Dead Pixels: OUTBREAK Build 35 Restart 12/20/2016
2 2

148 posts in this topic

UPDATED INFO AS OF THE 1 MAR 2017 WHITELIST SCRUB

2 Character limit

Server info

Located in New York

Main Mods: Hydrocraft/ORGM/MoreBuild/Chainsaw/Pump Power/Silencers/More Zombie loot

PVP/KOS allowed.  The Walking Dead Prison PVE area.  Dixie West and East Trailer parks are PvE and safe house available areas. Safehouse will hold for 7IRL days before being released. Every time you log in you reset the timer.   1 per Steam ID.  Castle Doctrine applies for Dixie members applies.  Interior property is not to be destroyed.  Exterior walls are not to be destroyed.    Bringing hordes, stealing from the public accessible areas, and camping the outskirts IS allowed.  

Dixie is located here .  Head there if you would like to team up, learn the ropes, build some starting items in the workshop.  But be careful.  The obvious routes may be watched by bandits.  YOU ARE WARNED.  But once you make it into the PvE zone you are safe. 

Loot Settings from the get go

Food: Rare

Other loot: Uncommon

Weapons:High

Respawn- Every 6hrs IRL/ 2 days in game/3 hours = 1 In game day

DISCORD BOT INTEGRATION- You can read and chat in global from out of game from our DISCORD Server #Public chat room
https://discord.gg/erGXZzD

Zombies Mixed Forest and Urban Focus

Zombies set to above average population

Zombies are on MAX toughness and have pinpoint eyesight

Farming and Refrigeration will be boosted due to rare food

(EX: cabbage takes about 11-12hrs to seed bearing IRL)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So after countless hours of trying to make the server work after the update.  So we've decided to wipe the map and change the maps.  New Build, new thread to keep the stories separate.  Click here for the 1st season.   Wipe will happen around 8PM Eastern Standard time tomorrow  20 Dec.

Server info

New York

Main Mods: Hydrocraft/ORGM/MoreBuild

PVP/KOS allowed.  The Walking Dead Prison will be a PvE area.  
Loot Settings from the get go

Food: Rare

Other loot: Uncommon

Weapons:High

Respawn- Every 6IRL/2 days in game/3 hours = 1 In game day

DISCORD BOT INTEGRATION- You can read and chat in global from out of game from our DISCORD Server #Public chat room
https://discord.gg/erGXZzD

Zombies Urban focused, Average except pinpoint eyesight

Farming and Refrigeration will be boosted due to rare food

Who would have thought I'd be reliving my Army days? I swore I was done with this bullshit when I got booted 5 years ago.  Administratively Discharged for "Anger Management" issues.  I guess that's what Uncle Sam calls it when you knock out a Major who got too handy with a young Sergeant.  It was worth it though.  Bet he thought twice about doing it again as they picked his bloody face off the floor of the NCO club.  His face is fucked for life.  Broke his jaw in one punch like a turkey wishbone.  Always brings a smile to my face.  He's probably zombie food by now anyway.  He wasn't to keen to get his ass out of the office and out in the field with his troops.   But here I lay on this shitty government issue cot.  Reliving the glory days in this make shift Refugee camp south of Muldraugh.  Fucking imbeciles in Washington thought they could stop the undead by carpet bombing the fucking city.  Lot of good that did.  New Denver is gone and the zeds are still on the march. And these assholes started a day earlier than they anounced on the radio.  I barely had a chance the chance to grab my go bag.  Pistol, 10 boxes of ammo and a few MREs are all that I have to my name now.  Took me a days walk to make it to the Kentucky Army National Guard Refugee camp. I need some fucking sleep.  It's been a grueling few days in this hell.  I'll see what supplies I can rustle up from the Joes here.  They are always a sucker for a woman, even more so in the Apocalypse.  I've heard rumors since I got here there is a pretty good community up at the prison not too far up the road.  Sounds like they are pretty well prepared to hold off the undead and told the military to fuck off.  Sounds like my kind of people.  Guess I should get some sleep.  Seems pretty chill here for how fucked up the world has become.   Welcome dream land.....

*The distant whomp of chopper blades in the distance heading overhead*

Those dumb fuckers must not be done wasting ammo and bombs in New Denver.  At least they aren't stealing my taxes anymore to waste on this shit. I'm going back to sleep...

