Body decals for tattoos or body type.

Footmuffin

So the incoming clothing and bites+blood system has different layers for types of clothing or bite + blood marks for injuries, right?

It'd be fantastic for character differentiation to see an expansion on it that corresponds with what kind of body type or tattoos the survivor has. So, maybe a character creation table for a couple body tattoos the same way you might customize a shirt (or however it gets chosen,) or sleeve tattoos if they're a really tough gal/guy.

also! If a survivor has the overweight or underweight traits, they could get noticeably softer looking skin, and maybe contour shadows under their tummy or chest to simulate a belly if they're fat, or shadows to look leaner or frailer if they're thin. Chubby survivors wouldn't have the little rib marks n stuff, thin survivors would have them about as prominent as regular. I think this would really emphasize character differentiation with that same neat little level of detail that has always really charmed me and lots of others with the game.

Edited by Footmuffin
un-bricked all the text, for convenient reading and accessibility for those of us with ADHD

13 hours ago, Footmuffin said:

So the incoming clothing and bites+blood system has different layers for types of clothing or bite + blood marks for injuries, right? It'd be fantastic for character differentiation to see an expansion on it that corresponds with what kind of body type or tattoos the survivor has. So, maybe a character creation table for a couple body tattoos the same way you might customize a shirt (or however it gets chosen,) or sleeve tattoos if they're a really tough gal/guy. If a survivor has the overweight or underweight traits, they would get noticeably softer looking skin, and maybe contour shadows under their tummy or chest to simulate a belly if they're fat, or shadows to look leaner or frailer if they're thin. Chubby survivors wouldn't have the little rib marks n stuff, thin survivors would have them about as prominent as regular. I think this would really emphasize character differentiation with that same neat little level of detail that has always really charmed me and lots of others with the game.

I would also love to see warpaint kinda stuff then, like painting your face blue or drawing red lines across your eyes with corresponding paint color buckets, it would be cool for multiplayer or just general roleplay i would run a blue frog group and have em wear blue lines or face paint it would be pretty cool.

ALSO
This would probably be hard to implement but also cool would be skin progression when you get infected, like halfway in your character would get sunken eyes and notably but not too notably greener / purple-er skin and get the frail body effects with rip cage bones and such.

It would be cool to see little details like that especially now with 2x tiles and the bigger zoom levels that make you notice way more stuff and little details like that, you could then also really see that someones about to turn without having to check their medical status

Edited by zoeyflower

On 11/26/2016 at 8:41 AM, zoeyflower said:

This would probably be hard to implement but also cool would be skin progression when you get infected, like halfway in your character would get sunken eyes and notably but not too notably greener / purple-er skin and get the frail body effects with rip cage bones and such.

It would be cool to see little details like that especially now with 2x tiles and the bigger zoom levels that make you notice way more stuff and little details like that, you could then also really see that someones about to turn without having to check their medical status

I think that's the most functional application of this entire idea. I really, really hope they can introduce that some day!

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea. I always thought it'd be nice to spawn in as an Asian or Hispanic, or maybe with tattoos.

@TheWraithPlayer

there are already hispanic and latino player characters, and we already (used to?) at least have a couple of culturally hispanic surnames and first names for random characters. light or dark skin is already a thing for people of those ethnicites.

though uh. it'd be good if you didn't make a noun out of an adjective like that? not to be shitty to you but, that's kind of fucked up and hinges on a fairly racist bias. again, not to be shitty or hurtful to you just. don't do that.

Edited by Footmuffin
correctly mentioned wraith, added quote