Attempting to debug someone else's mod (multiple container related issues)

Storm6436

So I'm attempting to find a way to fix some bugs in one of the mods I'm using... primarily because I got 2.5 game months into my current playthrough before noticing what I now consider a show-stopper and as far as I can tell the original author isn't updating the mod based on the last update and login time.

I don't have any LUA experience, but I've had a number of jobs where being able to read code was beneficial.  Most of it makes sense, for values of sense...

Mod in question is the US Military Gear mod which I've grabbed off the steam workshop.  I'm presuming the guy posting it here is the same guy hosting it on steam (which might not be true.)

The bug in question I need to stamp out:
1.  Freezer containers do not appear in the loot window.  (Hey, I fire up this game maybe once a year, I didn't notice freezers were added until I hit the wiki for something yesterday :P)

The target of opportunity I'm curious about but can live with:
1. He has a number of items that are essentially body armor that are supposed to also function as containers.  As written, they function as containers but do not have weight reduction without being equipped.  (Pretty sure that's a feature)

Ideally, I'd like to be able to fix this on my own, but I'm a bit out of my depth here so any help would be much appreciated.

From my post in the linked thread:

1. Stuff like the IOTV *does* do WR if equipped in primary/secondary.    Which says to me that whatever function handles the WR, it's depending on equip status being true or something like that... so unless you override or alter that function we're probably not getting around that directly...

2. However I noticed all of the containers in the itemlist for the ALICE packs have "CanBeEquipped=Back,"  Are there other valid strings other than "Back" ?   I mean, if you could equip the IOTV like a shirt, then wouldn't that satisfy the must be equipped flag for WR?   Or is there something in the handling of clothing items that prevents them from being containers?

3. Mucking about in the quickaccesscontiners LUA and reading this thread, I can't help but wonder if the missing freezer bit is because he's overriding the container LUA and is missing an item.getitemtype line for freezers?

That said, that's about as far as my experience and motivation has taken me so far.  Curious if I might be pointed in the right direction.  Sadly, the massive Class index I found for modding doesn't give valid inputs for things like CanBeEquipped.

As far as I can tell, he's overriding the LUA for containers to get the IOTV type stuff to show up in the inventory as a container without being equipped, which seems to me to be causing most of the problems.  Any ideas or helpful hints for a newbie?

Edited by Storm6436