Boy Scout Profession

vonVile

It would be great to have Boy Scout at profession in the game.

It would give you:

- The time of day without a clock, since they can tell time by the sun.

- Bonuses to: fishing, forging, blade maintenance, cooking, first aid, and trapping

Edited by vonVile

14 hours ago, vonVile said:

It would be great to have Boy Scout at profession in the game.

It would give you:

- The time of day without a clock, since they can tell time by the sun.

- Bonuses to: fishing, forging, blade maintenance, cooking, first aid, and trapping

I feel like that would be a pretty overpowered profession compared to what's in the game to be honest.

Also we already have "Boy Scout" as the "Former Scout" trait (it gives +1 First Aid & +1 Foraging for 6 points).

I feel like it's better as a trait rather than having it a profession considering characters are not children and it's by no means a career/profession. Having fishing, forging, blade maintenance, cooking, first aid, and trapping on one trait (or one profession even) would be way too much but luckily you can mix and match existing traits to get what you're going for pretty easily.

The cheapest way to get what you're looking while keeping your character Unemployed is to go with Angler, First Aider, Cook, Hiker and Handy. Then you could take bad traits like Slow Reader, Weak Stomach, Hearty Appetite, Slow Healer and High Thirst and it really wouldn't be bad at all.

I will say I love the idea of a trait or profession giving the ability to know time (or a roundabout time) without a watch though :)

It would also be nice if there was a trait or two for cheaper Blunt and/or Blade Maintenance, as right now the cheapest way to get either one of those with traits is by spending a lofty 8 points on Handy.

Edit: I went into the game to double check some things and remembered Burger Flipper can get you +1 Blade Maintenance and +2 Cooking for 6 points (but it of course takes up your only "profession" slot). So technically you can make this character a little cheaper with it by using it in place of Handy at 8 points and Cook at 6 points. Now you wouldn't need to take nearly as many bad traits and could go with something like High Thirst, Hearty Appetite and Slow Reader to balance out needing Angler, First Aider and Hiker still :)

Edited by Kuren