Dead Pixels: OUTBREAK Build 35 Restart 12/20/2016
2 2

174 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2017 at 10:09 AM, Tripp said:

Cons: They have some 3rd party chat that is broadcasted into the the global chat of the game. You can't turn it off unless you mute the entire global. I can see the program being helpful for announcements that's related to the server and the game.  The reality is it is just nonstop spam of nonsense by people not even playing the game which can make it annoying for people actually trying to play. T

New chat system is up!

As always we take concerns of the player base and do what we can to address them.  Our new system gives you the ability to change the transparency of the chat box, have a private faction chat, private message anyone, non English speaker chats and the ability to turn off the Discord bot in global.   Check out the illustration for more information.  Our resident coder worked hella hard to get this up and running over the last 2 months and also provided a backbone for some other features to be implemented down the road.   Give love the the ever amazing Jab. 

5941d22bc6743_Chatboxexamples.thumb.jpg.76852aa031990366ba9f4f41282affc1.jpg 

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.10.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 12.10.21 AM.png

Edited by Paul Redeker

New SAFEHOUSE rules 

Safehouses can now be claimed by players.  Anywhere on the map that is not a loot point of interest (IE the apartments over the hardware store in WP, or any apartment over a medical area, gun store, warehouse, etc.)  If  you have a question, ASK.  Otherwise I'll just release your safehouse without warning.   1 MORE THING.   Your character will have to survive for 3 DAYS in game before you will be allowed to claim a place.   Safehouse will last for 7 days IRL if you don't visit it.  Everytime the safehouse owner visits, the clock resets.

PVE zones still remain in South New Denver and Rosewood.  

Player safehouse claiming fixed.  Turned on the option for players, but I forgot to turn of the admin only option.  Which obviously overrides it.   Go forth, survive and claim your place!

Brief overview

Don't claim over high value loot areas, I'll just remove your claim (example, apartments over stores)

You can't claim player made structures, game doesn't allow it

Must be deemed a residential building. 

Building must have a bed, game rule

You can't claim spawn points

You must clear the building of living zombies and have none or no other player within 2 squares of the building to claim it.  It will say "occupied" until you do.

Mod maps are hit or miss with safehouse game claiming rules.  So good luck.

The game will give you notes when you try to claim.

Edited by Paul Redeker

A great representation of the server settings

It's a zombie game.  Zombies should present a challenge.

They get tougher if you try to trait traded (underweight, weak, easily panicked, conspicuous, noises)

They are super tough, and real good at spotting you if you are careless. They don't have super hearing though. 

The zombies are not impossible to kill with melee.  But you have to hone your skills and choose your weapons based off that. 

If you want to run around buck wild as a fresh spawn and a bunch of negative traits, you're gonna have a bad time. 

There are plenty of other servers with overflowing loot, paper zombies for you to play on.  

For the rest of you tough enough, brave enough and save enough....  Welcome to the Apocalypse! 

594b15043125b_Discord1.jpg.c658c90056a2bb5370083454f4a7bfb2.jpg594b150edc2c2_Discord2.jpg.208ab88de34e81fef7349c455127ce09.jpg

Edited by Paul Redeker

Albie   

Server is progressing well, groups have settled in various areas, and rogue players stalk the woodland and side streets looking for the helpless and afraid. The undead hordes are large, but starting to weaken. Won't be long until we will start to get the upper hand over the hordes!

Albie   

Hey all, thought I'd actually post in the first time in forever. Currently looking for people to join me on the server I play on. Wanting to try and get more players active in the game again! If anyone is interested,  join Dead Pixels and ask for Damon Rose. Thank you again all, hope to see you soon.

19 hours ago, Albie said:

Hey all, thought I'd actually post in the first time in forever. Currently looking for people to join me on the server I play on. Wanting to try and get more players active in the game again! If anyone is interested,  join Dead Pixels and ask for Damon Rose. Thank you again all, hope to see you soon.

