Today! 5pm GMT and beyond! Great Big Build 35 IWBUMS MP Megatest!

Batsphinx

If you’re a server admin, a habitual PZ player online or just someone with a spare evening who fancies some desperate survival you are cordially invited to:

The Great Big Build 35 IWBUMS MP Megatest!

New IWBUMS build 35.22b just released  - be sure to restart Steam if you haven't downloaded it already!

EDIT: IMPORTANT - even if you don't have a microphone PLEASE set your  Audio Options to 'Listen Only' in VOIP. We want you to be able to hear people!

Where's a place to chat about this?

Discord!

What time does it begin?

5pm GMT! (CET: 6pm, EST: Midday, PST: 9am)

How do I get the build?

Simply follow these instructions to unlock and install the current IWBUMS beta build of Project Zomboid.

How do I turn on the VOIP that needs testing?

Ensure you have headphones and mic plugged in and operational, then select your chosen set-up in the Options menu. VOIP is central to this test, so if you have headphones then please, please set it up.

images.jpg

Which server do I join?

Go to the server list and join the server called [Official] [Event] Spiffospace IWBUMS. No password will be required.

Where will I spawn?

To keep it nice and simple everyone will be spawning in the new Rosewood area.

What sort of stuff will we get up to?

Mischief and hijinks, hopefully! Redboid’s Hicks has very kindly pitched in to offer his Admin services – and is thinking about having a co-op prison clearance, and a faction-on-faction TDM fight to the death as the exciting season finale.

There will be PZ Steam codes as prizes, so people can fight for the right to spread the Zomboid love to one of their buddies. The last survivor standing, meanwhile, will be gifted a Steam game of their choice - anything up to the value of £40!

Where can we give the vital feedback you require?

Glad you asked! Either here in this thread, or if you need to discuss any issues or coordinate with other players then we have opened up this Discord channel.

What vital feedback do you need? That I will DEFINITELY supply?

1. VOIP. We need to know your thoughts on voice quality, preferred settings, audibility distance between players (though this is a server option) and general feedback on the use of use.
  2. Your thoughts on Factions. Press Escape to access the user panel, add discover a new system that lets you choose a  tag, a colour and to form very own survivor gang –  with it being your decision as to whether you reveal your allegiance to the players you meet, or not. This system also disables melee PvP between group members, which you can also turn off should you need to turn on your friends or the recently infected.
  3. Other general MP, gameplay and admin improvements. General thoughts really!

What if I have problems?

Give everyone a shout in the Discord, and if your issue seems buggy/crashy then make a note of all useful info and the error read-out it’s showing you if there is one. This is still a beta build, so stuff may well crop up – but hopefully not too much.

What if I can’t play, but can watch?

Then from 6pm GMT the redoubtable Mark .exe will be streaming, and his Twitch stream can be found behind this link.

Anything else?

Just have fun, and cross your fingers!

I was going to say, actually, that approach of server's forming individual factions in the Megatest would probably be the most fun way to do it - and also the best test of RJ's Faction systems.

We can maybe have a general Discord channel open for feedback while the game itself is being played, and for people to ask questions?

Yeah, i think thats a pretty good way to do the testing, and why i want to do a Call to Arms to our community, hope other server admins and communities join too.

And i think thats a good idea, you can make a new channel for the event on TIS discord, so people can communicate in there if needed :)

Edited by EUDOXIO

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

I was going to say, actually, that approach of server's forming individual factions in the Megatest would probably be the most fun way to do it - and also the best test of RJ's Faction systems.

We can maybe have a general Discord channel open for feedback while the game itself is being played, and for people to ask questions?

I just hope they use the Discord channel for feedback instead of using it as TS3 and not using the VOIP.

All my headsets with a mic have busted long ago except for my lg tone.

I have never used the LG Tone to actually speak before and only ever used it to listen to music so not sure how it actually works.

I might try joining if I can figure it out but not sure if the mic even works as the entire headset has not been used since last year in june when I was hospitalized after surgery and I never tried the mic out haha.

4 minutes ago, wsensor said:

All my headsets with a mic have busted long ago except for my lg tone.

I have never used the LG Tone to actually speak before and only ever used it to listen to music so not sure how it actually works.

I might try joining if I can figure it out but not sure if the mic even works as the entire headset has not been used since last year in june when I was hospitalized after surgery and I never tried the mic out haha.

It's better to have someone on who can listen and not speak, rather than have no-one on at all! Join in!