Question about non workshop mods

GoodOldLeon

Hi, I've hosted servers before, but It's my first time hosting a Steam one. I've loaded some maps and mods from the workshop and they all worked great. The thing is, I have 2 mods I modified specificaly for the server, and I don't know how to add them to the server since they don't appear on the list. Should I just add them manually via the .ini or is there another way?

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TheLeonBM said:

The mods privacy has to be set to public for them to work? I'm asking because I want to add some inside joke items for my friends and I don't want to clutter the community with things no other user would care about.

steam workshop has a wonderful search bar for a reason, besides, steams already cluttered with stupid shit, i mean, look at garry's mod.

20 hours ago, TheLeonBM said:

The mods privacy has to be set to public for them to work? I'm asking because I want to add some inside joke items for my friends and I don't want to clutter the community with things no other user would care about.

Public makes your mod available to everyone.

Friends-Only means only those on your friends list can see, subscribe and download this mod.

Private means only you or other added creators can use and modify this mod.

So, if they're on your friends list, just set the permission to Friends Only next time you upload it. Or, you can do this after submission by going to its workshop page.

Otherwise, feel free to upload it as public. No one will mind.