Game Won't Load

Swordstriker

Question

3 answers to this question

Heya Sword,

Sorry for the inconvenience! This isn't an error I've seen before, but I have a couple guesses as to what might fix it.

First thing is, if you have two graphics cards on your computer, make sure the game is set to launch with the primary card.

Second, if you could try making sure your graphics driver is up to date. It looks like a problem with graphics support either way, so it may be a good idea to get on your graphics card provider's website and update your drivers either way.

Edit: It may also be caused by an improper resolution being set. If you to C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid you can also try either just deleting the "options.ini" file or editing it to a different resolution (preferably a normal aspect ratio smaller than your screen).

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll do some more digging. Cheers!

41 minutes ago, Rathlord said:

Heya Sword,

Sorry for the inconvenience! This isn't an error I've seen before, but I have a couple guesses as to what might fix it.

First thing is, if you have two graphics cards on your computer, make sure the game is set to launch with the primary card.

Second, if you could try making sure your graphics driver is up to date. It looks like a problem with graphics support either way, so it may be a good idea to get on your graphics card provider's website and update your drivers either way.

Edit: It may also be caused by an improper resolution being set. If you to C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid you can also try either just deleting the "options.ini" file or editing it to a different resolution (preferably a normal aspect ratio smaller than your screen).

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll do some more digging. Cheers!

Alrighty, this time my game loaded after I updated my graphics card (good call on that one by the way) BUT I am now faced with a new problem. Picture below: 

bfb6671080faa58cfcf91babbedc2d8d.png

As you can see it says that my steam isn't running when in fact (as you can see in the background) it is. Suggestions?

Yours Truly,

Swordstriker

9 hours ago, Swordstriker said:

Alrighty, this time my game loaded after I updated my graphics card (good call on that one by the way) BUT I am now faced with a new problem. Picture below: 

bfb6671080faa58cfcf91babbedc2d8d.png

As you can see it says that my steam isn't running when in fact (as you can see in the background) it is. Suggestions?

Yours Truly,

Swordstriker

UPDATE

I fixed it.

Archived