Got 2 scratches, can't sleep from the pain. Am I dead?

lucy the axe

Are there other ways to lessen the pain aside from painkillers? I tried reading a magazine but it only reduces stress.

I started Survival in Rosewood ("for a change", famous last words, right?) and got scratched twice, both infected now. I'm barely doing okay on food and need sleep to heal up, but the pain moodle won't let me sleep.

Currently holed up here and can't see any clinics on the map. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.15587715215700595,0.15286986280929035,162.88138475237767

I'm trying really hard not to go back to my comfort zone, Muldraugh, so Cortman Medical is a no. Assuming I can even go that far. :?

I'm not particularly attached to this save so if I'm almost surely dead, I'll just do something stupid for fun. Just curious about the pain moodle because I've never had that problem before.

2 hours ago, sadpickle said:

Fairly certain you're toast.

PaxtonGameOver.jpg

T_______T

1 hour ago, Keshash said:

Well, you could try eating some herbal stuff, if you can.

If not, well you could look at it's positive side. Like that, or better.

Thanks! I didn't take that trait but I'll try it on the next char right after I die ASAP.

9 hours ago, lucy the axe said:

Currently holed up here and can't see any clinics on the map. https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.15587715215700595,0.15286986280929035,162.88138475237767

There is no infirmary in the prison?  The prison and all schools ought to have basic first aid supplies. They might not actually in the game but they don't build schools or prisons without a nurses office or an infirmary in the real world.   

Wound infection is nothing. Sterilize the wound or apply a sterilized bandage or sterilized piece of cloth and it'll go away. Are wound infections even lethal? I've never had not even a minimal problem with wound infections.

If you heal up to maximum health and it says "OK" then you're good. If it says "Minor injuries" then you're dead.

9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

No painkiller in sight? Or even sleeping tablets, that'll help you sleep :P

None yet. I'm ashamed to admit that the scratches both happened on frigging Day 2... that explains the lack of supplies on my part. I'm trying to loot the houses nearby but it's slow going with the injuries. Half the time is spent running around lost in this new map. (Not complaining though! The challenge is fun!)

5 hours ago, Trojan_Turps said:

Sleeping pills and a large bottle of wine. It will stop all the hurting. 

:P

Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for wine or pills then. LOL DAMMIT YOU ALMOST GOT ME

3 hours ago, Invader Jim said:

There is no infirmary in the prison?  The prison and all schools ought to have basic first aid supplies. They might not actually in the game but they don't build schools or prisons without a nurses office or an infirmary in the real world.   

Thanks! I'll check the school, then prison and fire department. Those seem the nearest from where I'm holed up.

26 minutes ago, Geras said:

Wound infection is nothing. Sterilize the wound or apply a sterilized bandage or sterilized piece of cloth and it'll go away. Are wound infections even lethal? I've never had not even a minimal problem with wound infections.

If you heal up to maximum health and it says "OK" then you're good. If it says "Minor injuries" then you're dead.

I got Minor injuries, but I haven't the chance to max out my health yet. I don't have anything for sterilization :( I thought sleep can top up my health again, but all signs seem to point to toast.

I feel like this story is a perfect example of how passing out from extreme lack of sleep would help add to the game :P The final tired moodle already says you're in danger of passing out so you have plenty of warning and in this case it would actually help a bit since you can't sleep from the pain (even though when passing out from exhaustion like that I'm sure you wouldn't be able to sleep for too long before waking up from the pain again lol).

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

I feel like this story is a perfect example of how passing out from extreme lack of sleep would help add to the game :P The final tired moodle already says you're in danger of passing out so you have plenty of warning and in this case it would actually help a bit since you can't sleep from the pain (even though when passing out from exhaustion like that I'm sure you wouldn't be able to sleep for too long before waking up from the pain again lol).

I also had Very Tired moodle at that point and was wondering what would happen if the pain didn't go away. Would I pass out or would I remain awake from the pain until I could get some painkillers?

Someone ought to do an experiment which moodle wins out.

Just now, lucy the axe said:

I also had Very Tired moodle at that point and was wondering what would happen if the pain didn't go away. Would I pass out or would I remain awake from the pain until I could get some painkillers?

Someone ought to do an experiment which moodle wins out.

Sadly passing out isn't in the game at all right now :( So it's a moddle that never "wins out"

I'm really hoping they decide to put it in the game someday (maybe after animations drop) but last I heard there were no plans to add it, as I think RJ was saying the team felt like it took control away from the player and was unfair. I personally think it's more than fair though, as there are plenty of moodles that you can't ignore without big consequences, maybe even leading to death. The player can make the choice to sleep or not sleep and face the consiqueses just like they can for eating and hunger or any other moodle. I mean, you have to eat or you'll die just like you have to sleep or you'll pass out lol

I honestly thought for the longest time (until I read the dev posts mentioned above about it) that passing out was planned but one of those little things that just wasn't in yet, simply because I always saw the moodle description say it would happen :P

:o Passing out is not in the plan? I thought that was "we'll add it later when we've finished the other major features" together with back injury from being overburdened.

1 hour ago, Kuren said:

but last I heard there were no plans to add it, as I think RJ was saying the team felt like it took control away from the player and was unfair

You mean zombie-magnet-helicopters-from-hell doesn't take control away from us and isn't unfair? LOL

Joking aside, I hope they reconsider implementing passing out. It's such a clear player's action --> consequence thing.

On 1/4/2017 at 11:01 AM, Geras said:

Yes, I've even got infected from non-bleeding scratches.

Archived