NPC's and vehicles?

DarkSideDK

In the early 2014, I posted a topic (which has now been deleted) regarding when the NPC's and vehicles would be implemented, and it's now been two and a half years without any progress on that front at all. 
Instead, you've focused on graphical updates, VOIP - both of which seems completely unnecessary to me, and expanding the map - last part being something that the modding community was already doing. 

So, I come to ask you now; why are we not getting any progress on the two core mechanics you sold the game on in the beginning?

[EDIT: It has been deleted]

Edited by DarkSideDK

1 hour ago, DarkSideDK said:

In the early 2014, I posted a topic (which has now been deleted) regarding when the NPC's and vehicles would be implemented, and it's now been two and a half years without any progress on that front at all. 
Instead, you've focused on graphical updates, VOIP - both of which seems completely unnecessary to me, and expanding the map - last part being something that the modding community was already doing. 

So, I come to ask you now; why are we not getting any progress on the two core mechanics you sold the game on in the beginning?

[EDIT: It has been deleted]

Mate, this game has been in progress for a long time, and devs are working hard, just look at the version history changes. You won't find many games where devs are taking such a great care about their creature. 

Regarding vehicles, try this mod mate http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698689559

*gags* VOIP is definitely not unnecessary because i can't list the amount of times I've been shot while typing talking to someone, graphical updates are NECESSARY to have the things you want with Cars and NPCs because the way it is now when they model something they have to make each individual angle for holding the gun, facing a certain direction, ect. (from what i believe) instead where they update it to a 3D model it's easier because it allows you to actually model the physical cars/NPCs that people so desire at a much faster rate, so in reality this "graphical update" is the first step to having the big fat juicy stuff like NPC,Cars,Career Zombies, More Weapon variety.

Edited by Queen Glory

gee whillikers, how DARE the TIS team decide what THEY find to be important.

how DARE they decide to (GASP) expand the map as they have said many times they were planning on doing anyway.

how DARE they choose to add something as unusually bizarre as VOIP to the game. i'm sure the community did not want or hope for such a thing, after all its pointless and irrelevant.........right?

how DARE they continue to work on NPC's without mentioning what is happening. surely thats not because of the all the positive, supporting messages and emails they have received...right? i mean, who doesn't find it easy to continue busting your ass on something you intend to be among the best ever made (NPC) and getting told over and over and over and over and over that you suck, your game sucks, and you don't know what you are doing or how to PROPERLY develop a game....like the HUGE money guys at EA.

next time you want to gripe, please save it. we've heard it ALL before.

just keep having faith, it WILL work out...in time.

@syfy I think the main issue is that they show things that look far along but in reality they are months or even years away, They can take all the time they want but after 5 years people are obviously going to be upset that the features they bought the game for still aren't implemented.

27 minutes ago, syfy said:

It's these words that have been repeated over and over, How can people have faith in something that they don't even know they will see in 2 or even 3 years time. Will we even have vehicles or hunting at that point? Sorry for being a downer I'm just tired of waiting like everyone else.

3 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

1 minute ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

@syfy I think the main issue is that they show things that look far along but in reality they are months or even years away, They can take all the time they want but after 5 years people are obviously going to be upset that the features they bought the game for still aren't implemented.

It's these words that have been repeated over and over, How can people have faith in something that they don't even know they will see in 2 or even 3 years time. Will we even have vehicles or hunting at that point? Sorry for being a downer I'm just tired of waiting like everyone else.

Lots of people are tired of waiting.  I feel your frustration.  However, we bought a game that was in development.  There are no guarantees.  If the situation with PZ is really disappointing to you, go play something else. It is just a game and there are plenty of other ones out there. 

syfy you got it wrong its gee willikers, alternatively you can add golly / jolly to it for enhancement purposes if you want next time

15 minutes ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

true but that one enigma something dude had a point that theres loads of different games to play and things to do and check back later, if we all support em they might be able to get them out faster as opposed to when everyone just trash talking and being sarcastic about how slow they are and making memes about it i guess

Edited by zoeyflower

1 hour ago, syfy said:

gee whillikers, how DARE the TIS team decide what THEY find to be important.

how DARE they decide to (GASP) expand the map as they have said many times they were planning on doing anyway.

how DARE they choose to add something as unusually bizarre as VOIP to the game. i'm sure the community did not want or hope for such a thing, after all its pointless and irrelevant.........right?

how DARE they continue to work on NPC's without mentioning what is happening. surely thats not because of the all the positive, supporting messages and emails they have received...right? i mean, who doesn't find it easy to continue busting your ass on something you intend to be among the best ever made (NPC) and getting told over and over and over and over and over that you suck, your game sucks, and you don't know what you are doing or how to PROPERLY develop a game....like the HUGE money guys at EA.