*Susan is rocked awake by a huge explosion.  She runs outside.  The wreckage of burning Blackhawk helicopter is in the the fence.*

"Fuck!  Those assholes hit the fence!" I grab my bag again.  The Joes are in a panic.  I have to put the burning pilot out of his misery as the flesh melts off him.  He would have burned the whole place down.  I guess flaming zombies are way more frightening then your average dead head.  It's time for me to get the fuck out of here.  This is sure to draw a undead party, and the Joes ain't prepped for this shit.  Guess I'm gonna have to head to the prison a bit earlier than expected.  Just got to dodge all of Muldraugh's undead citizens that are surely headed this way now. I guess a good night sleep is too much to ask anymore.  And right on cue.  The countless moans of the undead over the flickering of the flames.   Stupid Joes are worried about putting out the fire.  No one is thinking about the horde that is about to descend on them.  This is gonna be a bloodbath.   Not my problem.  Guess it's time I stayed gone from the Army for good....

zombie-slayer-by-digitalcarbine.jpg

Dead Pixels Outbreak Map 11Feb.jpg

Edited by Paul Redeker
Updated info as of March 1st
EUDOXIO, Alive Inside and Sy Rhee like this

The Military Survivors are going to knock on the prison door. The only area where new survivors feel safe and where old running survivors came to seek sanctuary. Whether the military are friendly or hostile only time will tell... Humanity have a history of breaking apart when basic necessity is scarce. CATCH IT NEXT! ON THE NEW SEASON OF DEAD PIXELS: OUTBREAK!

Queen Glory likes this

Sky bases banned? Think I'll create a carp after the reset if they aren't. Seems like hiding crap behind trees ain't gonna work for me anymore now ya can see behind them.

1 hour ago, Suede said:

Sky bases banned? Think I'll create a carp after the reset if they aren't. Seems like hiding crap behind trees ain't gonna work for me anymore now ya can see behind them.

I'm not a fan of them.  But I won't ban them.  I'll wait for TIS fixes it in game. 

2 hrs until Hard Reset

2 hours ago, Paul Redeker said:

I'm not a fan of them.  But I won't ban them.  I'll wait for TIS fixes it in game. 

2 hrs until Hard Reset

Wait you kind hide your shit in the trees no more? WHAT THE FUCK? how am I supposed to make my secret lair now?

Hard reset completed.  Only Vanilla maps up right now.  Mod maps show loaded on the server startup but are not showing on the game.  I dunno.  Loot and build, just not in those areas.  Might get crushed whenever I figure this shit out. 

Current update.
California and South Muldraugh are GOOD

Bedford is there and not....BUT THE PD AND BASE ARE IN if you can find it.

The Walking Dead Prison IS UP. ANd a PvE zone. Well/Smelter/Kiln/Mne to get the community started.

Drayton and Phoenix in the shadow building realm. Half of Drayton is still good though

So one of these will fix it. Unsubscribe all your mods on the STEAM workshop/main menu of the game and join the server.

Or Exit Steam completely (File -> Exit) Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop Delete the act file with the number 108600 in it Launch Steam then try to connect again

Or the last most in depth fix Restart Steam. Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ and delete the ProjectZomboid directory. Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\workshop\ and delete the 108600 directory as well as the 108600 manifest file. Go to %UserProfile% and rename the Zomboid folder Zomboid_backup In Steam, right click PZ -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify . . . *courtesy of Butterbot

Final nuke button.  Save your zomboid folder somewhere else.  Unsubscribe from all the mods on Steam. Delete the zomboid folder off your comp and the 108600 and reload the game. 

If you have a Mac your Steam folder is hidden.  You have to hold down the OPTION button in the GO folder for the Library to pop up. 
User/usernam/Library/application support/steam

Make sure you unsubscribe to all your mods on the STEAM WORKSHOP as well as on the Main Menu.  It'll work then. Verified. 

Edited by Paul Redeker

So there is always "that guy".  So let it be clear.  You grief the PvE zone by sledging holes in floors or walls it's ban land for you.   You got beef with someone who resides there?  Catch them in the PvP zone and attack them.   If they never leave, well find another target or go take a nice hike in the woods and reflect on the meaningful things in life.

Always remember that this is a Publicly accessible server, funded by me.   Piss me off, make my life painfully by searching through hours of logs, attempt to drive players away from the server and you go to the abyss.  Heavy lies the crown...something about it's a privilege, not a right. Yada Yada. 

Queen Glory likes this

What's the opinion on poison in the pve zone or more deceptive forms of conflict? IE, someone leaning over a ledge can I give them a shove? Text based fist fights? Don't want to seem like I am breaking any rules on purpose but in the beautiful world of RP. Just trying to get an idea of the exact rules.