Today! 5pm GMT and beyond! Great Big Build 35 IWBUMS MP Megatest!

Batsphinx

Okay, around twenty people are in now - and the event proper will be starting in 30 mins or so! We'll keep the server open for hi-jinks afterwards too I'm sure :)

We're also looking for Rosewood map feedback, and if you see any clear map bugs then please screenshot and bug track them! And indeed bug track anything else you come across! 

Ok after setting everything up.

It seems that project zomboid disables my microphone.

LG Tone Pro

My pc detects the microphone (it works normally) but something seems to happen when loading up and playing pz.

Also at the main menu I seem to hear voices of some sort? (Players I guess.)

To get sound to work at all I am thinking its because of the bluetooth LG Tone Pro headset I have. I have to go to options. Than I can just hit accept and sound comes back.

However the microphone gets disabled while pz is loaded. (I checked my pc's recording devices it shows up as connected but my voice is not being recorded at all.

Using any setting it will not detect my voice at all while PZ is loaded.

When logging into the server I had to do enter the options menu and hit accept again to hear any sound while using the headphones.

Other than that I could hear other players decently without problems.

Sound works fine when the headset is not being used. My guess is its just having trouble with the bluetooth headset.

Edited by wsensor

ok so here is my feedback

whenever I join the server i need to re-enable my push to talk button -> then accept -> then I can talk again.

The quality is good.

Some sounds are to loud (gun fire, storm) you cant hear others when we have thunderstorm or gun fight around.

Too many players at the same place creates massive lags -> zombie teleporting -> map not loading etc

Even when the server is lagging you can hear other players just fine via voip.

2 hours ago, Zorak said:

ok so here is my feedback

whenever I join the server i need to re-enable my push to talk button -> then accept -> then I can talk again.

The quality is good.

Some sounds are to loud (gun fire, storm) you cant hear others when we have thunderstorm or gun fight around.

Too many players at the same place creates massive lags -> zombie teleporting -> map not loading etc

Even when the server is lagging you can hear other players just fine via voip.

I think you just summed up my feedback.

Plus the music was too loud sometimes and i needed to tamper with the options to be able to hear what people were saying.

I get disconnected everytime i try to join after i make my character.

- Verified Game cache

- Turned off all Mods

- Am running IWBUMS 35.22b

Log:

1480628389115 FBO: creating 16x16
1480628389117 FBO: creating 8192x4096
1480628389120 SafeMode is off
1480628389134 Loading 3D models
1480628390080 fmod: Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1Sound_1GetData:3893 JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer
1480628390483 shared-descriptor: registered id=1000
1480628390483 shared-descriptor: registered id=1001
1480628390483 shared-descriptor: registered id=1003
1480628390483 shared-descriptor: registered id=1004
1480628390483 shared-descriptor: registered id=1006
1480628390540 using spawn region Rosewood, KY
1480628390540 6 possible spawn points
1480628390699 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_disconnect
1480628390736 znet: Connection closed: reason=1 port=1
1480628390738 RakNetPeerInterface.connectionStateChangedCallback state=Disconnected message= thread=Thread[UdpEngine,5,main]
1480628390738 [VOICE MANAGER] VoiceConnectClose uuid=99433372767
1480628390738 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakVoice_CloseVoiceChannel
1480628393999 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1480628395949 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1480628421699 waiting for UdpEngine thread termination
1480628421710 znet: Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Shutdown
1480628421757 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I MISSED IT @Batsphinx @TheIndieStone idk why you guys decided to make it on a Thursday is beyond me possibly only time you guys were all available idk. But I think next time you guys do an event like this can you guys like do it on a weekend because us people in American schools can't make it when you make an event on a school day :/ wish I could've been there hope ya'll had fun.

5 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I MISSED IT @Batsphinx @TheIndieStone idk why you guys decided to make it on a Thursday is beyond me possibly only time you guys were all available idk. But I think next time you guys do an event like this can you guys like do it on a weekend because us people in American schools can't make it when you make an event on a school day :/ wish I could've been there hope ya'll had fun.

From experience running the various TIS servers and moderating the communities, Thursdays between 5 and 10 GMT tend to be our most active time.

Don't worry though -- we'll definitely be doing this again, on a different day and time.

Thanks everyone -- it was a blast.

Hey,

Will people will be interested for a more organized testing?

Basically: be more faction wars focused, so we could test factions, safehouse, non pvp zone, admin power, etc...

My idea, depending on how much people are in, create multiple factions (3-4 i guess), put them all in Muldraugh, let them choose a safehouse and then fight... Those who join after everything is cerated could always join a random faction.

Let's say pvp will be disabled the first 2 days, then it'll be always on (remember to disable melee pvp for your faction member.. or betrayal.. :D)

This is really to see how faction wars are going, see if it's fun/how we could push pople to do more faction wars rather than solo pvp, etc...

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Hey,

Will people will be interested for a more organized testing?

Basically: be more faction wars focused, so we could test factions, safehouse, non pvp zone, admin power, etc...

My idea, depending on how much people are in, create multiple factions (3-4 i guess), put them all in Muldraugh, let them choose a safehouse and then fight...

Sounds like fun but can you guys do it on a weekend? Idk how Thursdays are a more active time that a saturday but IDK the statistics so how could i say? All i know is i'm only available in that time on weekends.

EDIT: Sorry Engima didn't see your post about doing it different day different time. (I actually didn't have a problem with the time just the p=day)

Edited by Queen Glory

43 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Chances are if we have to do another test or two, at least one will fall on the weekend, Queen. I know -- it's a pain for us to pick the days, too. There's always someone that gets left out. :(

What didnt work out in this build tho? VOIP or the factions system?

5 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

What didnt work out in this build tho? VOIP or the factions system?

Two crash bugs; voip after a while would stop working for some. The faction system had a glitch with its button, but some people were still able to use it. Bluetooth headsets do not work.

There's also some pretty bad lag when large groups are in the same area. 

tbh, I expected it to be much worse considering the size of the build.

32 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Two crash bugs; voip after a while would stop working for some. The faction system had a glitch with its button, but some people were still able to use it. Bluetooth headsets do not work.

There's also some pretty bad lag when large groups are in the same area. 

tbh, I expected it to be much worse considering the size of the build.

Yeah the lag when there were large groups was a mess, but i thought that was like a normal thing to happen in the game by this point.

If that can be fixed, u will be amazed. 

On 12/1/2016 at 8:58 PM, wsensor said:

LG Tone Pro

My pc detects the microphone (it works normally) but something seems to happen when loading up and playing pz.

Bluetooth headsets are always tricky things. What is your model exactly, LG Tone Pro HBS750? I'll see if I can find one and test it out, although it's very probable that the issue is related to the PC's bluetooth adapter, bluetooth stack, OS version etc.

Could you please answer the following questions:

- Is your computer notebook or desktop?

- What's your OS version?

- Do you use external USB dongle or builtin bluetooth adapter? What exact model?

- There are few different bluetooth stacks: Microsoft, Toshiba, Logitech, BlueSoleil etc., which one is yours?