Animations/Clothing Update Suggestions.

Icy Motto

I decided to gather up a lot of comments today on Youtube of people's suggestions for the clothing and animations update, shorten them up, and compile them in a single forum. Please note that all these ideas are from the majority of people, and not just from me. Giving you a heads up of what the community thinks should be added.

NOTE:This is not to add on to the current progress of the great, hard working, already busy, devs. I do not want them to take this as more pressure or work "To-Do".  These are just suggestions after all, not something that should be in the game if the devs wish to. There is already too much work being made by them, but i decided to do this anyways just to give more ideas. In case they want to add this AFTER the planned builds are fully out (speaking after build 1.0)

i don't want to delay the build release time...

Ok here we go...

Suggestions

-Zombies ignore you when having soaking blood wet clothes.

"Also imagine you got so much blood on you. The walkers will start thinking you are one of them because you smell like one. But the down side is that you will feel uncomfortable like walking makes you slower. Don't feel like eating before cleaning yourself up etc."

-Blood footprints.

-New showering/cleaning system.

"Maybe now showers and bathtubs will have some utility besides decorating and being used to fill water bottles. Also, wet bath towels should be useful as well.  showers will have use now with these bloods stains on player? mabye with soap you can get clean buff? "

Zombie clothing decay/variation.

"Strangely, all zombies wear perfect shoes... One might expect them to lose one boot or both after a while... And also, clothing has to have various levels of deterioration too... Right now all zombies look too fancy even with the blood cover on..."

-Wearing clothes with zombie blood can infect untreated wounds.

"Do you plan to add some sort of infection due to blood on your character? That chance being increased the more wounds/untreated wounds your character have."

-Zombies with certain clothes/equipment can't harm you.

"also recommend that zombies with a helmet are made unable to bite you, it would make sense if the same went for zombies with gloves on."

-New panic mechanic. (Already answered)

"when you fall over a fence, the "recovery" animation should be dependent on how high your panic is!! With high panic resulting in scrambling up again quickly and low panic being like "oh that hurt, gonna take a moment here." But it depends on panic level."

Another guy said:

"maybe they should scurry along the floor until they find their feet when trying to run, after being knocked/tripped over rather than lying on the floor. Or maybe even mash to bring them to their senses a bit faster."

Chris Simpson's answer:"Already a thing :D we have anims for scrambling across the floor trying to get up in a panic, scrabbling backwards on your ass kicking zoms in the face etc. It's gonna be ace but not 100% sure that'll make it into first version."

FAQ by the community

"You can't swing at more than one zombie anymore? Or are those animations being worked on?"

"Will this update impact my low spec pc badly?"

"Is this completely CPU dependent or can my GPU also handle some of the rendering?"

"Is there a way i can switch back to the old sprites or versions of the game?"

"The textures of the world look off and don't fit the character's models and clothing anymore. (in some people's opinion) Will you work to make shaders and improve them?"

;-)

I made this because i thought it would be good to get the people's major suggestions out to the people at the forums to see. I hope you understood this doesn't have to be implement if the devs don't want to... again i don't want to annoy them by any means. Thank you devs for working on such a great game! I appreciate your hard work, and time that you're putting into this game. I am looking forward to what the community thinks of this.

Thank you again.

An add on I have is kind of a biggie that i learned re-watched some of season three of The Walking Dead.

In this particular episode, they were killing zombies in the prison. After killing some, they noticed that a few were wearing civilian clothing. they figured either there was a breach, or that they were visitors that got killed when the prison was besieged by the zombie virus.

My idea from this was that zombies have to stay the same looking so you could gather intel on this. An example of how I know that doesn't happen is when I was patrolling the fence to my base. There was one zombie that was a ways off, and hadn't came over. I patrol my base a few times, and each time the zombie looked different.

1. She was a white woman and was blonde
  2. She was a white woman and had brown hair
  3. She was a black woman and was gray haired
  4. He was an elderly white man with grey hair and a sweater, which none of the others had.
  5. Finally, she was white and had gray hair

It would be great if this could be fixed, as it really kills immersion.

On 1/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, Capt.Motty said:

*snippity*

• Camouflage a hard no unfortunately and I think "reducing aggro radius" is still considered camouflaged.
  • Blood footprints would be neat as crap, but may also lead to the eating of the memory. (I'm speaking of accessibility of the game to the public, not if they can actually do it)
  • Hygiene is also a no. It says "(going to the bathroom, etc.)" and I assume the "etc." includes showering.
  • Zombie variation is already gonna be in! Just watch the previews with the new animations!
  • That's an interesting idea about the blood soaking into wounds. I think it would broaden the theory of what actually infects you from zombies, but also it may be game breaking. I mean you may have to change your shirt after killing just 1 zombie. One could argue that most blood would be congealed already, but then we'd lose that satisfying spray that we already love. And if it soaks through your clothes, I don't think a Bandaid would stop it, even if "treated". I think this one deserves a bit more critical thought of how to implement/balance, but is overall a very interesting idea.
  • I think this may fall in the "special infected" category. I don't know though! They're not really super human, they have more disability than ability. Not sure if it's something they'd consider.
  • Already answered.

