Megatestin

nasKo

You know I read the update and I was like WOW this shit sounds amazing and it's coming very soon and I looked into comments and everyone is complaining. It seems strange to me it might be i'm more patient but every Mondoid is enough satisfaction for me and most of the time the highlight of my day (maybe it means i'm just sad) I don't care if it comes out next week or now, I just like it to be complete and done when it comes out.

18 hours ago, nasKo said:

To this end, we need to stress-test both the new VOIP functions and the full set of MP improvements like the extended Admin powers and Factions. So… if you’re a server admin, a habitual PZ player online or just someone with a spare evening who fancies some desperate survival: you are cordially invited to ‘The Great Big Build 35 IWBUMS MP Megatest’ at 5pm GMT this Thursday 1st December.

This will carry on for as long as people want to play, and will have fun activities like clearing Rosewood Prison of the zed horde en-masse over VOIP, and a climactic Last Man Standing competition. There’ll also be PZ codes given out as prizes, and we’ll get a few devs and community people online too. (Just be warned that, by its very nature, this will be still be a test version so a few bumps in the road are to be expected.)

Now you see i'm a VERY VERY Competitive person, you best believe i'll be there.

What Zorak said. I cannot understand how someone can come and complain about missing features in an early access game. THAT'S THE POINT OF THE WHOLE EA THING. PERIOD. 

Would the game be released at 1.0 with missing features, yeah, now go ahead and rant, I can understand why. But now, I can't agree more with EG: if the sole purpose of someone's visits here is to comment every Mondoid and say "NPCs? Animations? WAKE UP DEVS!" (the last one being a brand new trend) maybe that person should go play LoL and get even saltier, because at this point it probably means he or she is enjoying it.

Even AAA games take years to develop... With bigger teams! People constantly complaining here should back off and have a look at the whole picture. TIS is not yet another Russian company running away with EA money and delivering a crappy zombie game... And harassing them won't help. Call me fanboy if you wish, but anyone with a bit of sense knows that being shouted at and judged doesn't help in any way, whatever the work is. So why do it here? 

Now, back on topic, I can't wait to hear from the supertest! Next Mondoid, I guess. 

@EnigmaGrey

I understand your point and you have the right to do your job as a moderator; also I am sure some people crossed the line and I am not here defending that single individual (that insults, or goes against forum rules), I am here to point out what caused the whole thing, what lead someone to give a negative review to PZ (often starting with "I like this game, but...") and (stating the obvious) that it would be wise to avoid all this to even start.  How?

Changing the approach to communication and updates. I am not here to say how, if you, like me, feel something should be changed please do it, if you think everything's fine, mine's just another stupid advice, I'm sure not the first one you read.

The problem is being slow is not bad in itself, Devs may be even fast (and we don't know), however what we can see is the outcome and you can clearly see if changes from, let's say first steam release, "weighs" 3 years (of wait) in gaming industry (let's take an average game), the answer is "WAY NOT", regardless of the team's effort and twists and turns of their lives.

It's not like there's a "special standard" for TIS in gaming industry, you can be slow even if you're doing their best.

Let me add this: every time you take the small team excuse would turn your logic against you so when you say "we're a small team" , well what else would you expect if not "hire help" maybe with a not exactly elegant "instead of buying a new car" or going on vacation; then you read "go coding" when you comment a game you played on steam (I read that somewhere on this forum), like you're not supposed to have a private life...

And I add: let's say I know a lot, what if I know a small team could do it and it's actually just TIS' problem?

Of course it could turn bad, of course it's rude and disrespectful, but where does this start from?

Take the whole no ETA drama. Personally, I couldn't care less about when TIS are going to give us a new update, I don't care about the new animations, but it's clear no ETA is just for a "false sense of security" that doesn't hide the truth and I say this with no intentions to insult the Devs and their work.

Now, to those pointing out it's Early Access, like @Zorak , it's not like people can't read... I'd like to remind them this project is probably only possible in the first place thanks to people that bought this unfinished game hoping to play it as a full game one day and, keep in mind, among them there are even those that gave a negative review; even more important is, in my opinion of course, that many of those negative reviews often start with "I like/love this game, but..." Also, it's really really wrong to apply your view on gaming/life to other's people, first one being (and the list could be very long) the "you just paid X money for X hours of playing that means you played for X money/hour" this is how you value your time and that's your approach to gaming, it's not "universal"  and not a good point at all.

Or take @Teesee missing the point completely. It's Early access then what? What's wrong asking them to deliver? What kind of millionaire are you paying 15 dollars/euro not expecting them to deliver?

EA is not charity, my friend. For the small team thing, read what I wrote to EG, but just to repeat myself "but you knew they were a small team",  doesn't mean anything. How can you tell this could not be done by a small team? How big a team is supposed to be to deliver PZ (let me joke here) before I pass away? Is size of the team the only key component here? And I could go on and on with this kind of questions.

But I understand your good intentions, I really do.