Alright, so first of; if you're unable to respond nothing but sarcasm; go fuck yourself.

Secondly; TIS is a company, a business, and I bought a product from their company because of their advertisement based on promises that claimed NPC's and vehicles in their online world. A promise that has not yet been even close to being delivered, MANY years after advertising with it. So if you can't understand why I might have questions about how a product I invested in is doing in its developement; then go fuck yourself.

Thirdly; if you've heard this many times before, there might be a reason for that. It's not just coincidence. It's not just me asking this question. If you take a look on their Steam-page, there are HUNDREDS more asking the exact same question - namely because there is no one addressing the issue about the lack of the core elements that was advertised in this game.
If you're unable to understand this; then go fuck yourself.

We're done here.

SlyWolf and VanVon;
Thank you, for both responding like normal people, and not like the rest of the dim-witted fanboys that seems to saturate this forum. There is nothing wrong with asking questions about a product, especially not when you've personally invested in the business - to further their potential. 

3 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

*gags* VOIP is definitely not unnecessary because i can't list the amount of times I've been shot while typing talking to someone.

Yes, I can't wait to replace someone typing noooo with a frustrated sound of a person fuming and screaming at me over voice chat while I follow his bleeding character down the road with my shotgun.

Alright, so first of; if you're unable to respond nothing but sarcasm; go fuck yourself.

Secondly; TIS is a company, a business, and I bought a product from their company because of their advertisement based on promises that claimed NPC's and vehicles in their online world. A promise that has not yet been even close to being delivered, MANY years after advertising with it. So if you can't understand why I might have questions about how a product I invested in is doing in its developement; then go fuck yourself.

Thirdly; if you've heard this many times before, there might be a reason for that. It's not just coincidence. It's not just me asking this question. If you take a look on their Steam-page, there are HUNDREDS more asking the exact same question - namely because there is no one addressing the issue about the lack of the core elements that was advertised in this game.

We're done here.

SlyWolf and VanVon;
Thank you, for both responding like normal people, and not like the rest of the dim-witted fanboys that seems to saturate this forum. There is nothing wrong with asking questions about a product, especially not when you've personally invested in the business - to further their potential. 

Gotta remember the number one rule around here.

Be Lovely. Or Kirrus has something to say 

Sarcasm is one thing.

Telling a person repeatedly to go fuck themselves is on a whole different level. Kind of tells me a bit about you.....if ya know what i mean.

Ask about NPC development all you want. But be aware of the official TIS No ETA policy. And as i said before, they have been told off by so many people for the same stuff you wrote, they won't discuss NPC development in any public forums.

Doing so has shown to have a steam roller effect, as it quickly gets misinterpreted to mean NPCs are imminent if they give us anything to show how its going. Suddenly people who have been waiting play the game again, get pissed off when there are no NPCs, and create gripe threads in which they attack the Dev ream, publicly ream them as taking WAY TOO FUCKING LONG to do this.......you get the idea

Its a vicious cycle. And we the community are along for the ride. No one said this would be a quick fix thing to add NPC or Vehicles. A lot of that has also been heavily dependant on Animations getting polished off. Probably other little issues that arose as a result of the animations that we dont hear aboutas well....the weird glitches the IWBUMS is intended to help with...

Once it hits that development stage internally and they are ready for IWBUMS.

Again, have faith. Shit, as bad as WE want it.....imagine how nice it will be for the Devs once V1.0 is out and they can breathe.

But keep in mind, its a game. Nothing more. Whether you have 12 steam hours or 2100 steam hours, its only a game. 

Edited by syfy

We're done here.

SlyWolf and VanVon;

I cant help but agree with this whole post, There's no need for the excessive go fuck yourselves though.

@NPCs: in limbo because it's very complex. May or may not happen in the future in one form or another.

@cars: in limbo because of loading or network issues with fast movement, don't remember. May or may not happen in the future.

@animations: this is much more than just a graphics update, it will also allow them to do things in the future that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Will happen soon(-ish).

