Map Tools & Tiles for Build 36

EasyPickins

Latest Version Here: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23803-latest-tilezed-worlded-and-tilesets-may-14-2018/

If you have a 32-bit version of Windows, download "TileZed + WorldEd 32-bit".

If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, download "TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit".

Download your TileZed version of choice AND the Tilesets listed above.

You should create a folder and unzip both the "TileZed + WorldEd" archive and the "Tileset images" archive into that folder.

This should give you 3 folders like this:

PZMapTools/   <--- you create this folder somewhere

Tiles/

TileZed/

WorldEd/

If you get an error about a missing DLL, run the TileZed/vcredist_xNN.exe installer.

I have some reports regarding tiles x1, some tiles missing x2 as well.
This causes the appearance of several question marks in my program, I guess it will be necessary to attach the set of tiles x1 updated, here I will place the images of the missing objects.

Spoiler

ScreenShot_20170127170925.png

ScreenShot_20170127171041.png

ScreenShot_20170127171203.png

ScreenShot_20170127171414.png

Also I have presented an error when trying to open a cell of my map, some suggestion how to solve it ?.

ScreenShot_20170127171722.png

When the 2x tilesets were created, some tiles were moved to new positions in their tileset and some tiles were removed entirely.

When the game sees an "old" map created before the 2x tiles were added, the game will try to fix moved or missing tiles.

The official maps were all updated to use the new 2x tilesets.  If you look in each map.info file, you'll see this line was added:

fixed2x=true

When the game sees "fixed2x=true" in map.info, the game will not apply any fixes to the tiles used by the map;  the game assumes the maps have already been fixed.

You can choose to leave your old maps alone, or update them to use the new 2x tilesets.

To update your old TMX files for 2x tilesets, use the Tools > Check Maps menu command in TileZed.   You can check all TMX files in a directory by pressing the 'Check now" button, or check only the current map by pressing the "Check Current Map Only" button.  This will print a list of tile issues that may need to be fixed.  Double-click on an issue to go to that location in the map.

There's also a "Check Buildings" command that checks BuildingEd files for tile issues.

After updating your maps and buildings, use "Generate Lots" in WorldEd to test them in the game.  Remember to add "fixed2x=true" to the map.info file.

@AtoxwarriorI think the "Unknown grime_wall" error is because WorldEd is trying to launch an older version of TileZed.  You need to change the app that is associated with the TMX file type (so it uses the new version of TileZed, not the old one).

4 hours ago, Matthee said:

so these tools don't support windows XP?

I get the "not a valid win32 application" when I launch either .exe

its fine if XP is not supported, just wondering.

Sounds like you tried running an x64 application on x86. Or missing dependencies. 

Edited by Killom

18 hours ago, EasyPickins said:

You can try these for 64-bit Linux.  I built them on Ubuntu in VirtualBox.

They should be started with the provided shell scripts (TileZed.sh, PZWorldEd.sh)

TileZed + WorldEd for Linux 64-bit

Thansk EP! Give it a quick test in Mint 18.1 Cinnamon but Qt5 lib errors showing up.

Haven´t investigated the error further, but with what Qt5 version did you built it?

I have 5.5.1 installed.

34 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Thansk EP! Give it a quick test in Mint 18.1 Cinnamon but Qt5 lib errors showing up.

Haven´t investigated the error further, but with what Qt5 version did you built it?

I have 5.5.1 installed.

It comes with Qt 5.8.0 in the lib/ directory.  Possibly I left a library out though.