"Files not matching server" fix

Paul Redeker

Since a bunch of servers are experiencing this when mods change since the Build 35 Update.  4 fixes in order of ease. 

So one of these will fix it. Unsubscribe all your mods on the STEAM workshop/main menu of the game and join the server.

Or Exit Steam completely (File -> Exit) Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop Delete the act file with the number 108600 in it Launch Steam then try to connect again

Or the last most in depth fix Restart Steam. Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ and delete the ProjectZomboid directory. Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop\ and delete the 108600 directory as well as the 108600 manifest file. Go to %UserProfile% and rename the Zomboid folder Zomboid_backup In Steam, right click PZ -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify . . . *courtesy of Butterbot

Final nuke button.  Save your zomboid folder somewhere else.  Unsubscribe from all the mods on Steam. Delete the zomboid folder off your comp and the 108600 and reload the game. 

If you have a Mac your Steam folder is hidden.  You have to hold down the OPTION button in the GO folder for the Library to pop up. 
User/usernam/Library/application support/steam

Make sure you unsubscribe to all your mods on the STEAM WORKSHOP as well as on the Main Menu.  Best Current chance to fix

Edited by Paul Redeker

And if that doesn't work, congratulations -- Steam probably downloaded the workshop item without any files, somehow -- either on the server or on the client. There's currently no fix for it -- we're not sure if it's a consequence of Steam getting a little fussy during the Steam sale, or what, but would appreciate if people could confirm it by going to %ProgramFIles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop and checking the folders for an empty one.

Thanks for compiling/ordering my posts, I guess?

19 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

Thanks for compiling/ordering my posts, I guess?

Oh my lord.  Stop being so passive aggressive man.  

I don't wanna get into one of your drawn out things. 

It's a combination of fixes from servers.  I'll make sure to credit your input in the future. The community has a problem. There is a fix.  At the very least identify it so your customers who are frustrated know that it's at least identified. Maybe I missed a post about it in another thread.  But I think it deserves it's own one for a problem this big. So it's easy for people to search for a possible fix or the comfort of knowing that it's not just them. 

1 hour ago, Paul Redeker said:

Oh my lord.  Stop being so passive aggressive man. 

I'd like to be properly attributed when lifting content from my posts, that is all. Particularly if they're verbatim (which, as acknowledged, isn't the case above, but has already happened once).

1 hour ago, Paul Redeker said:

At the very least identify it so your customers who are frustrated know that it's at least identified. Maybe I missed a post about it in another thread.  But I think it deserves it's own one for a problem this big. So it's easy for people to search for a possible fix or the comfort of knowing that it's not just them. 

Thanks again. Though I'd caution promising it to be  a "verified" fix when this hasn't been working for others the past few days. I'd like to get the appropriate info from anyone affected by this new bug.

49 minutes ago, Butter Bot said:

I'd like to be properly attributed when lifting content from my posts, that is all. Particularly if they're verbatim (which, as acknowledged, isn't the case above, but has already happened once).

Thanks again. Though I'd caution promising it to be  a "verified" fix when this hasn't been working for others the past few days. I'd like to get the appropriate info from anyone affected by this new bug.

Make sure they have unsubscribed from all mods on the Steam Workshop and in the the game via Main Menu.  That fixed the remaining problems for players on Dead Pixels that it wasn't working for. 

22 minutes ago, Paul Redeker said:

Make sure they have unsubscribed from all mods on the Steam Workshop and in the the game via Main Menu.  That fixed the remaining problems for players on Dead Pixels that it wasn't working for. 

They did.

Steam then pushed an empty folder instead of the mod, over and over. It seems quite random as to which mod will be affected.

As said, new bug -- can even reproduce it on my other  computer.

On 12/24/2016 at 5:29 PM, Paul Redeker said:

Or Exit Steam completely (File -> Exit) Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop Delete the act file with the number 108600 in it Launch Steam then try to connect again

That fixed it for me. Left me with a little image bug on the character sheet, though. Every lvl on a skill you have is a certain image, can't make out what the image is. Seems harmless enough and doesn't seem to be affecting anything.

EDIT: Seem like ya have to delete 108600  every time you want to log back in after closing the game. Getting mismatch again.

Edited by Suede