///*WARNING* THREAD MIGHT CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS, TURN BACK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SEASON 5 OF BREAKING BAD YET///

Saw the season 5 finale last night and it was gut wrenchingly satisfying.  Don't think I could have asked for a better ending than that. Seeing Walter evolve through the 5 seasons was amazing and it still left a void in me at the end. 

It was something that deep down all of us knew, that Walter White, was cooking because he liked it. Not because of his excuses of helping his family (although that might have been the fuel) but because he was a more than capable chemist working as a high school chemistry student and earning almost nothing.

As for Jesse, his role in the end was missing something (but was still very satisfying) and throughout the series he was dominated by almost everyone.

Also, did anyone recognize the fact that Jack's death mirrored Hank's death? Like him being cut off in the middle of the sentence and being shot in the head the same way Hank did

Eager to hear any Breaking Bad fan's thoughts about the finale, the characters or the show. 

I wanted Walter to live, but his family and Jeese dead :D

One thing I didn't understand : Why doesn't he take a plane in a country that don't extradite people to America ? He could simply do it when Hank discover him.. I don't have the feeling he was so attached to his country/friends, he could leave with his family before it was the total mess...

It was indeed a satisfying ending! Pretty much all loose ends tied up as well. It was only ever going to end with Walt dying, the question was how - self inflicted in a blaze of glory. The only episode Walt was pretty much truthul about everything. Great series - no idea what to watch now.

One thing I didn't understand : Why doesn't he take a plane in a country that don't extradite people to America ? He could simply do it when Hank discover him.. I don't have the feeling he was so attached to his country/friends, he could leave with his family before it was the total mess...

:D He did try to leave with his family, but poor Hank died. The episode "Ozymandius" was my favorite episode of all time. From the acting to the story it was fucking amazing

It was indeed a satisfying ending! Pretty much all loose ends tied up as well. It was only ever going to end with Walt dying, the question was how - self inflicted in a blaze of glory. The only episode Walt was pretty much truthul about everything. Great series - no idea what to watch now.

Yeah, from the start it was pretty clear that in the end Walter will die. I did make a prediction that Jesse would be the one to kill him after he did not save Jane and I was sure that Jesse would be the one to finish him off when Brock was poisoned. 

In the end if Jesse had not seen the wound in Walter's stomach, Jesse would have killed Walter himself and that would be one shitty ending. Almost had me in tears when Jesse told Walter to say that he wants it

Gus was one of my other favorite characters and I had hoped that he would have also been in season 5 with his boxcutter :D, his death was one of the greatest TV deaths I had witnessed.

Even if he did leave, America has some sneaky little fucks in various agencies that could pick his ass up and drag him back to the US. That, and the US could just strong-arm whatever country he goes to into sending him back most likely.

Archived