TileZed Building Overlap issue

The Googlator

On 5/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, The Googlator said:

How's the progress going ? 

-TG

Like yourself, i'm trying to map a large portion of my local area... Don't have anywhere near the detail you've got going on, but i'm building everything as a "Building" so far, to keep it easy to update... Trying to avoid doing anything from Tiled until the end to avoid having to re-do things if I make any big changes. So for now, still working on layout, roads, landmarks, and well known locations.

That was great advise from the "TIPS" thread...  Basically use the Building Editor for everything!!!

I found that for large tract home neighborhoods, I goes quickly if I do a layout on the PNG image, then apply the streets, sidewalks & curbs, fences, and brick walls as a huge "building" file...  Then drop pre-saved homes of various orientation and model.... After I make sure everything looks ok, I'll go back and add some much needed detail...

Slow going, but the novelty of playing PZ in your own hometown is half the fun..

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, Arsenal26 said:

Like yourself, i'm trying to map a large portion of my local area... Don't have anywhere near the detail you've got going on, but i'm building everything as a "Building" so far, to keep it easy to update... Trying to avoid doing anything from Tiled until the end to avoid having to re-do things if I make any big changes. So for now, still working on layout, roads, landmarks, and well known locations.

That was great advise from the "TIPS" thread...  Basically use the Building Editor for everything!!!

I found that for large tract home neighborhoods, I goes quickly if I do a layout on the PNG image, then apply the streets, sidewalks & curbs, fences, and brick walls as a huge "building" file...  Then drop pre-saved homes of various orientation and model.... After I make sure everything looks ok, I'll go back and add some much needed detail...

Slow going, but the novelty of playing PZ in your own hometown is half the fun..

Keep working on it, I'm still between places so much going on, may be starting to build my own game soon so doubting I'll have much time to work on my Zomboid map, as much as I want the damn thing done. My map would span something like 56 cells, and I spent a good few months working on my FIRST cell and still only completed half of it. Given each of my buildings were individually furnished with no copies. If I can eventually a few cells I'd be likely to release it at that state and perhaps work on it as time passes. 

Good luck mapping! :)

-TG