Zombie Respawn Needs Some Tweaking

TheWraithPlayer

I get that why zombies respawn, I really do, but an incident my character recently encounter just doesn't make sense. I've made the school in Rosewood my base, and have blocked of the low parts of the fence that lets zombies get behind the school. I just went out and found zombies in said space. I checked to make sure no windows were broken through and that my barricades hadn't been broken, and found that the just popped up out thin air. Things like this kill the realism for me. If you could fix this, that'd be great.

In my experience, zombies never spawn in closed locations or near you.

The system just does not work that way - anything you have seen is either a bug or has filled the criteria for a zed to appear there (there was another way to access the area, the area has not been seen for hours)

8 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

In my experience, zombies never spawn in closed locations or near you.

The system just does not work that way - anything you have seen is either a bug or has filled the criteria for a zed to appear there (there was another way to access the area, the area has not been seen for hours)

I've seen it in one of C Archers recent "let's play" YouTube videos. When he loaded the game, there was a zombie about two feet away from him

4 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

Also possible collision for a specific building is bugged -- someone found one or two tiles that allowed the player to hop through a solid wall, for example.

Hah, in fact, I think that was in Rosewood. Mind pointing it out on map.projectzomboid.com?

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.15135824813919282,0.13748512477963273,492.2235242952022

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.15445953168515777,0.13885854151963367,708.8018749850911

Edited by Kim Jong Un

9 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

Also possible collision for a specific building is bugged -- someone found one or two tiles that allowed the player to hop through a solid wall, for example.

Hah, in fact, I think that was in Rosewood. Mind pointing it out on map.projectzomboid.com?

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.16450511240057292,0.1504418617184898,85.59456430325756

I barricaded all of the broken windows and had blocked off the 2 low points in the fence. I've run up the fence many times killing zombies, never found a way out.

I love when they spawn magically near you in multiplayer.

I had cleared out an entire area (nothing was closed off yet as I was chopping trees) than I went back found just one killed it. I turned around (from the direction I had just come from) and magically a zombie was biting me. Now there is a large open space and no zombies were nearby. Trees were far enough that I could see clearly. Nothing was built in the area to block vision yet a zombie magically pops up. Killed it turn back around (to where I had just killed the first zombie and that zombies body was on the ground still) and there is another 2 zombies just standing there not moving really close to me.

This is rather annoying and it happens more often than you would think possible. Not sure about single player as I usually play multiplayer. (Even when alone in multiplayer when I am on a friends server. I like to steal all his food and move his stuff around when he is at work! :p)

On 1/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, wsensor said:

I love when they spawn magically near you in multiplayer.

I had cleared out an entire area (nothing was closed off yet as I was chopping trees) than I went back found just one killed it. I turned around (from the direction I had just come from) and magically a zombie was biting me. Now there is a large open space and no zombies were nearby. Trees were far enough that I could see clearly. Nothing was built in the area to block vision yet a zombie magically pops up. Killed it turn back around (to where I had just killed the first zombie and that zombies body was on the ground still) and there is another 2 zombies just standing there not moving really close to me.

This is rather annoying and it happens more often than you would think possible. Not sure about single player as I usually play multiplayer. (Even when alone in multiplayer when I am on a friends server. I like to steal all his food and move his stuff around when he is at work! :p)

If things like this are happening and there are holes in walls, they should be reported in the bug tracker so they can be addressed! They're buggiesssss help them squash them.

22 hours ago, Demonic_Kat said:

If things like this are happening and there are holes in walls, they should be reported in the bug tracker so they can be addressed! They're buggiesssss help them squash them.

Nope this is just what happens regularly in mp. They just magically show up real close to you sometimes after you turn around.

No need for anything nearby you kill one or two than turn around and there are some alive where there originally were none.

3 hours ago, wsensor said:

Nope this is just what happens regularly in mp. They just magically show up real close to you sometimes after you turn around.

No need for anything nearby you kill one or two than turn around and there are some alive where there originally were none.

So I had this problem and tons of lag when I ran it bare since 36 came out.  The lag has reduced significantly and the magically reappearing zombies have stopped once I put our customized server extension on it.  The server was almost unplayable without it.  Even as juiced as it is and only 10 players on it. 

It also stopped it from getting fatal errors and crashing every few hours. 

Edited by Paul Redeker

8 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

So I had this problem and tons of lag when I ran it bare since 36 came out.  The lag has reduced significantly and the magically reappearing zombies have stopped once I put our customized server extension on it.  The server was almost unplayable without it.  Even as juiced as it is and only 10 players on it. 

It also stopped it from getting fatal errors and crashing every few hours. 

Do you know what part of the server extension corrects this error?

7 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

I don't. It's something the coder I hired did to the server itself. 

Sounds expensive to hire a coder x.x

You should ask the coder what he did so perhaps that change could be implemented for other people or give the devs an idea on how to avoid the problem in the future.