Map Tools & Tiles for Build 36

EasyPickins

Updated the tools February 20, 2017.

BuildingEd

• Fixed crash when pressing the Delete key while moving objects.
  • Autosave files in the user's .TileZed directory can be opened and deleted using the Welcome screen.  Autosave files are created for buildings with unsaved changes every 2.5 minutes.  If BuildingEd crashes, it should be possible to open a recently-saved autosave file. Note: For buildings that have previously been saved, autosave files are created in the same folder as the original TBX file.
Edited by EasyPickins
Clarified where autosave files are stored

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 2:44 PM, 956Texas said:

Thought about getting back into creating buildings but this is harder than a puzzle. 

This 2x tiles are awesome but time consuming putting them together, sometimes that doesn't even work, they come out all broken

#sad #mtga

make tilezed great again

https://ibb.co/kuzqJv

The 2x tiles aren't split up like that.   Make sure you're not using an older version of TileZed by mistake.  Make sure the Tiles Folder is set to "Tiles" and not "Tiles/2x"

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 8:11 PM, EasyPickins said:

You should create a folder and unzip both the "TileZed + WorldEd" archive and the "Tileset images" archive into that folder.

This should give you 3 folders like this:

PZMapTools/   <--- you create this folder somewhere

Tiles/

TileZed/

WorldEd/

I did everything that you said but i can't put the map in the cell. Can you help me?

20170410_141341.jpg

26 minutes ago, Calexandre said:

I did everything that you said but i can't put the map in the cell. Can you help me?

20170410_141341.jpg

The image files must be named XXX.png and XXX_veg.png.   WorldEd adds _veg to the name of the file you are dragging to get the name of the vegetation image.

45 minutes ago, EasyPickins said:

The image files must be named XXX.png and XXX_veg.png.   WorldEd adds _veg to the name of the file you are dragging to get the name of the vegetation image.

I can't believe i made such a silly mistake.  thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Would it be possible to get an updated revision/version of the following files (BuildingFurniture.txt, BuildingTiles.txt and any other textual files which need updating). They're over a year old, and are missing many new additions which have been added to PZ since. I've been manually adding missing entries into these files, but there are a great many of them. I'm not shy to add them myself, but I figured that MashPotato probably has an up-to-date copy ;) and it would be very much appreciated.... VERY! :-D

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2017 at 4:01 AM, Rekkie said:

Would it be possible to get an updated revision/version of the following files (BuildingFurniture.txt, BuildingTiles.txt and any other textual files which need updating). They're over a year old, and are missing many new additions which have been added to PZ since. I've been manually adding missing entries into these files, but there are a great many of them. I'm not shy to add them myself, but I figured that MashPotato probably has an up-to-date copy ;) and it would be very much appreciated.... VERY! :-D

These are the most current versions I think.

BuildingFurniture.txt

BuildingTemplates.txt

Tilesets.txt

BuildingTiles.txt

Is there an updated Rules.txt for WorldEd? I noticed when using the bmp brush to place trees and then loading the map in game the trees are different than the ones in the editor?

I assume its still using the old trees and not the new ones that came with the big trees or x2 sprites updates, and then get converted over when you load in the map.

Here is a location in the editor

worlded.thumb.png.674a940d9e779d3b3cec1e2816e797a5.png

And here it is in game, you can see all the vegetation is different.

worlded2.thumb.jpg.403aeaf375687ad56f3bd1adb0b223db.jpg

When trying to detail each homes garden its a bit of a pain.

Edited by Neutralnz1

This won't answer your question, however if you want to add in Jumbo trees and if you're okay with editing the txt files yourself. Add in the following tree 'base' tiles (it won't show the 'top' part of the tree in the editor, but it will work fine in-game).

Note: the tops of the trees will change depending on the current season.

Spoiler

e_americanholly_1_003
e_americanlinden_1_003
e_canadianhemlock_1_003
e_carolinasilverbell_1_003
e_cockspurhawthorn_1_003
e_dogwood_1_003
e_easternredbud_1_003
e_redmaple_1_003
e_riverbirch_1_003
e_virginiapine_1_003
e_yellowwood_1_003

It will look like this in the editor. Notice the trees without top bits are the Jumbos

JumboTrees_01.thumb.jpg.8473fe4cbc5f22584460f3f997e35214.jpg

On 6/20/2017 at 11:11 PM, Rekkie said:

This won't answer your question, however if you want to add in Jumbo trees and if you're okay with editing the txt files yourself. Add in the following tree 'base' tiles (it won't show the 'top' part of the tree in the editor, but it will work fine in-game).

Note: the tops of the trees will change depending on the current season.

Hide contents

e_americanholly_1_003
e_americanlinden_1_003
e_canadianhemlock_1_003
e_carolinasilverbell_1_003
e_cockspurhawthorn_1_003
e_dogwood_1_003
e_easternredbud_1_003
e_redmaple_1_003
e_riverbirch_1_003
e_virginiapine_1_003
e_yellowwood_1_003

It will look like this in the editor. Notice the trees without top bits are the Jumbos

JumboTrees_01.thumb.jpg.8473fe4cbc5f22584460f3f997e35214.jpg

Got around to trying this, but they all just appear as their normal size in game, not jumbo

Edited by Neutz

6 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

The editor doesn't display jumbo trees.  Trees in Forest and DeepForest zones are randomly turned into jumbo trees when you export the map using WorldEd.

Ah ok, thanks.

Do you know if there is an updated rules.txt that has all the new flora instead of the old?

9 hours ago, Neutz said:

Ah ok, thanks.

Do you know if there is an updated rules.txt that has all the new flora instead of the old?

WorldEd comes with the latest Rules.txt.  The "erosion" code replaces the old grass/bushes with new ones when loading the map in-game.  The editor only displays the old grass/bush tiles.

You can place specific new tiles in TileZed from any of these tilesets and they will appear the same in-game.  They must be placed on a "blends_natural" floor tile.

• d_plants_1
  • f_bushes_1
  • e_XXX_1 (non-jumbo tree tiles)

• 2 weeks later...