Please, please . . . don't ever buy games based on "promises" again. Even if it saddens me that PZ is the reason you learn this lesson, I can't stress this enough: buying something based on what it will be always ends terribly.

To those hundreds upset, there are thousands that aren't, and hundreds of thousands we'll never even hear from. Perspective goes both ways and, of course, there are reasons for it. Being upset the game is still in development and that a few of the remaining features aren't in after all this time is totally reasonable.

3 hours ago, syfy said:

Gotta remember the number one rule around here.

Be Lovely. Or Kirrus has something to say 

Sarcasm is one thing.

Telling a person repeatedly to go fuck themselves is on a whole different level. Kind of tells me a bit about you.....if ya know what i mean.

Ask about NPC development all you want. But be aware of the official TIS No ETA policy. And as i said before, they have been told off by so many people for the same stuff you wrote, they won't discuss NPC development in any public forums.

Doing so has shown to have a steam roller effect, as it quickly gets misinterpreted to mean NPCs are imminent if they give us anything to show how its going. Suddenly people who have been waiting play the game again, get pissed off when there are no NPCs, and create gripe threads in which they attack the Dev ream, publicly ream them as taking WAY TOO FUCKING LONG to do this.......you get the idea

Its a vicious cycle. And we the community are along for the ride. No one said this would be a quick fix thing to add NPC or Vehicles. A lot of that has also been heavily dependant on Animations getting polished off. Probably other little issues that arose as a result of the animations that we dont hear aboutas well....the weird glitches the IWBUMS is intended to help with...

Once it hits that development stage internally and they are ready for IWBUMS.

Again, have faith. Shit, as bad as WE want it.....imagine how nice it will be for the Devs once V1.0 is out and they can breathe.

But keep in mind, its a game. Nothing more. Whether you have 12 steam hours or 2100 steam hours, its only a game. 

Listen here - you don't get to condescend to people, treat other supporters like kids with down syndrome, and then play it off like you didn't have it coming. You knew exactly what you were doing, and you thought you sounded cool doing it.

Whatever that tells you about me, I don't care - you could have avoided that completely, if you hadn't responded like an immature sixteen year old trying to sound superior - And you clearly seem to agree with me on that, seeing that you've changed your tune completely.

And now that you're already speaking for the company (I don't know by whose authority) , then tell me;
if it's such a worn-out topic as you say, then why not post a general message on the forum's front page, or the game's front page stating that the current state of NPC's and vehicle's is uncertain.
Once again, we're a lot of people here that are waiting for updates on this.  

EnigmaGrey;
Thank you for the answer. Well, I wouldn't say that I was upset - at least until I met the more annoying side of the fan-base for the game. I understand that development takes time. I've played this game for over three years now. I've recommend it to four other friends, and we've played it extensively, usually with communication over Skype - which is why the VOIP isn't relevant for me. Same goes for the graphics, I think it was fine. The 2D models were awesome. I didn't mind them at all. 

I just noticed the game in my Steam library today, and thought I wanted to see how the development was going.
But since there wasn't any updates on the NPC's or vehicles no the webpage, I just wanted to ask here.
However, I didn't realize that it was going to be such a problem with people, that I asked a simple question.

Edited by DarkSideDK

4 hours ago, syfy said:

sticky thread in this very forum

You do realize ALL that "sticky" say is: "will be ready when it's ready", totally avoiding a time frame and generally keeping the things as obscure as possible. "Yeah, we work on your stuff. We are too few and is hard work. My dog ate my homework. "

Some of us actually expect results, not promises or excuses. 

1 hour ago, taha said:

You do realize ALL that "sticky" say is: "will be ready when it's ready", totally avoiding a time frame and generally keeping the things as obscure as possible. "Yeah, we work on your stuff. We are too few and is hard work. My dog ate my homework. "

Some of us actually expect results, not promises or excuses. 

To reiterate:

NPCs won't be discussed until after animations are out; no time frames will be provided; the only promise is that NPCs will be in the game for it to be considered complete. 

Till then, the reasons behind the decision to avoid discussing and showing off NPCs has been made abundantly clear and should have been further driven home considering how unexpected delays with animations were received.

Enigma.  "Hundreds of thousands we'll never even hear from" x14 USD each. It seems to me TIS got the means to hire extra coders based on the money we provided.

I hope you realize everything revolves around time. When you hire someone to paint your house, you ask for a price then you ask for a time-frame. You go with your car to machine shop, you ask: "When is ready?". You order a pizza? "When will be delivered?". What would you do if the pizza-guy would tell you "I can't tell you when. Wait! I don't even want to tell you when. Because of reasons."