Some people bought this game, once again, as Early Access to support developers hoping to play PZ as a finished product one day and in my opinion they're not wrong asking for TIS to deliver, if they're rude their fault, but if they are rude after an uninspired reply as "if you're not satisfied go play another game" or a even less helpful "it's EA , duh!", well, I understand them.

Now, I am really sorry about the Off-topic and I really hope the best for TIS and PZ. Please try to consider I "wasted" some time to write here not to hate, but to point out that people that often seem not supportive care about this game as much as you do (if not more).

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Marco1

1 hour ago, Marco1 said:

Or take @Teesee missing the point completely. It's Early access then what? What's wrong asking them to deliver? What kind of millionaire are you paying 15 dollars/euro not expecting them to deliver?

EA is not charity, my friend. For the small team thing, read what I wrote to EG, but just to repeat myself "but you knew they were a small team",  doesn't mean anything. How can you tell this could not be done by a small team? How big a team is supposed to be to deliver PZ (let me joke here) before I pass away?

In this part you are missing the point completely. In EA games you get them as they are NOW, you get discount + a good chance that game become better. Its like investment. Some EA games ( Dead linger anyone?) wont deliver and the only thing you can do is to cry and whine at their forums.

The whole " i expected them", "other dev teams", "but game XXX" its just a crap made by guys that dont know what early access means.

Now if we look at Pz, they keep updating the game, the give you some info each monday. Yes for my taste they are slow , but I dont whine (that much) as I know I have no right to do so. for 14e I have over 450h of fun and probably much more to come so its good investment.

2 hours ago, Marco1 said:

Please try to consider I "wasted" some time to write here not to hate, but to point out that people that often seem not supportive care about this game as much as you do (if not more).

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for YOUR time dude.  

Its really a shame but it seems that all too often in order to register a negative opinion on this forum you need to figure out a massive, well worded essay in order to simply defend yours and other right to an unpopular view. Really if you look back at the posts most of the venom, sweeping generalisations and 'un lovely-ness' is often used against people voicing a concern over the games delevopment or future.

Sad times.

And damn right i love this game and care about its development.

I decide if Early Access is for me but each EA game is different from the other, as we are also different from each other.

If i had to nail down my beef with the development its that i dont like to feel im being lied to, fobbed off or placated. The term 'Buying time' was also used.  

I feel that and i dont like it. Maybe thats my own personal stuff but its there and causes me concern over PZ's future and i have a right to voice that opinion, forums arnt just to gush about people youv never met. Tbh i dont care much for the Animations and NPC's would probably change the gameplay into something else, but saying 'soon' for many months is just a joke. A joke that has gotten old quickly.

Anyway, burn me, im just a digital shadow of a real person.

Edited by NebNebber

1 hour ago, NebNebber said:

I feel that and i dont like it. Maybe thats my own personal stuff but its there and causes me concern over PZ's future and i have a right to voice that opinion, forums arnt just to gush about people youv never met. Tbh i dont care much for the Animations and NPC's would probably change the gameplay into something else, but saying 'soon' for many months is just a joke. A joke that has gotten old quickly.

No matter how often you express your displeasure at this, you will not get satisfaction simply because there's no way we can provide it. We can only point to the work we've done and the crises survived to assail your fears of the future, as it's impossible to predict how long will take with such a small team (all it takes is one member to have issues with their task, to get sick, to burn out, or to die and that's the end of that time frame or possibly the game and the company as a whole).

The only way to do what you want us to do would be not to talk about anything, at all, until it's already out.

As to why the team remains small, the answer should have been self-evident, @Marco1: TIS is doing well enough to get by, and has a bit saved up to carry on development if the worst should happen, but those funds aren't unlimited: there's only so many people they can hire with available funds and still hope to be in business long enough to finish the game. No doubt they'll look at hiring more talented people where possible, just as they have in the past, but when the game sells for a median price of $8 and is itself a niche title, trapped in a category of ill-repute until completed, we have to be realistic.

So I guess this means we get to suffer together -- you get to "have a right to voice that opinion" and I have a right to sigh and ask "Why do you expect anything different?" in response, after a few months of hearing the same thing.

You say love the game and care about it's development, but the people that need  to hear that are only  being presented with  the negatives.

Just now, Trojan_Turps said:

Early Access! 

The cause and solution to all life's problems. 

Deity help me if TIS ever does another early access title.

What is it about the transaction "get something now, but incomplete, with any future updates, whenever (if ever) they may be" instead of "wait X years while something is worked on in secret but might be disappointing on day 1" that leads to such conflict of opinion?

Can't have both.

@EnigmaGrey

ehm... I never asked why they don't hire people...If that's what you got from my words, damn, that's a problem...

I said something like: a small team is not good as an explanation/excuse for delay, it may be the right number and problems could be elsewhere; when you use that as an excuse it's just an own goal (and incorrect).

I even wrote to the guy: " How can you tell this could not be done by a small team? "
Whatever, your last post made everything way clearer...