Weight For Flashlight, Can Opener And Golf Club Need To Be Lowered

vonVile

The weights for the flashlight, can open, and golf club need to be way lower. I just happened to notice their weight numbers the other day and they're like 2-3 times heavy than what they should be.

Flashlight is listed at 2.0, which is the same as a baseball bat. I don't know if that includes the battery, which is listed at 0.6. A flashlight is just a hollow receptical to house the battery, so it should be way lighter. With battery installed it should be 0.8.

Also I don't know what battery can be that heavy. Looking at the flashlight design I'm guessing it uses a huge 6 volt, which the icon doesn't represent. The icon looks like an AA a battery. Things need to match what they represent.

_ _ _

Moving on to the can opener, it's listed at 0.6. I can understand that weight if it was electric, but this is a crank type. It should be 0.3.

_ _ _

I just looked up Golf Club and was surprised to see it at 4.0 with it being such a useless weapon. Like I already stated a bat is 2.0, so that should make a golf club 1.0.

I'm going to start merging every thread you make about weight balance from this point forward.

The weights for the flashlight, can open, and golf club need to be way lower. I just happened to notice their weight numbers the other day and they're like 2-3 times heavy than what they should be.

Flashlight is listed at 2.0, which is the same as a baseball bat. I don't know if that includes the battery, which is listed at 0.6. A flashlight is just a hollow receptical to house the battery, so it should be way lighter. With battery installed it should be 0.8.

Also I don't know what battery can be that heavy. Looking at the flashlight design I'm guessing it uses a huge 6 volt, which the icon doesn't represent. The icon looks like an AA a battery. Things need to match what they represent.

_ _ _

Moving on to the can opener, it's listed at 0.6. I can understand that weight if it was electric, but this is a crank type. It should be 0.3.

_ _ _

I just looked up Golf Club and was surprised to see it at 4.0 with it being such a useless weapon. Like I already stated a bat is 2.0, so that should make a golf club 1.0.

1. Flashlights start with batteries in them. Put 4 D-cells into a standard flashlight of the bygone age and you'll get something likely surpassing the weight of a bat. Images can be deceptive; for convience, one battery might represent many. But I do agree an empty flashlight shouldn't weigh very much, as most of the weight comes from the batteries themselves.

As to "things need to match what they represent," no. They really don't. They just have to be a decent approximation with the mechanics behind it to justify it, otherwise all abstraction is off the table.

2. Golf clubs can vary greatly in weight and can be up to three pounds. Bats can weigh no more than 3 (length - weightOunces), so probably under 2 lb for bats intended to be used in baseball . . .

2. Golf clubs can vary greatly in weight and can be up to three pounds.

As a former golf player, I can confirm this. One of the reasons for the weight difference is there is different sizes for children and adults. Now I can't say I know exact details about golf clubs, only that I've gone through three different sets due to my age at the time.

Not every weapon in the game can be or even should be great. That's the whole point of PZ, really. Every weildable object shouldn't be a +5 Katana of beheading.

Never said it should. There is a balance between a weapon being worth carrying because of weight and it's damage. If I have to lug a 4 pound weapon around I'm carry one I surely know will kill in 1-2 hits like the crowbar. Golf Clubs and Rolling Pins are just too risky to use when you have to hit zombies an average of 4-6 times to kill it.