Don't Stop Me Now

nasKo

dontstopmenow-712x462.jpg

Hey all, Mondoid again. Work on the anims/combat build continues, and we’re still tying the new system into Zomboid’s multiplayer contingent. The new state machine stuff is quite a major shift in the game code, and MP is used to dealing with the old version so the dev wheel’s still (still) turning on that front. Elsewhere meanwhile…

MEGATEST PART II

So last Thursday we had 172 lovely members of the community jumping on the current Build 35 test version together, and it was great: directional VOIP governed by player position on the map clearly brings a ton to MP – so hurrah!

To see if lightning can strike twice within our awesome survivor-base we will be having The Great Big Build 35 MP Megatest: Part II this week, again on Thursday evening (GMT). This will be an updated version of the game (released fairly imminently – details below) and focus more on Factions and new Admin features that were a little too bugged to get proper feedback on last week.

Thankfully people seemed to have plenty of fun, but as a stress test our community playdate did its job by flushing out plenty of bugs for us and our friends at General Arcade to stamp out. We had a few crashes during the run of play, some heavy lag on the (rare, but important) times when there are 15+ players in the same area, a few issues with some Bluetooth headsets and a few bits/bobs of levels balance. Oh, and Rosewood Prison was mysteriously zombie-free.

Nothing sinister though, so hopefully we can iron out these last creases before finally releasing what we currently have in the public IWBUMS beta test to the public. If you want to check out some footage from the Megatest than .exe’s stream can still be found here.

icon.jpg

MULTI-TILE MOVES

The current Build 35 IWBUMS beta is content locked, so this feature may well be left aside until a follow-on build unless Turbo can sweet-talk us into thinking otherwise, but Turbs has now finished off his movable item system so it’s extended to multi-sprite objects. It’s something our base-build fanatics have been asking for, so here’s a quick vid to show it off.

You can now manoeuvre bigger furniture around, and also (with the correct tools) deconstruct larger objects into several smaller kits that will be able to fit inside your inventory – but will clearly be fairly heavy too. Many two tile items, like signs and paintings, will just fit into your inventory however. Turbo has also updated the movable item icons so they look like the actual object in question, rather than one for a generic category, and generally made the UI a nicer place to be as well. The ‘kit’ sprite will also get a Mash revamp too, as the ‘little box’ look could be improved.

INCOMING IWBUMS UPDATE

That’s about it for this week, although as mentioned above we do have a new 35.23 beta build dropping tonight or tomorrow that will appear here. This contains some important longstanding fixes for modders, new farmsteads and farmland between Rosewood and March Ridge, the ability to choose different colours when painting containers (handy for colour-coding in MP safehouses), extra Faction and Admin teleport options, a ‘support ticketing’ system to let players to get in touch with server admins and expanded foraging/trapping zones.

This will, most likely, be the build that Thursday’s Megatest: II will run on. If you have any problems updating then please check out this thread, which outlines the VCRedist 2015 issue that some players are running into. Thanks everyone!

This week’s featured image from Gassy Taco over on Steam, who we assume is Blasted Taco of the TIS forum’s cousin or something.  The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is now open for chat and hijinks too. A general overview of the content of PZ builds past, in testing and upcoming can now be found here.

9 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

i go 'indiestone just get me a video please all i want is a video'

and they wouldnt give it to me

all i wanted was a video

just one video 

just one video

fingers crossed for next mondoid

My exact thoughts for all past Monday's. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

i go 'indiestone just get me a video please all i want is a video'

all i wanted was a video

just one video 

just one video

fingers crossed for next mondoid

Video generation takes developer time away from working on features. Sometimes it's easy to throw a video together, in which case it's a higher priority. Other times.. it's incredibly painful, because a small but vital component of the game's core engine is under renovation.

