Feedback required! Your fave character builds...

Batsphinx

Hi all!

My favourite character build goes like this:

Name: always random after 5 minutes of thinking :)

Profession: Repairman

Positives: Handy, Dextrous, Outdoorsman, Inconspicuous, Lucky, Fast learner

Negatives: High Thirst, Hearty Appetite, Slow Healer, Weak Stomach, Prone to Illness, Sleepyhead, Hemophobic

{Random name} {Random surname} always knew that preparation is the key and always double checked if the driller is REALLY switched off and everything is ABSOLUTELY safe. He was well aware that any illness he caught lasted for weeks and because of that he was very cautions about his health. When the zombie apocalypse finally happened (oh yes, he was hoping for it his whole life: after all he already felt that he was surrounded by instinct-driven mindless mass) he became even more careful. Before entering a house he cleared the street and the gazed through every window and shouted Come here mr Zombie before entering a room to make sure nothing surprises him when inside. Too bad that he was bitten by a deaf zombie that was not lured from the bathroom...

And if I play with Hydrocraft:

Profession: Park Ranger

Positives: Handy, Graceful, Herbalist, Hiker, Outdoorsman, Inconspicuous, Lucky, Fast learner

Negatives: High Thirst, Hearty Appetite, Slow Healer, Weak Stomach, Prone to Illness, Sleepyhead, Restless Sleeper, Hemophobic

{Random name} {Random surname} was also "better safe than sorry" type of guy, but he never trusted stuff that was too complicated for him to create all by himself. Why poison yourself with medicine when garlic is safer? And what is wrong witch drinking soda from birch bark mug in the cinema? A zombie apocalypse meant one thing for him: there is no reason left to visit the town any more.

Profession: Doctor

Traits: Dextrous, Fast Learner, Fit, Stout and Hunter.

Negative Traits: High Thirst, Slow Healer, Conspicuous, Hearty Appetite, Weak Stomach, Clumsy and Slow Reader.

Despite its many Negative Traits, I've found this to be a pretty good build for a medic. Fast learner is a must in my book. Stout and Fit help a lot in the looting department, that extra couple of pounds to carry, added hitting power and extra stamina makes for a good looter. The Hunter trait is mainly for PvP, its useful to lvl up aiming faster.

Name - Anthony "Tony" Wright

Profession -Nurse

Positive Traits - Cat's Eyes, Dextrous, Fast Reader, Wakeful, Lucky, Herbalist, Hiker, Stout, Fast reader

Negative Traits - High Thirst, Clumsy, Short Sighted, Conspicuous, Disorganized, Very underweight

Bio:

"Wake up, snort, drive to the ER, take vitals, another idiot playing with pistols, lunch, snort, stitch here IV there, drive home, sleep. Wake up, snort, drive to the ER, take vitals, another idiot playing with pistols, lunch, snort, stitch here IV there, drive home, sleep." After two years, these days had started to blend together, "What day is it again? Tony found himself asking more and more often. The only change in his routine was when Tony stopped by Carlos's to pick up some of his precious white powder or when he finally sat down to tackle the mountain of paperwork at his station. The boredom was eating him alive, which only resulted in more visits to Carlos. The only time Anthony would forget about his endless cycle at the graveyard shift was when he was in the woods. An old cabin passed down in his family, a bit rundown now, but Anthony preferred it this way. It had everything you could ever need, a single window, a radio, a few boxes for storage and a nice wood pit.  1993 in West Point had been a rough year for Anthony having lost his brother, the last bit of his family, in a car wreck, only added to his lack of appetite and his inability to sleep.  That's probably what saved him that fateful day. After watching a family lose a son to a vicious car wreck towards the end of his shift, all those emotions came screaming back. Wanting to get away, He left for his cabin without even stopping at home and spent the day foraging and trapping using the small bit of supplies he had left from his last trip. Two days went by, when he started hearing weird reports on the radio. After listening closely and hearing half the city had gone wild with a virus that was killing everyone it got its fangs into. He decided to stay there and wait it out. This is his story......

