Mods I'm dying to see.

AlexHupsch

I've had this little top 3 list in my head for a little while now and wanted to throw it at the modding community. These are the 3 mods that I think would improve the gameplay the most (in no particular order):

1. Horses: A big problem with getting around in PZ is the travel time on foot. If your going from Muldraugh to West Point, duuuuude, such a long walk. There have been mods attempting to address the issue, like the various car mods. Hydrocraft added horses to an earlier build, but since then the devs implemented a 3d engine to model the characters. It seems like something that is doable, having mountable horses. It would be fun to herd zombie hordes on horseback. It would be crazy to get swallowed by a horde while riding a horse, too.  Anyway, I hope someone will consider approaching it.

1b. Some kind of modding tools for the PZ3D engine. 'nuf said.

2.  Zombie Mode... Mod: I don't know about the rest of you, but I die so much. So much of the time I spend dying.  And sometimes I find my character has died in an interesting scenario, and I just watch to see where it goes. But what would make that so much more fun, would be if you could control your shambling corpse. I want to be able to go bust in windows and knock down doors, maybe kill another survivor or two with the Survivors Mod (I love that mod). It would also be cool to be able to gather a horde with you as you go, depending on the settings for the zombies in that scenario.

3.  Climbing!!!: I can't believe I almost forgot to mention CLIMBING!!!! Why is it there are ladders that you can't climb? Why can't you climb ropes? We need to be able to do these things! Someone, please! It's the one element missing in having true safehouses. you can take the stairs out, but you can't climb back up to that second floor, all safe and above the reach of the dead. This is the mod that everyone needs.

Like I said, I'm throwing these ideas out there, because I have them and I just hope we'll see mods like them someday. Thanks.

1. Hopefully cars are implemented quickly with the new animations and background work being done to address high speeds in multiplayer. Horses would be great, but I'll settle for anything to move quicker (pogo sticks anyone?). My games rarely encompasse more than one town because slowly traversing open road for 15 minutes is not fun.

2. THIS WOULD BE AWESOME. A full-powered zed (maxed out on the randomized range of available attributes) or something reflecting your physical traits at death. Would make for a really cool multiplayer elimination game.

3. I'm going to put this out there on the off chance you haven't encountered it, regarding climbing: sheet ropes, crafted from clothing or sheets. Knocking out the stairs and building impregnable rope-access castles (in the sky, with some carpentry) is the ultimate long game. But ladders and regular rope would be swell too.

Edited by trombonaught

#2 sounds great!

There has to be reduced awareness all-around to make it fair for the survivors though. I'm not sure how to model the fact that you have no brain power and are just drawn to movement, sound, (and smell?).

Maybe if your whole screen is almost black and only the places where there's movement light up. Then it's up to you to blunder around and bang on random walls to try to locate the survivors.

9 hours ago, AlexHupsch said:

1. Horses: A big problem ...

2.  Zombie Mode... Mod...

3.  Climbing!!!...

1. I think that when the devs release their vehicle feature this will be doable if it isn't included upon release

2. I've thought about this too. Specifically for multiplayer, something along the lines of how Contagion does it. I actually started tinkering around with this, too. There are restrictions that have been emplaced, including which animations can be played by player controlled characters. As in players can't have the shamble animation. There is a work around for this that I found, but that is just the animation. I haven't messed around with how to not make zeds attracted to a single player. I'm expecting more tools to work with and more parts of the game to be accessible in future releases. Some masterminds like @Jab or @RoboMat might have a better idea of the games limitations or how to do this.

3. No doubt this feature will be in the full release. They've included ladders in some of their videos and in the animation update it shows the player climbing over a tall fence.

41 minutes ago, Kelefane said:

I've been mentioning horses for a while now but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I can't believe something simple like a bicycle hasn't been implemented yet. 

the with biclycles and cars and horses is they all use the same mechanic, if they were able to make a bicycle they would be able to make a car. I heard them say for horses it would be EVEN more difficult right now than cars because you have more animations ie. Horse running, horse moving it's head and what not at all angles, so it would be more difficult than cars. Trust me, horses will come eventually, along with cars.

i have an idea for point two! @lucy the axe

quick time events to make the zombie do what it would normally do. little highlighted tile you have to click when the zombie hears or sees or smells something, and a selected "walk-to" path you choose every interval, maybe eight seconds to fifteen seconds. encourage people to go back to playing humans, or lazily shamble to a lead.

Edited by Footmuffin

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Project Eternal Alpha said:

Add specific more aggresive zombies.

There should be a small chance for spawning an abnormal, very aggresive zombie which is faster and is able to easly get through a fence for example.

The whole umbrella category of zombie variation really interests me. I was just about to post two ideas I had on that:

1. I'd love to see more models used, i.e. child and overweight zombies.  Or have body parts be able to come off, like arms and legs.

2. I've also been thinking about sound mods, especially for crying, laughing, and screaming/yelling zombies. I find the idea that reanimated corpses would have weird behavioral tics from randomly firing existing neural pathways super creepy. 

Because...

When it comes to the zombie apocalypse, nothing could be more terrifying than being chased by a bunch of laughing and/or crying child zombies. Or having an overweight corpse barreling at you full speed.

Edited by AlexHupsch
addendum

• 5 months later...