no jump interact since build 35 help

nolanri

it seems that the change in build 35 which made it so you cant jump over a fence or out of a window from the 2nd floor or higher via the interact button "E" has litterly just disabled the functions:
player:hopFence(player:getLastdir() , false);
player:climbThroughWindow(window);

when on the 2nd floor or higher.
so this has made my survivors in the survivors mod not able to climb down sheet ropes

any way to re-enable this interact option like it was in b34 or some other way to force a player down a sheet rope via lua.
what file handles the right click "Climb over" option. i thought looking at that would be a start but no idea what file it is in.

The trick is right click to use. The reason for this is the sheer number of people who were falling out of windows and over railings because of the e button. I've been caught by hordes i was burning before, or bitten from a quiet zed in a closet, but most of my deaths are from falling. The disable of climb on the second floor has therefore been a huge help.

I think theres a way to force E climb but I'm not sure if thats legit. 

edit oh oops

Edited by thiosk
oops

Just now, thiosk said:

The trick is right click to use. The reason for this is the sheer number of people who were falling out of windows and over railings because of the e button. I've been caught by hordes i was burning before, or bitten from a quiet zed in a closet, but most of my deaths are from falling. The disable of climb on the second floor has therefore been a huge help.

I think theres a way to force E climb but I'm not sure if thats legit. 

I know why they disabled it,  my question is about lua modding not about how to climb down a rope without using E

Most of my problems was jumping over fences on 2nd floors. I liked to build fences on the roofs of any homes in the woods I built so I could use them for other things without walking off. However I screwed up lots and would hit E and jump over fences and out windows all the time haha. The only problems I have now with falling is when I don't pay attention or someone has removed a floor tile that you can't see.

I think what you are looking for is in "ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua", specifically this parts:

if sheetRopeSquare and getSpecificPlayer(player):canClimbSheetRope(sheetRopeSquare) and getSpecificPlayer(player):getPerkLevel(Perks.Strength) >= 0 then
		if test == true then return true; end
		context:addOption(getText("ContextMenu_Climb_Sheet_Rope"), worldobjects, ISWorldObjectContextMenu.onClimbSheetRope, sheetRopeSquare, false, player)
end

ISWorldObjectContextMenu.onClimbSheetRope = function(worldobjects, square, down, player)
	if square then
		local playerObj = getSpecificPlayer(player)
		ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISWalkToTimedAction:new(playerObj, square))
		ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISClimbSheetRopeAction:new(playerObj, down))
	end
end

5 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

I think what you are looking for is in "ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua", specifically this parts:

if sheetRopeSquare and getSpecificPlayer(player):canClimbSheetRope(sheetRopeSquare) and getSpecificPlayer(player):getPerkLevel(Perks.Strength) >= 0 then
		if test == true then return true; end
		context:addOption(getText("ContextMenu_Climb_Sheet_Rope"), worldobjects, ISWorldObjectContextMenu.onClimbSheetRope, sheetRopeSquare, false, player)
end

ISWorldObjectContextMenu.onClimbSheetRope = function(worldobjects, square, down, player)
	if square then
		local playerObj = getSpecificPlayer(player)
		ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISWalkToTimedAction:new(playerObj, square))
		ISTimedActionQueue.add(ISClimbSheetRopeAction:new(playerObj, down))
	end
end

thanks for the point to the file, thats what i was looking for.

but after looking at it. I dont think it helps me. since the problem is only going DOWN the sheet ropes not up.  The canClimbDownSheetRope bool detect stopped working it seems. anyway i'll try working with it for a while

Edited by nolanri