Battle Royale

FoxDieVirus89

Hello there,

I've noticed someone had brought up this topic a while back and I was wondering if, in the meantime, the interest in it had grown.

Battle Royale games and mods seem to become increasingly popular and Project Zomboid seems to have everything it takes to make

a succesful platform to create a similar gamemode.

As of now, which is rather surprising, there are no mods or servers out there trying this approach, so with this post, I was hoping to reach to

those who share a similar interest.

BATTLE ROYALE servers would have a few things in common:

• No zombies (optional)
  • ORMtnMan's Real Gun Mod
  • Rare loot, except for weapons
  • A setting (like the whitelist) that removes a killed/died player from the game
  • A script that would have officially start the Battle Royale when the minimum number of players is reached (could be as simple as resetting the world and have the players reconnect).
  • A script that would check total player count, report the total player count in global chat and when the player count equals 1, it would declare the remaining player as the winner.
  • A system that would force the players to a random point on the map over time, provoking contact and progress.

Due to my own lack of knowledge in scripting/programming, I'm unable to create said scripts.
However, It's become pretty clear that there are some really talented people out there with the ability to set up this project (which seems pretty simple as it doesn't really change much about the core game).

I'm also convinced that said scripts could be made in a way that would allow them to be run on any map of choice (allowing server admins to create diversity within the Battle Royale games)

So, once more, this is a call to people who share an interest in this idea and are willing to help set this up.

Please post your comments, ideas, etc below and let's see if we can get this ball rolling.

Thank you so much for reading this.

(DISCLAIMER: If you're a forum moderator or forum admin and you believe this topic is placed within the wrong section of the forum, would it be possible to move it? Thanks!)

Edited by FoxDieVirus89