Map Tools & Tiles for Build 36

EasyPickins

On 6/25/2017 at 1:15 PM, EasyPickins said:

WorldEd comes with the latest Rules.txt.  The "erosion" code replaces the old grass/bushes with new ones when loading the map in-game.  The editor only displays the old grass/bush tiles.

You can place specific new tiles in TileZed from any of these tilesets and they will appear the same in-game.  They must be placed on a "blends_natural" floor tile.

• d_plants_1
  • f_bushes_1
  • e_XXX_1 (non-jumbo tree tiles)

So is that a hard technical limit or is it just not a priority?

20 hours ago, 956Texas said:

https://ibb.co/kBuEPa

This is frustrating I downloaded the current tools and put all sprites in Tiles folder not 2x.  Some one guide me please.

The new double-sized tilesets go into the Tiles/2x folder (they should already be there in the Tiles.zip file).

There are a few old-sized tilesets in the Tiles folder used by the editor.

In TileZed (and WorldEd), make sure the Tiles folder is pointing to "Tiles" and not "Tiles/2x".

6 hours ago, xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx said:

any way to modify the rules to create custom spawns like a dark green color on the vegetation map representing specific pine trees only and light green on the veg map representing specific decidious trees only? 

You can place specific trees from the non-jumbo tree tilesets (e_americanholly_1, e_redmaple_1, etc).

So you should be able to write a new rule in Rules.txt that only places those types of trees.

13 minutes ago, xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx said:

but they wont work with /as jumbo trees, theyll stay small in deep forest zones?

That's right.  The game started with specific trees placed in TileZed.  Then the erosion system was added (it was a mod originally) that replaces the original vegetation_trees tiles with new seasonal ones.  That replacement happens while the game is running.

Later, the jumbo trees were added.  While generating the binary lot files, WorldEd replaces vegetation_trees tiles with a generic tile called jumbo_trees_01_0.  The game then sees that while loading the map and replaces the generic tile with random jumbo tree tiles.  (Well it's not quite random; the erosion system has different "soil types" that determine the type of tree that's placed.  The mapper has no control over the soil type.)

The editor can't display jumbo trees (due to them being twice the size of every other tile).  So putting jumbo trees in the editor would be an issue just because of that.

Trying to place specific types of jumbo trees would require changing WorldEd (to write something specific instead of jumbo_trees_01_0) and changing the game's Java code (to deal with whatever WorldEd put in the lot files).

• 2 weeks later...

Easy it be nice to have a variety of more TVs (flat screens) and computers wouldnt be a bad idea.  If I only knew how to get them in game i wouldnt bother you guys. 

Electric poles with wires

More window types and shapes

More door shapes and frames

More house decors (like archs)

Indoor plants

And more wall art paintings

Just to name a few.

At the moment the tools feel to dull. Any idea if more stuff is coming?

Also is it possible add like padlocks within the building ed? Lets say you need to find a paper with the codes to open a specific door. I was wondering if thats possible?

Edited by 956Texas

• 9 months later...