Not sure about the FAQ section, I think to get those questions answered you may want to post them in the general section or go to the Discord chat to ask.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

*snip*sneep*

The zombies are not saved. When you leave the area they're packed up in a memory box, and when you re-enter they release them back in the same general spot, but they have to be re-rendered. I think the sheer mass of zombies and the fact that not everyone owns a super computer is what hinders the developers from making this "save x zombie in x place, where x is a unique zombie" scenario. Though it would be cool. This is brought up too with migration and spawning. (One day we will have the power though o.o)

On 1/13/2017 at 8:04 PM, Demonic_Kat said:
  • Camouflage a hard no unfortunately and I think "reducing aggro radius" is still considered camouflaged.
  • Blood footprints would be neat as crap, but may also lead to the eating of the memory. (I'm speaking of accessibility of the game to the public, not if they can actually do it)
  • Hygiene is also a no. It says "(going to the bathroom, etc.)" and I assume the "etc." includes showering.
  • Zombie variation is already gonna be in! Just watch the previews with the new animations!
  • That's an interesting idea about the blood soaking into wounds. I think it would broaden the theory of what actually infects you from zombies, but also it may be game breaking. I mean you may have to change your shirt after killing just 1 zombie. One could argue that most blood would be congealed already, but then we'd lose that satisfying spray that we already love. And if it soaks through your clothes, I don't think a Bandaid would stop it, even if "treated". I think this one deserves a bit more critical thought of how to implement/balance, but is overall a very interesting idea.
  • I think this may fall in the "special infected" category. I don't know though! They're not really super human, they have more disability than ability. Not sure if it's something they'd consider.
  • Already answered.

Not sure about the FAQ section, I think to get those questions answered you may want to post them in the general section or go to the Discord chat to ask.

The zombies are not saved. When you leave the area they're packed up in a memory box, and when you re-enter they release them back in the same general spot, but they have to be re-rendered. I think the sheer mass of zombies and the fact that not everyone owns a super computer is what hinders the developers from making this "save x zombie in x place, where x is a unique zombie" scenario. Though it would be cool. This is brought up too with migration and spawning. (One day we will have the power though o.o)

I get what you mean. It should at least stay with the special zombies that are coming up, like the ones in police uniforms or other special clothing.

On 1/13/2017 at 8:04 PM, Demonic_Kat said:
  • Already answered.

Oh well, atleast i tried lol. Just letting my thoughts free. I don't like having ideas stuck and hidden away in my mind.

4 hours ago, Capt.Motty said:

Oh well, atleast i tried lol. Just letting my thoughts free. I don't like having ideas stuck and hidden away in my mind.

Hey keep trying! I am, by no means, telling you that your ideas are bad at all.

There's a thread at the beginning of this section that says many of the things with firm no's on so I was just taking from there mostly.

I can answer some of the FAQ, but I may be wrong, so, please, correct me, if I am. :)

On 12.01.2017 at 2:41 AM, Capt.Motty said:

"Will this update impact my low spec pc badly?"

In some old thread there was a video from developer demonstrating new animations system running on old laptop. The framerate was pretty playable, though it was a while ago.

"Is there a way i can switch back to the old sprites or versions of the game?"

You can always switch to old builds by Steam or by downloading them somewhere (There was a thread here with R2 builds, or something like that). IIRC, "you can switch to sprites, but you'll miss a big portion of gameplay."

"The textures of the world look off and don't fit the character's models and clothing anymore. (in some people's opinion) Will you work to make shaders and improve them?"

Mash's secret mission of 2x textures was for that, no? By looking at the old and new videos of anims, I can say, that clothing became darker to fit the rest of the game. 

-New showering/cleaning system.

So, in "You got red on you" there was mentioned, that "Clothing that gets bloody will need washing or replacing, though when we code that in we’ll be sure to underline that blood stains are a nightmare to get out…", so there's that.

3 hours ago, Keshash said:

snip

Hey thanks for the info. Interesting about the clothing thing, I must have missed "You got red on you".

Also I the question about the textures looking off is in reference to the current state of the game where you can see through pants sometimes etc. I think the animation updates themselves will solve that problem since the models look to be changed.

3 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

Hey thanks for the info. Interesting about the clothing thing, I must have missed "You got red on you".

Also I the question about the textures looking off is in reference to the current state of the game where you can see through pants sometimes etc. I think the animation updates themselves will solve that problem since the models look to be changed.

Yup that's what i was referring too. So yeah thanks for clearing that up. All we have to do is wait until the release of IWBUMS with animations update really soon. As hinted more than enough in the most recent Mondoid. (Dead Territory) Thanks for your fredback on my thread. :)

6 hours ago, Keshash said:

I can answer some of the FAQ, but I may be wrong, so, please, correct me, if I am. :)

In some old thread there was a video from developer demonstrating new animations system running on old laptop. The framerate was pretty playable, though it was a while ago.

You can always switch to old builds by Steam or by downloading them somewhere (There was a thread here with R2 builds, or something like that). IIRC, "you can switch to sprites, but you'll miss a big portion of gameplay."

Mash's secret mission of 2x textures was for that, no? By looking at the old and new videos of anims, I can say, that clothing became darker to fit the rest of the game. 

So, in "You got red on you" there was mentioned, that "Clothing that gets bloody will need washing or replacing, though when we code that in we’ll be sure to underline that blood stains are a nightmare to get out…", so there's that.

Thanks for the answers :)