ItemZed (updated 1.1b)

turbotutone

• 2 months later...

Eya, added version 1.3, which should fix the problem with errors during import.

Full list of changes:

FIXED file loading, should now ommit invalid txt files from scripts dir.
CHANGED most settings are stored in registery now instead of files.
CHANGED various outputs (logs, backups, temp&userdata etc) now defaults to "userorhomedir/.ItemZed/"
window.txt to force window size and position now generates in .ItemZed directory as well.
CHANGED some names in file menu to be more clearer.
ADDED some hot buttons on the select folder bar for open/close/save
CHANGED backups are now turned off by default, they can be turned on by going to folder settings and checking the backup tickbox at bottom.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hm, so, some basic questions about ItemZed and distribution:

-First, does the functionality still work? Reading the generated .lua seems pretty straight forward so I'm guessing it does.

-When I add new items to containers in this way, does it overwrite the container or does the DataManager merge any mods that touch the same container?

-What is the difference between this and the ProceduralDistribution lua method and is this preferable?

-If yes, can I just copy the code for appropriate containers and add in my own items?

-What it s the Rolls/chance value? A percentage?

Sorry for any too obvious things but I'm new to lua.

• 3 weeks later...

@turbotutone

[RU]

В ItemZed имеется ошибка из-за которой она не работает правильно у значительной части людей. Из-за этого она падает после "Reading file: uniquerecipes.txt". Для преобразования в число с плавающей точкой используется float.TryParse(str, out num). Но так как эта функция зависит от текущих параметров системы и десятичный разделитель может отличаться от ".", следует использовать eё перегрузку, например float.TryParse(str, NumberStyles.AllowLeadingWhite | NumberStyles.AllowTrailingWhite | NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign | NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint | NumberStyles.AllowThousands | NumberStyles.AllowExponent, new CultureInfo("en-US").NumberFormat, out num).

[EN]

In ItemZed there is an error due to which it does not work correctly for significant proportion of people. Because of this, the program crashes on "Reading file: uniquerecipes.txt". To convert a floating point number used float.TryParse(str, out num). But since this function depends on the current parameters of the system and the decimal separator may be different from ".", should use its overload, for example float.TryParse(str, NumberStyles.AllowLeadingWhite | NumberStyles.AllowTrailingWhite | NumberStyles.AllowLeadingSign | NumberStyles.AllowDecimalPoint | NumberStyles.AllowThousands | NumberStyles.AllowExponent, new CultureInfo("en-US").NumberFormat, out num).

Edited by Broddy

• 2 years later...

Hey,

So I am playing around with ItemZed to get how it works.. *just making a new generator for now*.. I was wondering how do i change the amount of fuel it has / it consumes.. how much it degrades by etc?

I have this so far *again this is something im just playing with to learn ItemZed better*

d7b2432c3d229a17ad396613ad5449a9.png

I go into Lua tab but not sure if thats editing this item or?

any help be great-full thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

ItemZed 1.3 (Full) and 1.3 (update) are unavailable. New to the modding area here and not sure if this item is no longer supported or is it now a different program. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: AS of 7/18/22 Link to full version seems to be working now

Edited by ironrock
Update

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Running into an error when reading UI2.pack on version 41.78.16 (current one on Steam as time of writing, outside of Betas). Happens even when creating a new mod from scratch using the program.

Reading TexturePacks.
f:/steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\texturepacks\

Reading file: UI.pack
Reading file: UI2.pack
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChar()
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.readString(BinaryReader binReader)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.loadFromPackFile(BinaryReader binReader, Int32 sn)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.readPackFile(BinaryReader binReader)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.Load(String path)
   at PzEditor.DataAccess.IO.DataImporter.readTextures(String texturePackFolder)
   at PzEditor.DataAccess.IO.DataImporter.Import(MediaFolderInfo mediaFolder)
Finished...

Trace doesn't contain info that would help me edit the UI2.pack to try and fix or workaround myself. Anyone knows how to deal with this?

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:45 PM, R4dioS1lence said:

Running into an error when reading UI2.pack on version 41.78.16 (current one on Steam as time of writing, outside of Betas). Happens even when creating a new mod from scratch using the program.

Reading TexturePacks.
f:/steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\texturepacks\

Reading file: UI.pack
Reading file: UI2.pack
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadChar()
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.readString(BinaryReader binReader)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.loadFromPackFile(BinaryReader binReader, Int32 sn)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.readPackFile(BinaryReader binReader)
   at MapMapLib.MMTextures.Load(String path)
   at PzEditor.DataAccess.IO.DataImporter.readTextures(String texturePackFolder)
   at PzEditor.DataAccess.IO.DataImporter.Import(MediaFolderInfo mediaFolder)
Finished...

Trace doesn't contain info that would help me edit the UI2.pack to try and fix or workaround myself. Anyone knows how to deal with this?

Faced with the same error, is there a solution?