Infinite Electricity

Baconlovar

So, I was playing with the very buggy but great "Survivors" mod and going back home from another run on the town to feed the bastards. My base is kinda far-ish so I have a lot of time to ponder. 

I had this idea that with another mod that let's you power up pumps at a gas station, you could potentially provide yourself with infinite power (assuming pumps are eternal) by constantly pumping gas to power a generator that pumps more gas. And with that you could have a stove and a fridge which is very nice late game.

However, most stations are wayyy too hot to even be possible to settle there, and even if you did the hordes are like next door at best.

They're are two candidates that might work

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.124853543595935,0.1653463045394055,37.27875926838711

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5630169141286475,0.14767317550013925,37.27875926838711

I know that the 2nd one might be hard to stake claim in but it might work assuming spawn rates won't be terrible
The 1st one though, idk I haven't been there... don't know if it is bad but I do know that that construction sight north of it is pretty swarmed, kinda close to hordes tbh, but it has a lake!

Has anyone else ever tried this before?
Thoughts?

Yes, I've stayed here a couple of times. Not such a populated area as one might think. It's the last thing before the open road, so zeds rarely go that way, they tend to roam deeper into town. I stayed somewhere safe until I had enough carpentry to build stairs and settle on the roof. Once you do that, you're set. Even if an helicopter comes, it won't do much if your defenses are decent.

The amount of gas in the pumps is finite, making the fact that you can't use it after the shut off even more annoying, since it's already somehow balanced. 

Thanks to the mod once i managed to make a supply run with a couple of players, it was amazing. Everybody walking, since one of them was moving a generator, there were tons of zed and half of the group baited them while the others refilled and handled the stragglers attracted by the noise, then we had to flee with zeds on us and most of the group slowed down by the weight, with a couple of casualties during the mission, but yeah, either the mod or no gas at all

1 hour ago, Livio Persemprio said:

Thanks to the mod once i managed to make a supply run with a couple of players, it was amazing. Everybody walking, since one of them was moving a generator, there were tons of zed and half of the group baited them while the others refilled and handled the stragglers attracted by the noise, then we had to flee with zeds on us and most of the group slowed down by the weight, with a couple of casualties during the mission, but yeah, either the mod or no gas at all

Sounds fun and straight from a novel or movie!

Wish I had zomboid-playing friends and a decent internet to play MP :'(

Archived