Possible memory leak or spawning issue.

josef733

I host a private server for me and my friends. Around 25-30 days into surviving, I start running into a rhythmic lag, every 30 seconds or so I experience a lag for about 1 second. It has nearly killed me.

Is it a memory leak after playing for about 13-15 hours? Maybe its because I've set stuff to respawn after 1 month (We're stationed at Twiggy's, near the gun store in West Point) and we are close to the centre of town.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Generally the server needs quite a bit of RAM for any more than 2-4 players. The longer it's up, the more it'll use.

So, it depends. How much  RAM do you have it set for and how may players do you have on?

If it is related to RAM, simply shutting it down and relaunching it should resolve it.

2 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

Generally the server needs quite a bit of RAM for any more than 2-4 players. The longer it's up, the more it'll use.

So, it depends. How much  RAM do you have it set for and how may players do you have on?

If it is related to RAM, simply shutting it down and relaunching it should resolve it.

I have 8 Gigs of RAM and I use 1GB (For whatever reason, the server wont allow me to start with 1.25GB). We are 3 people.

i had this happen on my private coop server, everyone playing on it experienced it (we used a lot of mods), we all increased the ram limit on our clients to 2-3gb and the problem went away

the default limit was 1024mb on 64-bit

Edited by Jason132

2 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

When starting the game, select the 64-bit mode.  That'll then let you pick a higher RAM value -- I'd go with 4 GB since you have the extra RAM.

Ahh of course, i'm just starting the game on the standard mode. Thanks for that :D

19 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

When starting the game, select the 64-bit mode.  That'll then let you pick a higher RAM value -- I'd go with 4 GB since you have the extra RAM.

I started with 2GB of RAM today, we played for about 4 hours. No problems anymore! Thanks!