We all paid for our damn pizzas. Deliver them already.
(And no, what you delivered to far was some half-baked, half-burned piece of dough with no topping, not a pizza)

15 minutes ago, taha said:

Enigma.  "Hundreds of thousands we'll never even hear from" x14 USD each. It seems to me TIS got the means to hire extra coders based on the money we provided.

I hope you realize everything revolves around time. When you hire someone to paint your house, you ask for a price then you ask for a time-frame. You go with your car to machine shop, you ask: "When is ready?". You order a pizza? "When will be delivered?". What would you do if the pizza-guy would tell you "I can't tell you when. Wait! I don't even want to tell you when. Because of reasons."

(And no, what you delivered to far was some half-baked, half-burned piece of dough with no topping, not a pizza)

I wouldn't go this far, though.
I think the product delivered so far is very nice.
However, the analogy about the time-frame is definitely valid.

2 hours ago, IronCoffins said:

I suppose any threads like these are the result of no one ever clicking on and reading( Save Yourself a Post (Announcements, Info, NPCs .etc) link in the discussions tab

Threads like these are a result of fans wanting answers due to lack of statement and updates from the developers.
NPC's are still used as a part of the advertisement, both of the main site and the Steam-page.

18 hours ago, taha said:

You gambled by buying an incomplete game with the full knowledge that it's future is uncertain. To compensate you for this, you were given a game in its current state, and all future updates.

That's it. TIS didn't sell you a service. TIS didn't bake you an infinitely consumable and variable pizza ready in 20 minutes or less, either.

You paid for the game. You got the game immediately after purchase. 

Everything else? That's just the risk you took buying an early access / alpha-funded product. The devs will do their best to implement their vision for the game, on their own time, in their own way -- exactly what you signed up for.

9 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

Threads like these are a result of fans wanting answers due to lack of statement and updates from the developers.
NPC's are still used as a part of the advertisement, both of the main site and the Steam-page.

It's funny to realise that the whole reason for the current blackout with NPCs is specifically due to "fans wanting answers" and because of the response those answers always resulted in.

It turns out sometimes the only satisfactory way to make a statement and provide updates is to actually release that content; just talking about it or showing off intangible things just pisses enough people off (far more than the lack of communication) to make it difficult to be a member of this community, yet alone work on the game. No doubt if TIS could turn back time, NPCs would never have been part of the tech demo, or even in the game until, just one day, they were.

So TIS made a choice. Show things off or get things done, at least when it comes to NPCs.

The main reason NPCs are kept in the dark was because the developers worked on them and then threw them on the backburner until they were ready to be worked on again. However since they spoke about what they coded and created, people just read the abstract and missed the part about them being nowhere near ready and the posts were mearly projected concepts to be included later.

Thanks to that in factually every single Mondoid released on the steam forum there are people throwing fits and tantrums about the fact that a massive update that "should be ready by now" is not out the door yet even though it is nowhere near done. The staff here have tried to say numerous times that if there's a chance it's coming next week, they'll be the first to notify you, but it's not what's on the chopping block at the moment. 

Now as for you saying the graphics update, map and VOIP are useless updates... the reasons you gave for that are very poor and I'll tell you why.

Graphics: The graphics update was a while ago and was necessary in order to move everything up to the 2x tiles (or whatever it was, I'll tell you right now it's not as pixelated as before) and they were smart about it and got it out of the way so not everything else was drawn and designed in order to be re-drawn later. Trust me, it is easier to update the graphics and sprites resolution beforehand rather than having to re-do 100 new things down the line.

The map: You said that the community was doing this... which even if that was totally true (a lot of community maps are very low quality and there are only a few as thorough and properly designed as the one the developers put work into), it's not a reason for them to not develop the main stock map (since it is the one most people play on and will continue to hold that title). The map is projected to be a lot bigger than it already is down the line and building onto this map is important for creating new content in the world (like basements and terrain). They certainly don't develop those things just to be modder assets. 

VOIP: This was not a minor update. Come on now, you know this was important to multiplayer. Having actual voice chat is not a stupid novelty, it's staple for a lot of this kind of MP and gives people the ability to send a message without having to stop mid-combat to type something.

You are also disregarding the other updates that got thrown in here regarding content, and there are quite a few of them.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

• nasKo locked this topic