4 hours ago, kirrus said:

Video generation takes developer time away from working on features. Sometimes it's easy to throw a video together, in which case it's a higher priority. Other times.. it's incredibly painful, because a small but vital component of the game's core engine is under renovation.

or just a picture of something in 3d max like the new clothing thats been worked on? just anything visual

pictures from the animation update and videos like anything like the huge amount of new weapons and attachments youve shown us had me looking at them for months straight never being disappointed and always eagerly awaiting

its like im starting to think if the wait is worth it and then i look at the videos with the new combat the gore overlays the loads of new guns different revolvers THE M16!!!!!!!!!!!! with the duct taped kitchen knife bayonet attachment the new clothing the park ranger gear the visible backpacks youve shown us and most of those were taken straight in 3ds max and i looked at those and was like hell yeah it sure is worth it and if you provided some cool pic/s of pretty much ANYTHING animation related each mondoid or so id totally be completely content but thats just me but im sure others would feel the same i cant wait for it ive been playing soooo many different games waiting for this and i keep coming back every monday hoping for just a pic or so it would be really awesome but i understand if it doesnt work out well 

5 minutes ago, zoeyflower said:

or just a picture of something in 3d max like the new clothing thats been worked on? just anything visual

pictures from the animation update and videos like anything like the huge amount of new weapons and attachments youve shown us had me looking at them for months straight never being disappointed and always eagerly awaiting

its like im starting to think if the wait is worth it and then i look at the videos with the new combat the gore overlays the loads of new guns different revolvers THE M16!!!!!!!!!!!! with the duct taped kitchen knife bayonet attachment the new clothing the park ranger gear the visible backpacks youve shown us and most of those were taken straight in 3ds max and i looked at those and was like hell yeah it sure is worth it and if you provided some cool pic/s of pretty much ANYTHING animation related each mondoid or so id totally be completely content but thats just me but im sure others would feel the same i cant wait for it ive been playing soooo many different games waiting for this and i keep coming back every monday hoping for just a pic or so it would be really awesome but i understand if it doesnt work out well 

Here is the thing, right now i see what is happening, TIS is treading on mighty thin ice right now, the animations took longer to go out from what they expected,  Build 35 is about to go out of the door because is pack filled with new features and fixes but when that build goes out and it hits steam, i am pretty sure there will be backlash saying "did we really waited 6 months for THIS" referring to the animations part of the update and not appreciating whats in the update.

Now imagine what will happen if they give us pictures or a new video? It would be like teasing a hungry wolf with a big steak,  the wolf will tear your arm off, this is more or less what is happening right now in reddit and the steam fourms but on a lower level.

Now we have Build 36 in the horizon with the feature of moving multiple tile objects in the game and we came back to square 0 regarding the animations:

Work on the anims/combat build continues, and we’re still tying the new system into Zomboid’s multiplayer contingent. The new state machine stuff is quite a major shift in the game code, and MP is used to dealing with the old version so the dev wheel’s still (still) turning on that front.

We heard this little line of text in each Mondoid for 6 months now, sometimes with a new video or image that made us feel like "probably will be out next week!".

Believe me that if they put a image or concept regarding the animations, there will be backlash harder than before, specially after Build 35 goes out of the door.

1 minute ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Here is the thing, right now i see what is happening, TIS is treading on mighty thin ice right now, the animations took longer to go out from what they expected,  Build 35 is about to go out of the door because is pack filled with new features and fixes but when that build goes out and it hits steam, i am pretty sure there will be backlash saying "did we really waited 6 months for THIS" referring to the animations part of the update and not appreciating whats in the update.

Now imagine what will happen if they give us pictures or a new video? It would be like teasing a hungry wolf with a big steak,  the wolf will tear your arm off, this is more or less what is happening right now in reddit and the steam fourms but on a lower level.

Now we have Build 36 in the horizon with the feature of moving multiple tile objects in the game and we came back to square 0 regarding the animations:

We heard this little line of text in each Mondoid for 6 months now, sometimes with a new video or image that made us feel like "probably will be out next week!".

Believe me that if they put a image or concept regarding the animations, there will be backlash harder than before, specially after Build 35 goes out of the door.

I agree with everything you said but they could easily just say in the same modoid they post a picture in that animations will not be in build 35. Crisis mostly averted.

2 minutes ago, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

I agree with everything you said but they could easily just say in the same modoid they post a picture in that animations will not be in build 35. Crisis mostly averted.

Crisis probably not averted but lets pray to Gaben for the devs because there will be people that will flip their shit right into our faces, God help us.....*

1 hour ago, Butter Bot said:

I hope you get at surprise. :D

TIS's model loader now works with old mods, but I've not given Hydro a shot on the new build yet.

I haven't tried recently but did with older release of B35. There was hard core beeping and crashing.