Canning... IDK where to post this...

lawlness

Hey i just wanted to say that with the introduction of metal and metal working, would the Devs eventually put in canning your own food? It seems like a simple process... I even found a video about it xD

There can be canning machines found, (rarely) through out the urban areas, they require electricity so with the addition of the generators and gas it  would make a great addition to the game. You would have to start farming early on and then you can make your own food storage for late game.

Also i'd also love to see a way to create a makeshift fishing rod from nothing but what you find in the wilderness. That brings up a new way of making string or rope, from vines or just from zombie's clothes. Anyway i'm sure these ideas have been posted before but i'm just bringing it back up.

17 hours ago, lawlness said:

it would be a big difference as your finding metal an such in late game. A sheet of metal could make maybe around 5 cans with lids... idk.

Also thanks kim jon un, anyway i can move this to the suggestions section?

You can just delete this thread and remake it in suggestions, But if you want it moved you will have to ask one of the mods.

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

On 12/12/2016 at 0:24 AM, Teesee said:

You can already put your food in jars, would there be a real difference? No offence, I'm just asking. I know it's a pain to find jar lids in the game, that would be another way to preserve food. 

Like Kim said, canning and jarring are different, but I think the main plus to this would be an actual reason to run a generator. At the moment there's ABSOLUTE use for them. This may give a player who is trying to prepare for the first (second?) winter to find a generator, stock up on gasoline, and actually turn it on to serve a purpose other than lighting a house or postponing their food spoilage for a few more days.