Dead Pixels: OUTBREAK Build 35 Restart 12/20/2016
2 2

148 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, BayCon said:

I just lurked through most of this thread and this server looks amazing. So many creative things and unique experiences!

You are in luck then if you want to catch a fresh start.  May 12/13th is the first hard reset in 6 months.   Then begins the DEAD PIXELS: BADLANDS season.

http://deadpixels.freeforums.net/

BayCon and Albie like this

Added Monroeville.  Check it out to get the lay of the land before the reset.  Head south on the main highway past South Muldraugh. 

Posted (edited)

Reset info.  I'll start wiping the map when I get home from work on the 12th.  It'll take a few hours best case scenario to wipe and work out any kinks.  So you can expect best case scenario to be up and running 10PM Eastern Standard Time.  I'll post up on the DeadPixel Forums when it's live first.  Then on here.  Working on some new things to push out info in game when you log in to the server as well as a new chat system that hopefully be up when the new season starts.  I'll be releasing info on th DP forums first as well as broadcasting information over radio freqs.  You'll have to find the freqs on player bodies, in containers or on the forums. So always have a radio running. 

May 12/13th is the Reset date.  Fri night starting the wipe. 

59079e5b16539_Chatexample.png.cb73558ac4d6b183849e3f17889d4024.png

http://deadpixels.freeforums.net/thread/2/dead-pixels-badlands-story?page=1&scrollTo=7

Edited by Paul Redeker
Albie likes this

On 4/24/2017 at 9:09 AM, Tripp said:

I played on this server for two weeks and was pretty active to get a good feel of what it is like. 

Pros: Most of the players are nice and helpful.  Although I personally didn't encounter any jerks, I'm sure this server has it's fair share.

Cons: Too many guns and ammo makes the game almost trivial. They have some 3rd party chat that is broadcasted into the the global chat of the game. You can't turn it off unless you mute the entire global. I can see the program being helpful for announcements that's related to the server and the game. The reality is it is just nonstop spam of nonsense by people not even playing the game which can make it annoying for people actually trying to play. The player base is also pretty low, around 6-7 tops on average.

The admin seems to  be real petty and confrontational. I listened to him argue with some guy for an hour and repeatedly make personal attacks on the guy. I was shocked when I found out this was the owner and admin of the server. Very unprofessional and sounds like he has some mental issues.

Not really a fun server to play on. Too many drama queens on the 3rd party chat and the admin issues I mentioned.

I do think that there are a ridiculous amount of guns right now but folks still manage to die. I'd prefer hordes of zeds thundering across the landscape and threatening the PVE area. Still, the reset is coming, and it's well known that there will be less guns next chapter.

Calling the admin confrontational and petty is just asinine. Honestly. He has 50x the patience that I do and is *always* helpful to players. I heard stories when players came over from other servers, and the crap they talk about doesn't happen on Dead Pixels. This is easily observed if you just hang out of an hour or three - I mean, yeah, it's all in the chat logs but that would be boring. =)

I'm guessing that the "hour long tirade of abuse" was w/ a player that he knows well. There are resident trolls of course.

If administration is important to you, then this is your server. 

Paul Redeker and Albie like this

On 5/1/2017 at 2:08 PM, wanderinbilly said:

Calling the admin confrontational and petty is just asinine. Honestly. He has 50x the patience that I do and is *always* helpful to players. I heard stories when players came over from other servers, and the crap they talk about doesn't happen on Dead Pixels. This is easily observed if you just hang out of an hour or three - I mean, yeah, it's all in the chat logs but that would be boring. =)

I'm guessing that the "hour long tirade of abuse" was w/ a player that he knows well. There are resident trolls of course.

If administration is important to you, then this is your server. 

It was probably the well known (redacted), who really only got on the server towards the end to be confrontational for their entertainment.  They are more then capable of handling the back and forth. I usually don't engage because of the perception newer players could get.  But at a certain point I will fire back if I know you can handle it.  They have been unbanned from another server now.  So they don't bother with us anymore.  I do take infinitely more shit then most servers will tolerate.  So if I do shoot back or on the rare occasion have to ban a person, you should look at yourself in the mirror.  I understand some players get very attached to their characters, so they might lash out.  And others love to stir the shit, just to stir the shit because it's the internet.  So I give a long leash before I let players hang themselves. This season I may be quicker on the ban hammer if you start pissing off the server or berating another player.  Feel free to attack me all day though. Haha.  

Alive Inside likes this

36 hrs in and some some communities are slowly coming together both in the Safezones and outside.  Zombies are causing progress to be slow.  I like it.  

Zero PVP kills so far and not one bandit has claimed a stake in the BADLANDS...

wanderinbilly likes this

Paul, if you spam the same promotional messages on both the Reddit sub and here, your advertorial  will be locked for a week.

Space yourself out a bit if you must bump  your own threads.

18 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Paul, if you spam the same promotional messages on both the Reddit sub and here, your advertorial  will be locked for a week.

Space yourself out a bit if you must bump  your own threads.

It's not spamming when he does a countdown to the reset. People have been looking forward to it happening and follow his posts. He also posted an update on how the server is doing. Keeping people up to date isn't spamming.  Please reconsider the way you view things. kthx.

wanderinbilly likes this

7 minutes ago, Peppapoofle said:

It's not spamming when he does a countdown to the reset. People have been looking forward to it happening and follow his posts. He also posted an update on how the server is doing. Keeping people up to date isn't spamming.  Please reconsider the way you view things. kthx.

That's not your call to make.

Back in the day any bumping at all wouldn't have been accepted.

Please don't ruin it for everyone.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:09 AM, Peppapoofle said:

Oh yeah, I was following it closely: not much point in playing until it's done and didn't want to be late to loot specific places/find a base etc. I kinda had to schedule it into IRL so I'd want to know about delays. It was so cool seeing players come back after a long time. So folks were obviously paying attention. I got to play w/ a buddy from another server for the first time in more than a year...years?  As usual it's a great choice of mods and, especially maps so there's room for everyone. Oh. The new fancy books. Those I hate. Good job Paul (and Jab) and thanks again.

Albie and Peppapoofle like this

You guys have your own forum and Discord to post up-to-the-minute info on.

This sub-forum really just exists for the occasional advertisement to be posted and is, in effect, a relic now that most of the audience has moved to the Steam discussion group. As you can see by the frequency of posts by other server admins, this makes Dead Pixels the loudest person in the room right now.

If other servers do the same thing, they'll be asked to cool it, as well.

2 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You guys have your own forum and Discord to post up-to-the-minute info on.

This sub-forum really just exists for the occasional advertisement to be posted and is, in effect, a relic now that most of the audience has moved to the Steam discussion group. As you can see by the frequency of posts by other server admins, this makes Dead Pixels the loudest person in the room right now.

If other servers do the same thing, they'll be asked to cool it, as well.

Got it. I'll keep it to weekly updates.  Here and on the Steam Discussion group.  

EnigmaGrey likes this

I'm glad not everyone abandoned this relic. Not being registered on reddit or discord, not familiar with steam forum, like an idiot I still come to IndieStone forum for PZ information.

Thanks for the updates Paul.

Keep TIS forums involved with Project Zomboid!