CartoZed

turbotutone

eya @ddraigcymraeg it looks like something went wrong while reading one of the filenames, ive updated 1.2 links with some better verification... 

you'd only need the 1.2 update files, if you could give it another go it should skip the files it cannot read properly and output those in the log.

if you could pm me the debuglog.txt from the mapmap dir after running the update would be great

regards,

turbo

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for this program, but I am sorry to say I am struggling to get any desired output. I am using last version 1.2 from first post, on 38.30 and on vehicle test build 31 with same results.

I am opening vanilla game map (Muldraugh) from game installation directory. It is correctly displayed in the program.

Then I select the area to export like shown in first attached file, click "Save as 2D PNG". The program reports the export is successful, but I get only a small file of a completely unrelated area, which looks like a single cell (see second attached file).

Looks like there is a north west offset of some sort, but I also found the offset depends on map position and zoom in the preview of cartozed.

cartozed12.png

result.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For AIZ 2 map mod, which has now gotten very big.... 

When I run CartoZed 1.2, I get this:

boundaries x=2, y=10, maxX=57, maxY=64
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
   at CartoZed.DataAccess.IO.RawMapImporter.readData(String folderPath, String themeFilePath)
Returning image data.
Finished... 

Is it possible to increase the limits?  

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, zmwhite said:

Thank you for this program, but I am sorry to say I am struggling to get any desired output. I am using last version 1.2 from first post, on 38.30 and on vehicle test build 31 with same results.

I am opening vanilla game map (Muldraugh) from game installation directory. It is correctly displayed in the program.

Then I select the area to export like shown in first attached file, click "Save as 2D PNG". The program reports the export is successful, but I get only a small file of a completely unrelated area, which looks like a single cell (see second attached file).

Looks like there is a north west offset of some sort, but I also found the offset depends on map position and zoom in the preview of cartozed.

I can confirm I'm having the exact same problem; PNG export simply not working right now.

• 1 year later...

@turbotutone Can I export isometric which includes trees, bushes and another vegetation and all objects on her ?  I tried many times , changed theme but TREES not rendered. Can you help me ? I want the isometric picture like in game using your software. Maybe I doing  something wrong.

Edited by Nazarito22

• 1 year later...

The tool works so well for me but as someone who makes a lot of custom tiles I've noticed that when I want to export my custom map as isometric the custom tiles just do not render. Is there any way to fix this as I'd love to render my custom map to upload on it's steam page. TIA

On 6/18/2022 at 1:33 AM, BigZombieMonkey said:

The tool works so well for me but as someone who makes a lot of custom tiles I've noticed that when I want to export my custom map as isometric the custom tiles just do not render. Is there any way to fix this as I'd love to render my custom map to upload on it's steam page. TIA

I'm still having no luck with this, does anyone know if it's possible to map on iso with custom tiles? 

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

Since the newest update (41.73) I am unable to use the Draw function on CartoZed

when I do I get an error message:

boundaries x=0, y=0, maxX=65, maxY=52
   at CartoZed.DataAccess.IO.RawMapImporter.readData(String folderPath, String themeFilePath)
Returning image data.
Finished...

All the maps in the folder challengemaps works flawlessly, but the main map (the one in Muldraugh, KY) don't
I like to make 2d maps each time there's an update (to see what's added to the map) so I can say that on 41.72 it was still working

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:49 AM, DJTekilla said:

Greetings!

Since the newest update (41.73) I am unable to use the Draw function on CartoZed

when I do I get an error message:

boundaries x=0, y=0, maxX=65, maxY=52
Returning image data.
Finished...

All the maps in the folder challengemaps works flawlessly, but the main map (the one in Muldraugh, KY) don't
I like to make 2d maps each time there's an update (to see what's added to the map) so I can say that on 41.72 it was still working

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

CartoZed is not Updated to last Project Zomboid map.

• 3 months later...

Greetings!

I decided to try my luck again today with CartoZed.

I found out what was causing the issue and it was entirely my fault. I thought that the CartoZed1.2 (Full) included the CartoZed 1.2 (Update).

When I applied the updated files (from CartoZed 1.2 (Update)) everything started to work as intended.

Once again sorry for not reading properly. :D

(PS: If all you see is white, it's because the map is zoomed on the top left, simply unzooming shows the entire map)

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 4:46 AM, DJTekilla said:

Greetings!

I decided to try my luck again today with CartoZed.

I found out what was causing the issue and it was entirely my fault. I thought that the CartoZed1.2 (Full) included the CartoZed 1.2 (Update).

When I applied the updated files (from CartoZed 1.2 (Update)) everything started to work as intended.

Once again sorry for not reading properly. :D

(PS: If all you see is white, it's because the map is zoomed on the top left, simply unzooming shows the entire map)

I applied the update file to CartoZed but i still get the same error.... O.o  :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 5:36 PM, Zousug said:

I applied the update file to CartoZed but i still get the same error.... O.o  :(

I'm sorry to say that it worked for maybe an update or 2, to be honest I forgot about it. Until CartoZed is updated I'll be using the ingame map (M by default).

I use CartoZed to see what's added to the map each update and I also use it as a way to check houses I've looted, since you can add notes and symbols to the zomboid ingame map it works well enough for me and the needs I have for it.

As for CartoZed being updated we'll have to be patient :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure what you are using but this is what I get using the gui and command line tool using the vanilla map files. Noticed something when looking at cell 65.52 Could that be the issue?  run.bat in /mapmap references texture data path invalid or doesn't exist: Tiles.pack. Looking in that directory I only have Tiles1x.pack & Tiles 2x.pack.. Regardless of that stuff I added the files from bedford falls and am easy able to make the tool work. So this is starting to look like a little bug in the vanilla map.

image.thumb.png.57d4cb3383d786c6661adeba6ed5212c.png

image.thumb.png.223a71c2c7e55b76e08e4d75368c1ebd.pngimage.thumb.png.250860dd209ccf6fdb1a7fdbb6911dfb.pngimage.thumb.png.e4c1ace1876ba5eab262e38b157359ae.png