RELEASED: Build 36.4

RobertJohnson

Now that I get to play finally, I love the new areas! My only caveat is that travel is a bit annoying now. Expanding the map means walking even further. Some kind of transportation would be nice. Even if its just a simple bicycle or a Minibike. 

....or even a horse!

Edited by Kelefane

On 12/22/2016 at 1:55 PM, Geras said:

RIP time-saving walking in singleplayer.

yea. Not happy that this was taken out. traveling to new denver was a pain in the ass already with the pointless stretch of forest that the creator decided to add. travel just takes too long between the different towns in general. it would be fine if there was more stuff in between different areas of the map. As far as the vehicle mod goes, I've never used it but I saw a video of it on the mod page and the driving mechanics just seemed too clunky and out of place. I've never wanted cars in PZ. Bikes would be great. I know I'm not a very patient person, but this is a real bummer man  :-(

22 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

The main advantage of going far, far away is that others often don't follow.

So you pick regular encounters with not so nice fellows vs. one epic journey to New Denver. This also means better loot distribution: if everyone spawns in Muld, Muld becomes bare, then everyone is forced to spread out over time to collect (excessively horde) more supplies.

Yea the hoarding in mp can be really annoying.

I swear people loot anything and everything and then just drop it in some unknown spot/corner that no one will ever find unless by accident out in the woods.

Otherwise why would muld be almost completely empty. (Including garbage items that have no real use and are just world filler.)  I mean not a spoon/fork/pan in sight sometimes. (On redboid anyways have not played on many other servers lately.)

The only problem with custom maps is that sometimes loot does not respawn on them which means you get the jerks who run and loot the entire custom map section and hide the crap somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I once found a base in the middle of nowhere (only ran through the section to take a shortcut and avoid zombies/kos persons) that was filled with just garbage items. Nothing but the items that have no use in the game.

Problem is, if I let this in, you can abuse it, because of the time passing really fast, you avoid some colision calcul because it's done once per tick and you may have passed a wall already. Which means lot of abuse possible, so yes, it's a bummer, but so far I can't see how I can avoid this abuse without doing this...

4 hours ago, wsensor said:

Otherwise why would muld be almost completely empty. (Including garbage items that have no real use and are just world filler.)  I mean not a spoon/fork/pan in sight sometimes.

To quickly give insight to this: It´s good to loot everything from a container! Depending on how the serversettings are a container must have less than x items present to respawn loot. If you leave all the "useless" items in there the threshold might not be reached and thus nothing will spawn in there.

19 minutes ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

To quickly give insight to this: It´s good to loot everything from a container! Depending on how the serversettings are a container must have less than x items present to respawn loot. If you leave all the "useless" items in there the threshold might not be reached and thus nothing will spawn in there.

Hello! It has been a long time. We are waiting for the next update for "coxis shop".

On 12/22/2016 at 7:59 AM, RobertJohnson said:

On 12/22/2016 at 7:59 AM, RobertJohnson said:
  • For now used only on Cigarettes which will require either a lighhter or matches

I just tried this and I am still able to smoke without a lighter or matches and even with them in my inventory theres no reduction in uses for my matches or lighters. This is with a saved game started in the v36 beta.

Also experiencing that logic issue. Perhaps a better solution would be to cut the weight so it fits in 40? I can see why using nearby pieces on the ground can be a handful to code (especially if you have to seperate different kinds of similar-named furniture). Having it use less weight (but still a lot) would potentially be an efficient solution.

Also, wood stoves are meant to use wood (like a fireplace), not electricity. It seems all that work to make the wood stove work like a wood stove was reverted.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Found two areas where the player can climb through the wall. Don't have coordinates, however both of them are in Rosewood.

3C70798F2BF23FC85DBD6F438878EA0A95BF0120

You can climb in and out through the TV set here. It's in one of the homes that is fenced off.

2643FDC522EF57E0880588E69845A897694C8616

Doctors office. Can climb through on one side.

@turbotutone

There's a fair amount of furniture missing from the update, just thought I'd share a few

1. The bench with the plastic/stone bottom (you can grab the alternative wooden variant as well as the plant fixture of the same kind, also seen in the picture.) Also, possibly an oversight, this kind of floor cannot be picked up either.

F6CF1CE81C0365BD62A113538A56B62EFEF19B9F

2. The room divider is one that got missed.

9CD8D518350ACEBEC98CBF8ADEEBF279FDD6CC90

3.  Not pictured, but the mahogany-looking variant of the office desk also cannot be picked up. The L-shaped desk of the same color also cannot be interacted with.

4. The multi-tile low bookshelf (not pictured). They can be picked up however the game thinks that the two-tile and the three-tile variant are the same thing. You can see this when the game highlights a third tile when trying to interact with the two-tile variant.

5. Jail cell furniture in the prison (counter, wall-hanging bed and toilet) cannot be picked up. Could be intended but I thought I would share anyways.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Found two areas where the player can climb through the wall. Don't have coordinates, however both of them are in Rosewood.

Check this out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515075184&searchtext=coordinates

I have been using it ever since Rosewood came in to note down teleportation coordinates but it seems it might come in handy in such occasion as well. Don't let the chinese language in the pictures scare you, it works perfectly fine.

Edited by AceFromSpace
Removed images from quote for clarity and easiness of reading