Project Zomboid crash in MAIN menu. FMOD.DLL JAVA

Yarik

Hi!:-D

Faced with such a problem...

The game crashes on the main menu, and returns an error related to java(TM) platform SE binary which talk about fmod.dll

The error text is:

The signature of the problem: 
 Event Name the problem: APPCRASH 
 Application Name: ProjectZomboid32.exe 
 Application Version: 0.0.0.0 
 Mark application time: 56e20179 
 The module name with the error: fmod.dll 
 Module version with an error: 0.1.7.3 
 Stamp module-time error: 564b6143 
 Exception code: c000001d 
 exceptions Offset: 00003c97 
 OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4 
 Language code: 1058 
 Additional Information 1: 5861 
 2 For more information: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2 
 For more information, 3: f0d1 
 More information 4: f0d1dbd1567564468dabe2f29efc18be

Moreover I do not hear the sound from the main menu, as it turned out, fmod - sound library.

System requirements conform to the recommended, the program of work would be needed to sort all set. This bug was in my operating systems: Win Xp, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1.

I tried literally everything else fails. I would be grateful if you help solve this problem. played in the game from a friend, and she fully captured my attention, that's bought on Steam and such failure ...:cry:

Sorry for my English, I'm talking in another language :)

Help!

Error.jpg.1f39e061d5dc8e43b92873aab94dbe26.jpg

17 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\_CommonRedist\vcredist and install the various files there. Steam should have done this for you.

If this doesn't work, try installing your sound card driver.

All the software has been installed. Updating the driver to the sound card - nothing. but the error is clearly due to fmod. found on the Internet earlier version of the game. to version 22.30, inclusive game worked (but a drag) and starting from 23 crash (it was then that the developers have moved on fmod)

What sound card and OS version (looks like Windows 8) are you on, Yarik?

To be direct: we've not encountered an issue like this before; I"m not sure if it'll be possible to address the issue or not, and it might take a long time to hear back. Try running the game with the -nosound flag:

right click PZ in Steam -> Properties -> Launch Options -> "-nosound" without quotes

If the game doesn't crash, then we know it is indeed an issue with the sound system.

On 30.11.2016 at 4:50 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

What sound card and OS version (looks like Windows 8) are you on, Yarik?

To be direct: we've not encountered an issue like this before; I"m not sure if it'll be possible to address the issue or not, and it might take a long time to hear back. Try running the game with the -nosound flag:

right click PZ in Steam -> Properties -> Launch Options -> "-nosound" without quotes

If the game doesn't crash, then we know it is indeed an issue with the sound system.

Sound Card Integrated - I think that's the problem. Yes, in the image windows 8.1. As expected, with the flag -nosound game started without incident. I was even able to play it. I am grateful to you, it is decided to a large part of the problem. So we learned that a sound system problem. Maybe this is due to the fact that the sound card is integrated?

It shouldn't, generally. Usually sound cards, even integrated, support both FMOD and OpenAL without issue, but there's no gurantee that this is the case, unfortunately. The most I could suggest is maybe look at getting a USB sound card (or headphoens with a built in USB sound card) and see if that resolves the issue.

Before switching to FMOD, we had tons of problems with OpenAL. It's disappointing to think that it might not be as "sovled" as we thought it was, at least for some people. :( Sorry, @Yarik will pass it along to the guys and see if there's anything they can do, but it might take a while to hear back.

Archived