Edited by Novluis

Name: Jessica Staley

Job: Unemployed

Good Traits: Strong, Thick Skinned, Lucky

Bad Traits: Claustrophobic, Slow Reader, Cowardly, Conspicuous

Bio: Jessica was born and raised in Georgia in 1966. As she reached adulthood in 1984 she felt the urge to travel, she wanted see the land and whatnot. She visited California, New York, Alabama, West Virginia, North and Soth Carolina, Illinois, and a few more before she settlein West Point, Kentucky reckoning that this place would be as good as any other. She made a living in and around West Point doing various odd jobs for a couple years before another monotonous day of looking for a regular job turned into a day of tragedy

Name: Edward Waltzer

Profession: Repairman

Positive Traits: Dextrous, Stout, Handy

Negative Traits: High Thirst, Hearty Appetite, Slow Healer, Sleepyhead

Edward was no stranger to hard work. His love of his profession could only be matched by his love of twinkies (los submarinos). With his quick fingers, he could always find the right tool or component for the job at an instant. Despite unknowingly having diabetes, life as a plumber in West Point was good. It was. Until they came. Late for evacuation, in a dark house behind closed curtains, he could hear his neighbors being torn apart, one by one. A few days later, he was the only one around. Survival will be hard indeed.

Difficulty: First Week, Normal

Spawn: Rosewood

Name: X

Profession: Unemployed

Positive Traits

Herbalist, Gardener, Outdoorsman (for living off the land)

Inconspicuous (to move about more freely)

Thick Skinned, Fast Healer (for when situations go sideways)

Negative Traits

Unfit, Weak (Decades of sedentary living resulted in a soft body.)

Background

A divorced retiree and survivor of spousal abuse, X is accustomed to keeping a low profile, rolling with the punches and getting back on their feet asap to avoid worse unpleasantness. Post divorce, after years of being cooped up indoors, X revels in the outdoors and loves puttering in their garden and surrounding woodlands. It's a hobby which has proven to be invaluable.

Meta

Early game with a weak character feels risky but manageable. Deaths usually happen b/c I did something stupid, not b/c of game balance. Built for the long game - need ability to make/find food and medicine, endure bad weather/avoid sickness, and survive zed encounters, though preferring avoidance to confrontation. Negative traits bring in significant extra points and can be worked off over time, which provides a greater sense of "leveling up": slowly growing stronger as game difficulty increases with passage of time.

Mods

Additional Hair Colors, Cremation - Corpse Disposal, Driving Cars, Missing Skill Book: Electrical, First Aid and Foraging, Natural Skin Tone (HD Texture), Pump Power, Survival Stuff V2 (b/c it compliments my Positive Traits nicely) and Wring Out Wet Towels

Hi

For play on survival i built this character:

Name: Alexandra

Profession: Unemployed

i'm finishing the second month on this character (just one zombie kill!!)

Traits:

• Graceful and Inconspicuous: zombies will less attract to me and i'm more free.
  • Keen hearing and Eagle Eyed: hate when a zombie appear behind you and you have no time to reaction. now you can see farther and even see your behind.
  • Obese, Unfit and Weak: now that zombies less attract to you and sooner forgot you you can save this points and remove this traits over time during game.
  • Pacifist and Hemophobic: Pacifist just will slow the rate of weapon leveling a bit. this traits will worth getting.
  • Slow Reader and Prone to Illness: Don't eat bad foods. If you have a book it worth couple of hours to get the bonus effect. Read them deeply.
  • lucky, Organized and Dextrous: Find more loot,  Get them all and transfer them quicker before its late.
  • Thick Skinned, Fast healer and Outdoorsman: Have to dig with your hands well do it, and if you'r injured don't die with by a scratch. why catch a cold?
  • Nutritionist And Wakeful: See what you'r eating and be fit always. don't sleep too much it is Apocalypse.
  • Cat's eyes: well i don't like the dark nights when i don't have any light source.

Good luck