Outragedparker

From a programming stand point, right now the "dug" plot is just overlaid onto the existing environment.  The sewn graphic just replaces it, still leaving the background intact.  Would it be easier to just have "tilled" earth backdrop obliterate the existing cell?  Then when you plant, it just stamps the plant graphics onto the "tilled" earth backdrop.

Problem solved.

Not sure if you guys knew, but Skallagrim has made a "farming-fix" mod which allows you to cut grass :P

Actually I did not, thanks.

That said, I am not running any mods.  I want to play the game the way the devs have delivered the product.  If there is an "in game" problem, the bug may not be valid with 3rd party processes in the mix.  I have thought about rolling out a mod or three (weapon choices, smoking rack (one use item, like a camp fire), Smoke House and Root Cellar were my toughts) but that might be classified as "cheating."  Once the game is out of beta, then I will probably start looking at matters not addressed.

That's kinda been my point of view to an extent American Steel. One thing I will say, disabling a mod is usually very easy- just a single click in the game menu- so if any time you decide you wanted to go back to playing without it, that option would always be viable. I generally don't just because I'm being asked for constant feedback on the game and give support for issues and don't need an extra variable in the mix XD

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...