Mandatory Preferences on Character Creation

Zomboid

Favorite Color =  ?

Least Favorite Color = ?

Favorite Food = ?

Least Favorite Food = ?

Then the game actually can enforce this and give you bonuses accordingly to it.  Such as wearing the right color clothing or eating your favorite food. And also a big punishment for having least favorite color or least favorite food.

I'm sure there is many other preferences we can think of also besides these 2.

Edited by Zomboid

Personal preferences I find would have zero real world impact on an individual except in their own head. I'd find it tedious to have the game enforce something for me when I personally don't care and shouldn't have to make a choice. Why can't I like all color shirts and just appreciate the fact that my character won't die of hypothermia? Same with the food. Then again I'm a practical person in real life so maybe along with this you'd need a "practical" trait or something.

On 11/28/2016 at 8:29 AM, Name1234 said:

[...] zero real world impact on an individual except in their own head. [...]

Exactly, boredom and happiness also have zero real world impact on an individual except in their own head. Enforcing the personal preferences of the character would be more realistic. You might have a character who hates yellow and is disgusted with seafood or a character who just loves potato chips and the color green so you are on a quest for all things green for your dream bunker as you desperately try to stock up on potato chips.

Edited by Zomboid

6 hours ago, Zomboid said:

Exactly, boredom and happiness also have zero real world impact on an individual except in their own head. Enforcing the personal preferences of the character would be more realistic. You might have a character who hates yellow and is disgusted with seafood or a character who just loves potato chips and the color green so you are on a quest for all things green for your dream bunker as you desperately try to stock up on potato chips.

i would never put a pint of mayonnaise or ketchup or mustard or dressing or whatever of these disgusting afoodimations anywhere near my tongue or body in general I despise the idea of being even close to those and if the apocalypse ever happened i would rather die to being burned alive while having zombies rip my entrails out and tear my cheek off my face than ever even as much as looking at a bottle of ketchup / mayonaise / mustard / salad dressing 

i dont even eat those ingame when i see em i just pack em up and throw them into the river at west point and then i just imagine them being washed off into the deepest layers of hell where theyll turn into dust

and i never go back to that dreaded spot at the river

cause its no longer a spot at the river

its just a spot of shame

and disgust

and hate

if all the things i mentioned were sentient id torture them to death

Edited by zoeyflower

I have thought about this idea several times, but every time I came to the same conclusion: Since there's no way to enforce the player telling the truth here, you can't avoid most people doing what's convenient; For example, you could make something you never find your least favorite food, and something you find commonly, such as chips, your favorite food. Not only that, but let's say you could enforce this... Would you really want to? What if a player's favorite food that exists in game is the really rare thing, and they really hate the common thing? I think that, while this would be cool if it could work well, it wouldn't work well enough to be worth implementing.

On 12/3/2016 at 6:53 PM, SaltfuricACid said:

I have thought about this idea several times, but every time I came to the same conclusion: Since there's no way to enforce the player telling the truth here, you can't avoid most people doing what's convenient; For example, you could make something you never find your least favorite food, and something you find commonly, such as chips, your favorite food. Not only that, but let's say you could enforce this... Would you really want to? What if a player's favorite food that exists in game is the really rare thing, and they really hate the common thing? I think that, while this would be cool if it could work well, it wouldn't work well enough to be worth implementing.

This could be balanced with the more rare the more the bonus.