Different tree types per region

xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

I am working on an USA map and after tons of blood sweat and tears I have finally managed to resize and 'shapeshift' an usa biomass map as mainland, and I found something called minimal maps which has each individual type of growth in the states mapped out (decidious cover, evergreen cover, grass cover etc) now I've got those overlayed on my mainland map ready to do some recoloring to recreate an about 10:1 recreation of the states but my main problem right now is that I have no idea how to make the decidious cover represent on the map as decidious forests on the east and evergreen / fir forests on the west side of the map.

Does anyone know how I can do that? Preferably with the .veg map.

Im using thuztors mapping guide for the image colors ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69737873/PZ/Sonstiges/mapping/Mapping Guide_v0.2.pdf )

My idea was making the evergreen forests on the west

" Trees - 255, 0, 0 Trees + dark grass - 127, 0, 0 less trees + more dark grass - 64, 0, 0 ",

and making the decidious forests on the east

"bushes, trees and dark grass - 255, 0, 255"  

However my computer only has like 4somethings of RAM(..?) and the map I got on gimp is like 9000x7000 something pixels so it all uses all of my ram and my computer snails down to snail pace and it takes hours to make big changes to the map so I'd like to keep that an idea until its confirmed that I (wont) just waste half a day of time with that.

Also is there a way to have different climate zones, making it colder up north and east and making it warmer in the west and south while having a big line go down around the middle of it thats cold?

I read about foraging zones being mapped out somehow maybe it could work with climates too..

Edited by zoeyflower
forgot two cases of 'an' before the vowel sound

16 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

You could try creating a custom blend, but I personally have been having trouble with them.

No idea what blends are besides the ones that make the transition between grass and streets look more natural but I'd like to know more about those?

Edited by zoeyflower

Maybe this can help you https://www.gimp.org/unix/howtos/tile_cache.html  If that doesn't help you might have to get someone else with more RAMs to help you out, I'm pretty experienced with gimp so if you want me to do it feel free to ask.                                                                                                    

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

On 23.12.2016 at 11:19 PM, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

Maybe this can help you https://www.gimp.org/unix/howtos/tile_cache.html  If that doesn't help you might have to get someone else with more RAMs to help you out, I'm pretty experienced with gimp so if you want me to do it feel free to ask.                                                                                                    

ill try that out thank youuuu~

16 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

In your tilezed folder there are two files : Blends.txt and Rules.txt.

These control how your bmp is converted into a tmx.

You can find information about using them in the tilezed help menu.

So when it is converted, do others have to download the blends file or something or does everyone get different forest types when the map is done?
Like I change the blends now and the eastern side of the map will have decidious forests while the western side has evergreens, when I then finish the map and upload it and others download it will they also get those same effects or will they get emptiness because they dont have the custom blends?

Edited by zoeyflower