) and click the "new layer" button and then select "add tile layer", you then want to name the new layer "1_Furniture", you can now place the top half of the lamposts on this layer.

Yes, thank you for your advice! When I switch to this layer, the world darkens and you can place the top half of the stack. I am confused by the fact that I place it visually, that is, somewhere on other cells behind the lower part. Although the joint is not visible, apparently, I do everything correctly. And another question. I haven't moved on to this stage yet, but it's interesting in advance. The spawn map is only responsible for the zombie spawn itself, but how can you organize a spawn, such as zombie soldiers or zombie guards? I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

Edited by Tashendal

3 hours ago, Tashendal said:

Yes, thank you for your advice! When I switch to this layer, the world darkens and you can place the top half of the stack. I am confused by the fact that I place it visually, that is, somewhere on other cells behind the lower part. Although the joint is not visible, apparently, I do everything correctly. And another question. I haven't moved on to this stage yet, but it's interesting in advance. The spawn map is only responsible for the zombie spawn itself, but how can you organize a spawn, such as zombie soldiers or zombie guards? I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

There will be an update once the latest test build goes public that will allow you to add specific zombie zones (like soldiers, police etc).

Hello. I found this topic that lists the names of spawn zones for certain types of zombies. Did I understand correctly that the areas that are assigned these names are foraging areas? That is, I create, for example, a "town zone" and assign it the name "army", and there is a chance to spawn soldiers in it.

Edited by Tashendal

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:43 AM, Tashendal said:

Nice! Thank!
But how do people who create new cities do it? They have fire stations and police stations, and, for example, in vogue for a Korean city, there are military spawn zones.

That's what I found after so many failures.. hahaha

set game -debug mode and press F2 in game than you can find that keyword

Quick question: Under tilesets I have some categories appearing red, containing nothing more then red question marks (picture in the attachment).

I'm running the steam version.

The categories in red are:

blueprints_01

foraging_01

location_business_machinery

location_community_chucrch_small_02

missing_tileset_666

vegetation_wall_01

Does this need fixing? And if so, how?

pic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an issue where I simply cannot see the map within the mods section of Project Zomboid to enable it.

I've tried to follow this, and Blackbeard's tutorials, but this particular part has me stumped on why it isn't working.
Everything up to the actual exporting seems to be the problem as I had no problem making the .bmp maps as well as using TileZed and WorldEd.

The locations I've set for the files are here:
k88TcRF.png

Is there anything in particular I may have missed?
(I am currently using Build 41)

4MNahT1.png
This is the new files I placed (I had this set up before, I forgot to put them back in after deleting the entire folders and restarting from scratch) It still doesn't show up as being an option the enable. I did place all of this correctly, correct? 

Edit: I should also specify I looked at the workshop's folder for the ModTemplate just to see if there was something I could look at in there to determine why It isn't showing up as a possible choice, but it looks like it's exactly the same as what I've put in (albeit, it lacks a ton of the other files needed). 

Edit 2: I fixed this entire problem by putting all the files in the same manner as a workshop mod and it worked perfectly fine. I have no idea why placing it in the mods folder wouldn't work, but that would work. Either way, I'll say this is fixed for now. 

Edited by EuphoriaToRegret

Hello! I am new to making maps.
And sorry in advance for the bad English.
The other day I created my first map, I was able to test it, everything seemed to work out, but there are several questions.

1. Is there a way to make my map smaller than 300x300?
Is it possible to make it 300x300, but add empty cells so that when superimposed on the main map, they do not replace it?
I need a small villa, maximum 100x100, but I cannot place it on the map so as not to replace unnecessary cells.
Tried with "none" cells, it didn't work.

2. How can I place a fence close to my building? Buildings have one indentation cell on both sides, and the fence does not want to stand on it. I know that this is possible by looking at these buildings (many fences close to the walls):

https://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.2994308558432292,0.2804755345780592,474.7526275995397

My bad variant:

image.thumb.png.61b85e85cef7f9cde1b75f831fc20481.png

Like Ciber Ninja said: Replace full cell

The Prison is most likely its own entire building rather than edited within the world itself.
How important is the fence in being in the world itself and not simply a building with a fence around it?
I don't honestly have time to test it myself (I think it's kinda important in my own stuff later) but I would try putting the fence in the building first and simply placing the building in such a way that the cell fence matches the world fence. 

Hey!

I'm COMPLETELY knew to all of this and this guide has helped me SO much, but after I made MyMap.BMP it wouldn't let me drag and drop it into WorldEd. When I try to drag and drop it it just kinda sits there before disappearing. Idk if this is something I did (which is incredibly likely) or if its just something that changed with a recent update but I can't import the .BMP at all into WorldEd.

Also, for the devs, I really just want to congratulate you on the game so far! Its easily the BEST zombie game I've seen on the market, trumping literally every triple A game I've seen. I just got the game a few days ago but I look forward to seeing it evolve into something even better than it is right now! So basically I just want to say thank you for the time, effort, sweat, and maybe blood (depending on how easily annoyed the coders are) that you've put into making this game.

Edited by ADisturbedFox