Folks show up again all the time - you know where I hang out Damon: drop by! (No srsly, still too many zeds) New folks should definitely drop by: yeah, the server isn't set on "easy" but the admin both sane and drama free AND new (or really beat up) folks are well taken care of in the PVE areas. Cool people outside of 'em too. Sure, SOME of 'em might be shoot at you but hey, zombie apocalypse. (You might even make friends w/ em later anyway.)

1 hour ago, wanderinbilly said:

Folks show up again all the time - you know where I hang out Damon: drop by! (No srsly, still too many zeds) New folks should definitely drop by: yeah, the server isn't set on "easy" but the admin both sane and drama free AND new (or really beat up) folks are well taken care of in the PVE areas. Cool people outside of 'em too. Sure, SOME of 'em might be shoot at you but hey, zombie apocalypse. (You might even make friends w/ em later anyway.)

Harder server settings makes my life easier.  Keeps the trolls and drama llamas away. The players that stick around are tough, self sustaining folk.  I especially don't have time for coddling in the summer when I'm out and about on mountain adventures.  

6 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

Harder server settings makes my life easier.  Keeps the trolls and drama llamas away. The players that stick around are tough, self sustaining folk.  I especially don't have time for coddling in the summer when I'm out and about on mountain adventures.  

Harder server settings honor the spirit of the game, i.e. "this is how you died." I appreciate it when you mitigate the damage of my recklessness and...well, just an unfinished (abandoned?) game. I try to keep that rare. Fortunately I can also count on other players to bail me out or lend a hand. I try to do the same: I try never to have to little not to share. Paying attn to other players (of various abilities) and learning HOW they're surviving is much more useful than moping and wow, you just might have to alter your playing style. Srsly, if *I* can stay alive (let's not talk about lately) it's just *not* that f'in hard.

Edited by wanderinbilly

The "Coffin Club" bar has been opened in Rosewood. Everyone is welcome to visit in this PVE zone.

Food
Food is free for those who need to eat or drink. If you have extra food please donate to the food bank.

Books
A library can be found in the bar. Anyone is free to come and read. Books must stay inside the bar however. IF you have any books to donate please add to our library!

Sanctuary
The bar is owned by the Sanctuary faction. If you have any questions or even wish to join Sanctuary please contact our leader, Meganrose.

Hope to see you soon!

9 hours ago, Hydromancerx said:

The "Coffin Club" bar has been opened in Rosewood. Everyone is welcome to visit in this PVE zone.

Food
Food is free for those who need to eat or drink. If you have extra food please donate to the food bank.

Books
A library can be found in the bar. Anyone is free to come and read. Books must stay inside the bar however. IF you have any books to donate please add to our library!

Sanctuary
The bar is owned by the Sanctuary faction. If you have any questions or even wish to join Sanctuary please contact our leader, Meganrose.

Hope to see you soon!

5966c9b30a6f9_Hydrosbar.thumb.jpg.4b116fe4d26021a6c933496bb6e2af63.jpg

Finally had to reset the zombie population.  Crawling zed spawn houses were out of hand.  SO now you have a fresh, strong zed population to deal with. Sorry peeps.  

Fire is on.  You have 3 weeks roughly to get your affairs in order before a map wipe.  I'll post new season details sometime before Sunday.   

But you will be limited to 1 character and you will be able to bring one character over for the new season.   It will be more reality based.  But as a compromise, I'm allowing the 1 toon carry over for those who invested in it, to reduce the strain on limited resources on the map and help a community/trade zone get started. 

DeadPixels:SURVIVAL

Edited by Paul Redeker

Make sure you are packed up by Midnight west coast time on the 2nd of September to be safe.  If you want to make sure you carry over your character inventory for the new season. 

13 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

2 Down, 1 to go! ;) 

Pauls bunker.jpg

(PS. Paul is a huge troll, he left all this dank canned food but not a can opener)

That looks way cooler without my Cat Eyes. 

And just shoot the cans open with the guns in the bunker. 

Yes it was very spooky to look at indeed! Also you're right! You left me enough guns for a small African nation to arm safely so I could just pull out one of my MP5s and shoot it open! Lovely idea!